• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel Rewatch: 1.12 Expecting

Btvs fan

Scooby
After the brilliant Sonmbulist we get 2 awful episodes and an ok one before the show gets back to 10/10 with Prodigal.

I hate the whole sex is bad undertone of this episode while the plot and Demon are ridiculous (even Greenwalt refers to it as the Daffy duck villain) and completely forgettable.

This episode shows the bad cheesy and forgettable side of what the Angel show could be. All I say is perserver it will get better 1/10

telperion66
telperion66
Forgive me for saying this, but it seems your greatly dislike most of the Angel season one episodes? Why post?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Great episode! Much better than I tend to remember when I haven't watched it in a while.

We're still seeing Angel and Cordy try to fit Wesley into their dynamic and that's really good writing and acting from all three. I also love so many things that, when put together, make this a favorite of mine; Phantom Dennis taking care of Cordelia, Angel and Wesley watching Cordelia drinking (gulping down) blood, Wesley's mention of the story of David and Goliath to the monster, Cordelia and Wesley at the doctor's office, Cordy's friends assuming Angel and Wes are a gay couple, I mean there is just so much goodness in this one.

I watched someone in today's world reacting to it and I wanted to roll my eyes sooo many times at their comments about how it was 'un-feminist' and how bad of a message it sent. Sometimes it's not about sending a message; it's just a funny episode!

Anyway, for me, this is like, maybe, a 7.5/10 :)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
No one should be telling others if they can or cannot post. We are doing a rewatch and some people may not enjoy all the episodes that doesn't mean they shouldn't participate.

telperion66

Potential
I really enjoy this episode.

Wes' axe = lol

"The best ones are always gay" lol

Wesley threatening to thrash the old couple at the wrong address = lol

I actually thought Cordy and Wilson had a nice chemistry (until of course he turned out to be evil) = poor Cordy!

This is one of the stronger episodes for Wesley during season one of Angel.

Wes' interaction with the big demon = lol

Wes' allergies, lol

Overall, a strong pre-Faith season one episode = 7.6/10 :)

Top Bottom