• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Back to School Contest

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's coming to the end of summer, but the start of the school year, so it's time for a new contest. This one can be either a drabble or a piece of art.

The theme is Principal, can either be based around Flutie, Snyder or Wood.

Drabbles are 100 words (will accept 10 either way)

Art is banners 150x500 with no animation to make it fairer on everyone.

You may do 2 entries, either one of each or 2 of one kind.

Please PM me your entries by August 18th and remember it must be new work that hasn't been posted elsewhere and please keep it secret until after the contest.

Good luck and get creative!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
You have until 6pm today (UK) to get entries to me.

Reactions: Nix

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Well that went well!

Thanks to the 3 people that took part, and as there is only 3 I'm just going to award each of them 20 points, So @Nix and @Last Watcher get 20 each for Sineya, and @TarasBoyfriend can either join a house and get 20 for that house or pick a house to give their points too. I'll let them post their work if they choose.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
ovfiBC2.jpg

This was mine. Ta for the points :)

Taake
Taake
Love it!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Dammit, I forgot there was a time limit, not just by midnight today. Well, I’ll save my freshly penned drabble for the next contest :)

Congrats guys!

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
I was sitting here calculating when 6pm British time was before I realized I was too late lol.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I didn't read where it said piece of art. Oh well. But mine wouldn't have been as good as the Nix one anyway.

TarasBoyfriend

Unwilling disciple of Eyghon
Sineya
The Mission Is What Matters

The mission is what matters. Words from someone taken always seem to reverberate above others. Sinking into the thick mud and tracking the demon was where Robin Wood felt at home. This was when he felt closest to his mother, continuing the war against the darkness; the war that she had died fighting.

Did she know he followed her very words? Would she see him the next morning when he walked into work clean and unassuming? As he stalked quietly, careful not to alert his undead plunder, he wondered if his mother saw him from some heaven where she resided.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
As school starts tomorrow and kids will be all over the buses and trains again, decided I’d share my drabble from yesterday after all :)

Back to school drabble:
”It starts again tomorrow. They’ll swarm all over... like locusts over Egypt. It’s like a test from a higher power, suffering perpetually their mewling voices and pimpled faces. A place of learning”, he scoffed. ”More like a place of rampant debauchery and delinquency.”

Rupert Giles stared down at the little man who’d spoken. ”Had a good summer then, principal Snyder?”

Snyder’s beady eyes turned to him. ”Oh right”, he scoffed again. ”You think they’re people. You’ll learn. Mark my words, you’ll learn.” And he continued down the empty corridors of Sunnydale high, muttering about vermin.

:)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
As per usual I left my entries till the last minute & had to rush them a bit......Glad you others forgot as they were all better than mine :D
Really couldn't get any inspiration for any of the Principals......
Anyhoo, as everyone else has posted their ones......here are the two I entered......

Target Figures.
Principal Wood sat at his desk staring at the latest attendance reports & sighed.
Three more Pupils mysteriously disappeared. That makes five this month.
This was crazy. Kids just vanishing into thin air & no one seemed to notice, or care.
He was beginning to think taking the job of Principal at the New Sunnydale High was a mistake.
There were other ways he could have got close to the Slayer without all this madness.
A noise outside drew his attention away from the papers.
He totally missed the laser point on the wall by his desk a moment before.

Principal objection
Snyder sat in his seat & glared down at the massed ranks of children below.
Just one more day & he would be rid of the ungrateful leeches for the summer.
A few blissful weeks without the vermin infesting the corridors of his lovely school.
Now if the Mayor would just hurry up & finish his speech.....
Hold on, the Mayor looks like he's gonna hurl. The kids make me feel like that too sometimes
but be careful, this stage is a rental!
It's getting dark. The Mayor is changing, growing....Hey that's not in the program mister!.....oh crud!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
tl;dr 😛😛😛j/k

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Don't suppose I can use the excuse the teacher ate mine?

(that and I wasn't here)

TarasBoyfriend

Unwilling disciple of Eyghon
Sineya
Well that went well!

Thanks to the 3 people that took part, and as there is only 3 I'm just going to award each of them 20 points, So @Nix and @Last Watcher get 20 each for Sineya, and @TarasBoyfriend can either join a house and get 20 for that house or pick a house to give their points too. I'll let them post their work if they choose.
I joined Sineya.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Aww, man! 😛
Top Bottom