• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

BB: Who wants to watch some Buffy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn

Hey guys, are you in the mood to watch some Buffy or Angel?

Do you want company through the chat or just someone to discuss with afterwards?

Well look no further, this is the thread to post the episodes you want to watch
– want an evening of drama and tears with Becoming, some swinging-fun dance time with Once More With Feeling or maybe some classic ballet with Waiting in the Wings... just tell your fellow BBers about it and we can jump in and join the fun!

Post the episodes you want to watch and when so we can discuss them together!

:D

(Episodic only, not for complete re-watches)​

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Him. It popped in my head the other day for no reason.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Awesome idea Taake! Now that our Dollhouse rewatch is done, I might have a bit of time to join on the Buffy fun!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Wow, that's been a long time since I saw, I could be down for that :)

Spanky
Spanky
Hit the wrong button.. didnt mean to like it.. meant to say my secondary pick would be "I Robot, You Jane" as it would be fun to laugh at old tech

Vigeous

I've been thinking about the world...
I'm doing a re-watch at the moment, but I'd be glad to chime in on the discussions around episodes that are still fresh in my mind.

The Bronze
The Bronze
+1. I'm about to start BS5 / AS2

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
So, anyone else wants to watch Him this weekend? Or I robot, you Jane for that matter :)

EVIL UU

Scooby
OK. I'm on "Becoming" on my current re-watch but "I Robot, you Jane" is an episode that I personally like very much, "Him" is fine too so yeah, count me in.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Awesome, see you all in the episode discussion threads tomorrow or Sunday then! :D It's been a while since I've watched either episodes so it'll be interesting to go from s1 to s7 just like that.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
So like.. how's this work? I taake it its not like the last time?

Taake
Taake
oh with the wit ;)

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Well, either we could set a time that would work for us all to watch together and talk about it in the chat. Or we watch it individually and post about it in the episode discussion threads we have and discuss at our own time during the weekend.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I am working all weekend.. unless we get the 7 inches early in which I am then tearing up some white stuff.. so I'm flexible.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
This sounds fun. I'll watch Him, I just saw I Robot You Jane on TV during the Halloween week and it's too painful to watch again so soon. lol. I'm off all weekend so I can watch it whenever.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I don't really watch random episodes. Prefer to see them properly in order...

But I could watch "I Robot, you Jane" just to get to hear Fritz (I think it was) saying "If you're not jacked in, you're not alive".
Brilliant stuff. :)

/SK

Taake
Taake
lmao, agree

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Ooo, this could be fun. A good friend of mine has seen most of the first few seasons and some of AtS, so we started a rewatch. He is a priest and notices things I didn't, so that's been fun! (Like in "Welcome to the Hellmouth", Buffy has a big jar of hosts in her weapons chest. I never noticed that and I don't think we ever see them again in the series.)

I will try to remember to post which eps we're going to watch!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Ooo, this could be fun. A good friend of mine has seen most of the first few seasons and some of AtS, so we started a rewatch. He is a priest and notices things I didn't, so that's been fun! (Like in "Welcome to the Hellmouth", Buffy has a big jar of hosts in her weapons chest. I never noticed that and I don't think we ever see them again in the series.)

I will try to remember to post which eps we're going to watch!
I did notice that jar from the first time around and I've always wondered when Buffy would use it? To make a protective circle? Don't know, but it's interesting it's not seen again. And yes please do let us know :)

EVIL UU

Scooby
Season 1 is full of weird little things like this. There's an image of a Hindu god and some kabbalistic symbolism in Buffy's first dream in "Welcome to the Hellmouth" for example. This footage is not used anywhere else in the show.

Taake
Taake
Interesting, not noticed. Stock photos maybe? Considering the limited budget and all

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I did notice that jar from the first time around and I've always wondered when Buffy would use it? To make a protective circle? Don't know, but it's interesting it's not seen again. And yes please do let us know :)
Yea I noticed that too when I went back to rewatch it. I'm thinking the prop department was just like "let's get everything you find in a church". I'm sure Buffy would have found a use for them, but whether or not they hurt vampires is the question. She could grind them up and bake them into some food. Reminds me of the use of garlic. I think we see them hang garlic up a couple of times but I don't think we saw it actually do anything to a vampire. It's just one of those things they bring up and forget about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom