• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Ask me anything!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
How many hours a day do you spend on the board?

Does your time on the board seem as fresh as when you started or is it starting to be a drag?

What monthly expenses do you consume to run the board?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
How many hours a day do you spend on the board?

I don't know, because I kind of "graze" a lot more now than sit down uninterrupted with it. It also depends on what else I'm doing. But maybe an hour or two on average? But like today I've probably been on 5 hours at least lol. If I'm working on something I can spend the whole day on.

Does your time on the board seem as fresh as when you started or is it starting to be a drag?

It's definitely different. I need to take breaks from posting which thankfully the great mod staff we have let me do. But I always check the board every day, even if I'm pulling back from posting. People are different now than when we started, so I feel like you kind of have to step away some times or you won't be able to keep doing it. I enjoy the running of the board part just as much though, the coming up with ideas and doing upgrades and such.

What monthly expenses do you consume to run the board?

I pay a year at a time to get a discount, but it works out to $18 a month for the hosting and about $4 a month for the domain name. I've never really gone in for the high priced hosting a lot of people I've known over the years have used. There were a lot of years when I couldn't really afford much and so I had to keep the cost down as much as I could.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I noticed in another thread that you said (wrote) about Sineya having the lead for the current dorm cup.
My question is: Why did you spell Black Thorn as Sineya?

(well you did say ask anything)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I pay a year at a time to get a discount, but it works out to $18 a month for the hosting and about $4 a month for the domain name. I've never really gone in for the high priced hosting a lot of people I've known over the years have used. There were a lot of years when I couldn't really afford much and so I had to keep the cost down as much as I could.
Was a member at a now defunct board, that went with the option with all the 'bells and whistles'.
Was neat to use and look at, but it cost a bunch! Kept suggesting that maybe they should downgrade to simpler one.
They were always so concerned with getting new members instead of just downgrading to something much cheaper. Now it's gone. 😏

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
What is it like to have been here since 2001?
Do you have favourite and least favourite years for the boards and why?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Was a member at a now defunct board, that went with the option with all the 'bells and whistles'.
Was neat to use and look at, but it cost a bunch! Kept suggesting that maybe they should downgrade to simpler one.
They were always so concerned with getting new members instead of just downgrading to something much cheaper. Now it's gone. 😏

Oh I did forget to put the cost of the software, so that’s maybe another $10 a month.

What is it like to have been here since 2001?

It makes me feel old lol. It makes me wish I was a sociology or psychology person because there would have been a great book in these 20 years about how people's behaviour has changed. But I guess it's interesting to see how things have changed. Like post length - in the beginning, everyone's posts were long. Now, if someone writes more than a couple of sentences it seems long lol.

Do you have favourite and least favourite years for the boards and why?

Favorite was probably a couple of years in, because Angel was still on, I had some friends working with me, there was lots of posting and everything was still pretty new. You could do a lot of activities because people really wanted to participate in them. They had fewer things competing for their time then.

Least favorite...probably when some of our mods had to step down because people were being really nasty to them (and unfairly). It just is terrible to see people treat other people badly, and makes you want to quit altogether. But I don't really dwell on the bad times, I couldn't even tell you now who the people were who were being nasty.

T
thrasherpix
attention spans have gone down for decades. From news journals still being published to even an amateur paper by and for LSD trippers, people expected a greater vocabulary and attention span than they do now. One day we'll be down to meme grunting.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

This one is lusting after me
Black Thorn
Are you naturally a tech sort of person, or is it something you learned along the way, after becoming involved with sites like this?

Whoa. I just noticed that there's no delete option for this thread. 😅

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Are you naturally a tech sort of person, or is it something you learned along the way, after becoming involved with sites like this?

Um...I was always a computer person. When I was 5 I was going with my dad to his work on Saturdays to play on their computers. And then when we had one (they didn't do much then) I did the coding examples in the manual. But I only learned board stuff and website stuff because of having the board. I kind of learned as I went, figured out what I needed to.

Whoa. I just noticed that there's no delete option for this thread. 😅

Probably a byproduct of this forum being one where only staff can start threads. Not intentional.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

This one is lusting after me
Black Thorn
Oooh! I got another one! Were you really into video games when you were a kid (or now)? What's your favourite video game of all time?

(I'm full of questions today, by the way. If it gets annoying, let me know. lol)

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
It makes me feel old lol. It makes me wish I was a sociology or psychology person because there would have been a great book in these 20 years about how people's behaviour has changed.

I'm sure if you spoke to a sociologist or psychologist they could write a pretty good book out of it 😄
I would definitely read it. And it's so cool how there are posts on here from all that time ago.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Do you have Tiktok?
Have you seen Riverdale?
What is the worst nightmare you've ever had?
Are you a fan of horror?
If so, what is the scariest horror movie you've seen?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Do you have Tiktok?

No, I don't trust having it on my computer.

Have you seen Riverdale?

Yes, I watched the first couple seasons but then gave up on it cause it got bad.

What is the worst nightmare you've ever had?

I was a child and shot in the back of the head by Nazis.

Are you a fan of horror?

I am, though I don't watch everything. I more like horror that has some kind of mystery to it, like haunted house stories or classic movie monster type. I'm not really a "Saw" type horrror watcher.

If so, what is the scariest horror movie you've seen?

I don't know because I tend to steer clear of ones that will really scare me lol. The last scene of Blair Witch freaked me out (but not the rest of it unfortunately). Um, maybe the Grudge?

Reactions: Bop

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
No, I don't trust having it on my computer.

Yes, I watched the first couple seasons but then gave up on it cause it got bad.

I was a child and shot in the back of the head by Nazis.

I am, though I don't watch everything. I more like horror that has some kind of mystery to it, like haunted house stories or classic movie monster type. I'm not really a "Saw" type horrror watcher.

I don't know because I tend to steer clear of ones that will really scare me lol. The last scene of Blair Witch freaked me out (but not the rest of it unfortunately). Um, maybe the Grudge?

Wow that's an intense nightmare why do you think you came up with that?

Yeah the Blair witch project really freaks me out because I hate the idea that you can walk or travel away from something and still come back to it somehow. So scary.

What sort of horrors do you like to avoid?

What are your biggest fears?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Not to be pedantic but do you mean Blair Witch or The Blair Witch Project?

Whichever was the first one. The guy standing in the corner.

Wow that's an intense nightmare why do you think you came up with that?

No idea, I was a child at the time and I can still see it in my mind.

What sort of horrors do you like to avoid?

Anything with giant insects or animals - not because I'm scared of them just because I'm not interested. Like I said, I don't watch the Saw type stuff, the Purge, etc. I guess stuff that is too close to being able to happen in real life? I do like the Halloween movies, and I did see Texas Chainsaw massacre, but I don't generally watch the slasher or serial killer ones. Zombies are the scariest movie monsters to me, but I also like zombie movies so *shrugs*

What are your biggest fears?

Snakes and burning to death.

S
Spanky
Project
Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
If you want to check the spelling of your phobia, never look up ophidiophobia on Google...the result page comes back with pictures of snakes at the top! 😱 Scarred me for the rest of the day 😉
Reactions: Bop

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Was there a toy you always wanted as a child but never got?

Mr. Pointy

A sharp stick - it's true
Watcher
Black Thorn
Are you fully out of the movie biz now?
Who's your favourite male former BB head mod? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
I imagine if I had been here all this time from its start (BB I mean) that I might now only seldomly read posts that were really original anymore. But I will put the question to you. How often do you encounter truly original commentary in discussion about Buffy and Angel (the shows)? Not simply a creative rearrangement of ideas, but actually genuine original interpretation. Have we exhausted our collective resources yet? I guess I need to first set to one side Tribel though lol 😆. She's always been good for a surprise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom