• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Adventures in Babysitting or Clue?

burrunjor

Scooby
These two 80s classics are similar in that they are two one off, quirky, comedy movies that were ignored at first, but soon developed massive cult followings.

Which do you prefer?

Well I'm going to say Clue. Adventures in Baby Sitting is great, but Clue is Tim Curry at his absolute best. Also the rest of the cast are comedic royalty too like Madeline Khan and Michael McKean and they all get their moments to shine like "Flames on the side of my head.."

Also nobody leaves this thread until you sing the blues.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To refer to those films as classics is a bit much, you might think they are great but that is it.

burrunjor

Scooby
To refer to those films as classics is a bit much, you might think they are great but that is it.
Well personally I think that anyone who thinks David Tennant was a better Doctor than any of the first 7 is utterly insane, but hey ho opinions. ;)

Reason: Edited it to seem more jokey as it could come over as dickish.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
As much as I love Clue since it is based on Clue the game I have to go with Adventures in Babysitting. Elizabeth Shue plays a pretty resourceful babysitter. It is very funny and has an excellent soundtrack. You can’t beat the catchphrase in the movie. Not to mention it is good to see Chris ( played by Elizabeth Shue) end up with a good guy after the jerk of a boyfriend she once had.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I honestly can't decide. My gut says the first one (which I can only remember maybe a minute's worth of material, and yet despite this I feel I enjoyed it), but my head says the 2nd (which I remember more clearly). I enjoyed both, and would rewatch either, but haven't bothered to get the dvds for them.

burrunjor
burrunjor
Definitely get the DVDS for both. They are just so much fun. Again I'll say that Tim Curry is the man, but Elisabeth Shue is just such a likable lead.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I haven't seen Clue so I'll go with Adventures in Babysitting. It's a fun comedy, haven't seen it in a while, but I always like movies where people need to accomplish something by the end of the night, and adventure shenanigans occur. It's fun. And Vincent D'Onfrio as Thor. lol

burrunjor

Scooby
As much as I love Clue since it is based on Clue the game I have to go with Adventures in Babysitting. Elizabeth Shue plays a pretty resourceful babysitter. It is very funny and has an excellent soundtrack. You can’t beat the catchphrase in the movie. Not to mention it is good to see Chris ( played by Elizabeth Shue) end up with a good guy after the jerk of a boyfriend she once had.
It's funny I always thought Clue would be more popular, but every person I have asked so far on this and another board I frequent has said Adventures in Babysitting. Come on Clue fans where are you, it has a bigger following LOL.

I watched Adventures in Babysitting today thanks to my thread. I don't know what made it pop into my head in the first place LOL, but I must say it really does hold up, apart from the unfortunate Thor is a homo joke. Again it was a different time, but it is a shame that is in it. Though ironically the little girl who gets offended at her hero being called a homo, is herself a lesbian!

Anyway Shue is such an amazing actress. So warm, likable, a bit ditzy, but not stupid, badass at certain moments, but not to the point where she ever feels unbelievable. IE she doesn't suddenly go from a normal teenager to Xena. She behaves in a way that you hope most people would. I also LOVE her costume too. Speaking of Doctor Who, that would have been a much better female Doctor outfit.

I haven't seen Clue so I'll go with Adventures in Babysitting. It's a fun comedy, haven't seen it in a while, but I always like movies where people need to accomplish something by the end of the night, and adventure shenanigans occur. It's fun. And Vincent D'Onfrio as Thor. lol
I always wondered was he meant to be the real Thor or just a guy she thought was Thor? Obviously it would be more likely to be the latter, but the fact that he says he has one of these, meaning the helmet at home, always hinted to me that he was Thor? Again he could have just been being nice to the adorable little girl, but given how mad the movie is, (the way they actually meet the hook guy LOL) I always thought that it was at least open ended that he might be Thor.

Either way it's funny that he went on to be the Kingpin LOL. To be honest I actually preferred his Thor to Hemsworth's. I've always thought Hemsworth was crap. I can't stand any of the MCU leads apart from Scarlett Johanson. Hemsworth is a plank, Mark Ruffalo is one of the worst actors in anything, and Robert Downey JR is too smug. God if he and Clara from DW had a baby the smugness would consume the earth.

I like Jeremy Rainer in other parts, but I always found Hawkeye to be boring. Give me the Adventures in Babysitting Thor any time. He had a lot more of an edge to him and looked way cooler, yet had a sweet side with the little adorable girl.

Also nobody's leaving this thread until they sing the blues.

Last edited:

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Yeah I think he's meant to be a guy she thinks is Thor cause he looks like Thor and he's being nice to her.
I like Jeremy Rainer in other parts, but I always found Hawkeye to be boring.
I don't think that's Renner's fault, they barely give Hawkeye anything to do, even in his own show.
I've always thought Hemsworth was crap. I can't stand any of the MCU leads apart from Scarlett Johanson. Hemsworth is a plank, Mark Ruffalo is one of the worst actors in anything, and Robert Downey JR is too smug. God if he and Clara from DW had a baby the smugness would consume the earth.
Well I can't agree on that. I love Hemsworth as Thor. I like Ruffalo in the first Avengers movie, but I don't like what they did with Banner after that, Ruffalo plays it too comedic. RDJ is smug, but that's the character of Tony Stark. I love Chris Evans as Captain America and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda.

famicommander

Scooby
My mom essentially ran a daycare center out of our house when I was growing up and to this day she watches my nephews and cousins four or five days per week. She has always loved Adventures in Babysitting. I must've seen it a dozen times as a kid.

Black Thorn
The first time I had heard of Adventures in Babysitting was when @Mr Trick did a livestream watching it. Before that I had no idea it existed because I don't watch a lot of older movies. And when I saw it I thought it was one hell of a movie. Elisabeth Shue is an amazing actress and did an immaculate job in it. The story, plot and characters were all very well exucauted. I was rewatching it a lot on Disney Plus.

I had Clue on DVD and watched it a lot and played the board game growing up. I love the movie. I love the mystery and the characters but I would still pick Adventures in Babysitting because I feel like it was more entertaining and a unique gem of a movie. Very original.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Glad I could introduce you to it. Still need to see Clue.

fauxindigo

Scooby
I've never seen Clue before either. I don't really know why not considering I love murder mysteries and drama. I didn't even know Tim Curry was in it.

Adventures in Babysitting is one of my all time favorites from childhood (it's perfect companion movie is 1991s Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead); me, my siblings and immediate cousins watched this growing up, laughing our asses off and singing the Babysitter Blues. I love Elisabeth Shue in it too, she's a great lead actress! Love what a scumbag her boyfriend is- you love to hate him. Brad is hilariously dorky, smitten with the babysitter. Daryl is perversely hilarious, Sarah is entertaining but BRENDA is by far the most hilarious character in the movie and the highlight. I love how all the drama really revolves around them getting to the city and back to the suburbs to rescue Brenda all because she ran away to the city 😂 All the different characters that the group encounters throughout their trip into the city are so entertaining; it's fast paced, funny and exciting. Gotta love it.

burrunjor

Scooby
I've never seen Clue before either. I don't really know why not considering I love murder mysteries and drama. I didn't even know Tim Curry was in it.

Adventures in Babysitting is one of my all time favorites from childhood (it's perfect companion movie is 1991s Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead); me, my siblings and immediate cousins watched this growing up, laughing our asses off and singing the Babysitter Blues. I love Elisabeth Shue in it too, she's a great lead actress! Love what a scumbag her boyfriend is- you love to hate him. Brad is hilariously dorky, smitten with the babysitter. Daryl is perversely hilarious, Sarah is entertaining but BRENDA is by far the most hilarious character in the movie and the highlight. I love how all the drama really revolves around them getting to the city and back to the suburbs to rescue Brenda all because she ran away to the city 😂 All the different characters that the group encounters throughout their trip into the city are so entertaining; it's fast paced, funny and exciting. Gotta love it.

It's hard to get more lovable and cute than Elisabeth Shue in this scene LOL.

Oh and Clue is Tim Curry's best performance IMO. You have to see it.

Top Bottom