• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Big Fan, New Here

DeadMansParty

Townie
Heyyyy all 😊

I’m new here, but a longtime fan of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly / Serenity. I used to spend a lot of time in the old AOL Buffy Chat. Watched every show (multiple time lol) and played every game. Never read the books or comics that continues the seasons but I’m sure I’ll learn more about them here. Hope you’re all well and I look forward to spending some time here 😊

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! I hardly ever miss a day here because this forum is civilized and intelligent (and I have been on forums that were not). We keep attracting new members and you don't have to defer to us "old crocs" - your opinion is just as valid as that of us lifers.

DeadMansParty

Townie
Welcome to the forum! I hardly ever miss a day here because this forum is civilized and intelligent (and I have been on forums that were not). We keep attracting new members and you don't have to defer to us "old crocs" - your opinion is just as valid as that of us lifers.

Thanks so much 😊 oh aye, been on a fair few forums myself in my time. Used to moderate forums for Microsoft at one point and they were dark... very dark 😅
Post automatically merged:

Hello and welcome here :) I hope you have lots of fun here!
Thanks a heap 😊

DeadMansParty

Townie
Hello! Welcome to the boards! Do you have favourite a character(s)?
Thanks 😊

Ohh of course 😊 Angelus because he’s so fun. Spike because he’s so witty. Xander for the humour. I also really liked mature Wesley. Never was a huge Willow fan (despite popular opinion I loved dark willow).

You?

DeadMansParty

Townie
Welcome. I’m good thanks. I’ve been a long-ish fan of Buffy and Angel since 2009. Tried reading the comics, but couldn’t get into them.
Glad to hear it 😊

Yeah I’m the same. I’m glad they’re there for the people that can get into them, but, I’m not really one for comics. I hope if this reboot goes ahead (it’s awfully quiet on that front eh?) that they disregard that as canon or bypass it so that it’s irrelevant - giving us show-only folks fair footing.

Kratos

Scooby
Glad to hear it 😊

Yeah I’m the same. I’m glad they’re there for the people that can get into them, but, I’m not really one for comics. I hope if this reboot goes ahead (it’s awfully quiet on that front eh?) that they disregard that as canon or bypass it so that it’s irrelevant - giving us show-only folks fair footing.
I’m not really one for comics either. I enjoyed reading uk kids comics such as The Beano and Buster when I was a pre-teen in the late 90s, though. Finished rereading Sonic the Comic UK recently and it holds up well.

DeadMansParty

Townie
I’m not really one for comics either. I enjoyed reading uk kids comics such as The Beano and Buster when I was a pre-teen in the late 90s, though. Finished rereading Sonic the Comic UK recently and it holds up well.
Ohh snap! Used to read them all the time 😅 and The Dandy, was it? Remember those corny adverts? “Everyone we know loves the Beano” 🤣🤣

Sonic... just because I love the guy, is probably the only comic material I’d consider reading.

That said, I did wiki the story for angel (post season 5) just to see the climax on that horrid show ending. Why would you leave it THAT open? 😳

whatdBuffyDo

Scooby
Sineya
Thanks 😊

Ohh of course 😊 Angelus because he’s so fun. Spike because he’s so witty. Xander for the humour. I also really liked mature Wesley. Never was a huge Willow fan (despite popular opinion I loved dark willow).

You?
Good choices! I liked the concept of Dark Willow except for the drug addiction metaphor (I think junkie jokes were not empathetic at all.) I like the themes regarding Willow’s character although the execution felt a bit rushed to fit in three episodes:
1) She was grieving for Tara
2) She had a hunger for power because her past self, which she resented and wasn’t very fond of, still haunted her
3) She became connected with all human emotions and it was too much for her so she wanted to end all pain once and for all: blowing the whole world up so that bad things which outweighed the good things cannot exist anymore.

These three concepts are all interconnected and I think they could’ve been handled better but I still like what we were presented with. 😊

Also, I like that the 3rd point was kind of a device to make Buffy’s escape from depression even more striking. She realized that the world was beautiful as it was because Willow wanted to end it. Their arcs in that season were meant to complement each other.

My favourite characters are Buffy, Willow, Faith. I also like Jenny Calendar, Oz, Drusilla and Cordelia (BtVS only, since I haven’t seen AtS) but they weren’t explored as three dimensional as the former three I listed. I would love to see more of them.

Last edited:

Stake fodder

What about my me?
Welcome! I look forward to seeing your posts.

That said, I did wiki the story for angel (post season 5) just to see the climax on that horrid show ending. Why would you leave it THAT open?
I just finished my first "Angel" watch (second time through S5), and saw that the ending was very controversial here! The first time I felt annoyed with it, but re-watching, and reading other people's opinions, I came to like it, that we can think of the gang going on with the never-ending fight.

DeadMansParty

Townie
Good choices! I liked the concept of Dark Willow except for the drug addiction metaphor (I think junkie jokes were not empathetic at all.) I like the themes regarding Willow’s character although the execution felt a bit rushed to fit in three episodes:
1) She was grieving for Tara
2) She had a hunger for power because her past self, which she resented and wasn’t very fond of, still haunted her
3) She became connected with all human emotions and it was too much for her so she wanted to end all pain once and for all: blowing the whole world up so that bad things which outweighed the good things cannot exist anymore.

These three concepts are all interconnected and I think they could’ve been handled better but I still like what we were presented with. 😊

Also, I like that the 3rd point was kind of a device to make Buffy’s escape from depression even more striking. She realized that the world was beautiful as it was because Willow wanted to end it. Their arcs in that season were meant to complement each other.

My favourite characters are Buffy, Willow, Faith. I also like Jenny Calendar, Oz, Drusilla and Cordelia (BtVS only, since I haven’t seen AtS) but they weren’t explored as three dimensional as the former three I listed. I would love to see more of them.

Heyyyy😊

Totally agree on the stance you take regards it being a bit rushed for three eps. Would have been great for dark willow to show at a mid-season finale, for the latter 11 eps to play with.

That said, I’ve always loved darker characters - so perhaps that’s why I was drawn to her 😅 I should also mention I loved glory too. I thought she carried a lot of season five. She was so much fun.

May I ask... what’s AtS? In fact what’s Bangel? Seeing some terms here I’ve not seen before 😅

Hola! Neat name BTW! :)
Howdy 😊 Thanks so much 😊 one of my fave eps!

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your posts.

I just finished my first "Angel" watch (second time through S5), and saw that the ending was very controversial here! The first time I felt annoyed with it, but re-watching, and reading other people's opinions, I came to like it, that we can think of the gang going on with the never-ending fight.
Ohh see, I’ve watched it a few times and I just can’t appreciate it. Between what Lorne did, to what happened to Wesley, and everything between, I just couldn’t will myself to like it. 😐

I’m kinda curious as to whether the reboot (or continuation series) will acknowledge it. For a long time, the demon world was kinda kept secret. Most every day folks go about their lives oblivious to it. So, how do they keep that up in the next show, knowing that most of L.A would have seen a dragon flying about 😅😅

Speaking of, any updates on that show? It got announced, and then all went quiet..

buffynmarvel

Townie
Heyyyy all 😊

I’m new here, but a longtime fan of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly / Serenity. I used to spend a lot of time in the old AOL Buffy Chat. Watched every show (multiple time lol) and played every game. Never read the books or comics that continues the seasons but I’m sure I’ll learn more about them here. Hope you’re all well and I look forward to spending some time here 😊
Welcome to the boards!! It's great here. I'm not as active as I'd planned to be because of life and projects lol, but I jump on when I can and see what's new, maybe reply when I'm able to or have something to say :)

May I ask... what’s AtS? In fact what’s Bangel? Seeing some terms here I’ve not seen before 😅

AtS means Angel the Series. The spinoff to Buffy. Personally, I don't think it's as good story-arc wise in the final two seasons. But the group was considered more family-like in the first two seasons which I really enjoyed.

Bangel is the 'ship' name for Buffy and Angel :)

I'd say more here, but it's late right now and this was meant to be a quick check-in before bed haha. Again, welcome to the boards!! :)♥️

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I can help with a few things:

AtS is Angel the Series, in other words, the television show to distinguish it from Angel the character.

Bangel is one of a group of elided names combining parts of one name and parts of another and used to designate a romance. Bangel is Buffy and Angel, Spuffy is Spike and Buffy, Xanya is Xander and Anya, Woz is Willow and Oz, Tillow is Tara and Willow and so on. You will also hear the terms "ship" and "Shipper" being used. This is a supporter of a relationship, for example, a Bangel shipper is someone who wants Buffy and Angel to stay together.

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
Heyy welcome! You're gonna love it here everyone is so nice and it's always something to do! So, welcome to the Buffy Boards family

Top Bottom