• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Ask me anything!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
For a limited time only...ask me anything!

(Well, I mean, you can always ask me anything...but for a limited time there's an actual thread for it...)

:D

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
What's your biggest regret in life? (besides having to admit you're a hoya)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
What's your biggest regret in life? (besides having to admit you're a hoya)

You spell Hoya with a CAPITAL H! :p

Not really exploring what career I wanted (and was suited to) when I was growing up. As a child I always felt I could only be a lawyer, doctor or businessman. So I didn't really give a lot of thought to what career I really wanted to have. All the things I was interested in I just relegated to having to be hobbies (sports, movies, archaeology, reading etc.) I wish I had really investigated the kinds of jobs I could have and then figured out how to get there before I went to college. Instead I tried to force my interests into the career path I'd chosen to make it into something I liked which didn't really work out.

Do you think that you'll ever move outside this country? If so, where?

Yes! Faith and I joke all the time about being "Still Game" and living next door to each other. I would absolutely move to the UK in retirement if I was able - there are so many historical sites I want to see there that it would make it a lot easier.

S
Spanky
You spell hemorrhoid with a capital H too.. and it's never too late to be a businessman.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ history/archaeology & movies

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

This one is lusting after me
Black Thorn
I've always assumed you're female, but I noticed that you used the word "businessman." So, are you a guy or a girl? Super curious now! 😅

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oooh I'll take up the girl theme for questions!

Favourite girl group?
Most inspirational female celebrity?
Favourite historical woman?
Favourite quote by a female?
Name you would call a girl animal?

Priceless

Scooby
Do you know many of the people on the board in real life?

What is a Hoya?

Are you really a Chelsea fan? What do you think the new season will bring, are you excited for it to start? (I am - Leeds will finish top 3)

Did you vote Republican in the last US election?

Have you got anyone on 'ignore'?

S
Spanky
Follow up question to what is a Hoya: and who cares? It's not the 80s anymore.

Priceless

Scooby
@Spanky Follow up question to what is a Hoya: and who cares? It's not the 80s anymore.

I'm going to have to google.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Do you know many of the people on the board in real life?

Not many - mostly mods & former mods. I've met 3 in person and speak to several others on things like What's App, etc. Maybe more people in future :) I do wish I had tried to meet more people when I lived in New York and LA. I guess I didn't really think that much about it - and I was much more concerned about privacy then.

What is a Hoya?

It's a what. lol

It's sort of the mascot of the university I went to. Basically when the school was founded their sports teams were called the stonewalls, and the students would do this thing where half of them would shout "Hoya" (Greek for What) and the other half would shout "Saxa" (Latin for Rocks). (So "What Rocks"). Now they are called the Hoyas but they use a bulldog named Jack as the actual mascot.

Are you really a Chelsea fan? What do you think the new season will bring, are you excited for it to start? (I am - Leeds will finish top 3)

Yes, I am Chelsea blue since 2004. I am still having trouble being excited having Tuchel there. Despite knowing it's unfair to him, it's hard for me to get over Frank Lampard being fired. Though I am better than I was in January. I am SUPER excited to have Lukaku back on the team. But I feel like we're probably going to experience the same thing that's happened in the past: new manager -> more success than expected -> okay start to next season -> performance plummets. I also feel like Tuchel plays his German players whether they are doing the job or not. Not that I don't like them, but there are times they need to be benched and I think it's a travesty that Tammy Abraham sat out the second half of last season so these guys could not score. :D

Did you vote Republican in the last US election?

Absolutely. Though I am an Independent voter and would have considered voting Democrat had they put up a reasonable candidate, I believed that was the best choice for the country, and the result is playing out now in policies hurting working people (higher food and gas prices among other things).

Have you got anyone on 'ignore'?

Nope, never have, on any board. I have to know what people are posting on here. I don't think I would, even if I wasn't a mod. I'd rather face what someone is saying to me and deal with it. The only time I would want to put someone on ignore is if they were harassing me, in which case I would expect the staff to stop that (if they know about it).

Priceless
Priceless
Thank you for answering all my questions!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Oooh I'll take up the girl theme for questions!

Favourite girl group? - Spice Girls? I can't really think of one honestly.

Most inspirational female celebrity? - Elizabeth II. I'm not that into celebrities really anymore and I don't have a lot of heroes. And obviously I have a different perspective than someone who lives in the UK or Commonwealth countries. But I am inspired by a lot of the people who lived during World War II, what they persevered through, especially Europeans on the homefront. And I am inspired by someone who has spent so much of her life in service, putting herself second to her family and her duties. And I think she has done a lot more than she gets credit for. I'm sure there are more inspirational choices out there but *shrugs*

Favourite historical woman? - Queen Victoria. I just like her lol, read a lot about her.

Favourite quote by a female? - "If you can't have a girl scout cookie and a piece of cheese, what is life all about?" (Amanda Seyfried lol)

Name you would call a girl animal? - Buffy :D I'm not that good with names. Especially names for pets.

Are you the actress who played Buffy?

Obviously not.

Priceless

Scooby
Which did you prefer, LA or NY?

What did you study at university? What do you wish you'd studied?

If you could appoint any manager for Chelsea, past or present, who would it be?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Which did you prefer, LA or NY?

New York

What did you study at university? What do you wish you'd studied?

I studied Foreign Policy. It's not that I didn't like that - I wish maybe that I had actually tried to get a job in government with it. I tried to use it to do international business, which didn't work. But I probably should have gone to school to be a librarian in all honesty.

If you could appoint any manager for Chelsea, past or present, who would it be?

No question. Super Frankie Lampard, always. I want him to be at Chelsea always of course, but I also thought he was the person to build into a long term manager and team. I want them to stop just buying new strikers/other players and then shoe horning them in. They need to build a cohesive team that knows how to play together, rather than replacing cogs every five minutes and expecting that to win championships.

Top Bottom