• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy-boards Newsletter - Issue 32 - March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
MarchHeaderbanner.jpg

Welcome dear BBers, here is the latest hot issue of the BB Newsletter and all the goings on, so what's new around here? Keep on reading...

Are you new to BB and reading the newsletter for the very first time? If you are, its good to have you! This here newsletter is here to keep all of you informed about what's going on at BB with the board itself, as well as helping you get to know some of your new board mates!

If you enjoyed the read, which we know you will, then please pop on over to our Newsletter Feedback thread and tell us what you thought and see the Buffy Boards News Archive for all the past issues if you'd like to have a catch up!​

New Members​
On behalf of all our staff and members, we would like to extend another huge "˜Welcome!' to all those who have joined our community since our last issue. It's really great to have you and we're hope you're getting comfy settling in!

NewmembersMARCH.jpg

For those of you who may still be feeling a little overwhelmed, there a few things that can help you out. First, be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which provides you with lots of information about our rules, as well as giving you a helping hand if you run into any problems.

After browsing through that, there are a few other useful stops you may wish to check out:

*Bad Eggs: We all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

*The Sorting Tome: Pay a visit to the great and mysterious Sorting Tome and get sorted into one of our Dormitories! Once the Tome has posted of your fate, you will find yourself given access to a new part of the forum for you and your fellow dorm mates. It's a great way to meet members and get to know them in a smaller, cosier part of the board.

*Angel Investigations: If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.
Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.​

Meet the Newbie: Introducing one of our latest Potentials

PotentialMarch.jpg

This is an interview with one of our potentials, you may or may not have seen this Buffy fan posting around the boards already. If you have or haven't I'm sure you'll be glad to be further introduced to Vamp Jenny who has kindly agreed to answer a few questions for us, so we shall pass you over:

Vamp Jenny said:
1.Hey there Vamp Jenny! How did you find BB? And what were your first thoughts about it?

HisMrs gave me the link on a Vampire Diaries forum. We have a Buffy thread there and I'm always talking as soon as someone posts. So she thought it would be nice of me to get to talk more about it on an actual Buffy forum. And I kinda have to say that I've searched sometimes before on the internet for Buffy forums and non was as active as this one. At first, I thought this forum was way too big and complicated for me, so I didn't sign up. But then I re-watched Buffy S5 to S7 and I felt like talking about it and the TVD forum just wasn't enough so I signed up and I'm not regretting!

2. Where can you usually be found hanging out? (e.g which forum/s do you frequent most?)
If I am not here, I am on VDDF (Vampire Diaries Discussion Forum). There, I'm always in the Delena (Damon/Elena) section, either talking about them or Supernatural (my new obsession).

3.Do you have a favourite character from the Buffyverse?
My favorite characters are Both Buffy and Dawn. Each have their flaws, but I love them the most. Also Angel and Spike, but at some point I was a little bored with each, which I never was with the Summers sisters.

4. Have you watched both Angel and Buffy and if you have which do you prefer?
I watched both and I prefer BtVS. With Ats, my favorite season is 5, but with Buffy I love all the seasons (except S4) almost equally. I like Angel, I just didn't get into his show as much as I did with Buffy, probably because I can relate to her and the characters more.

5. Speaking of...If you could change one thing from any episode of BtVS what it would be?
Kill off Riley I really can't stand the guy... Other than that I don't know... I liked the show from A to Z, so I can't really think about anything I'd like to change..

6.So aside from television watching, what's an average day like in the life of Vamp Jenny?
These days, it's all I do because I can't find a damn job to save my life *head meets desk*... But I'm hoping to find a job soon enough and in September I'll be back in college for a semester and then off to university

That's pretty much it about me!

Thank you very much for a fabulous interview!

Board News

April Fool's;
the first of April brings out the prankster in a lot of people.... the BB is not different. There were a series of fun little things happening on the boards yesterday... some confusing spelling errors, avatars that seemed to change of their own will and moderators flipping their lid... (https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=58538)
Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did :)

BB-radio: Radio casts with BB members you know as DJ's. You don't want to miss this! So run right on over to the BB radio section where you can find the Jamtastic 4 and the B3 airing their shows! Interesting discussions, good music... don't miss it :)

Epdis.jpg

Episode discussions!
We know you have a topic you're just dying to get the people talking about. Don't miss the opportunity to lead a discussion here on the boards, go here to see what it's all about
Go here!.

*And don't forget... the BB store is still around for all that pretty swag you need year round
3454794.jpg

So there you are, lots to be getting to your teeth into around BB!​

SHINE A LIGHT:

Caption This!
Captionthis-1.jpg

Come up with a caption to this screencap; pm it to me Taake or Flannen before the end of the month, the staff will vote on the admissions and the one with the most votes will be featured in the next newsletter :)

Newseasons.jpg

New seasons incoming... or not?

*Looks like things are good for our favorite Angel.... DB will be returning to tv this fall for the eight season of hi hit/series Bones, read more here http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/fox-renews-bones-for-eigth-season/

*Will Buffy be as lucky? Will Ringer be getting a second season? Has it stood out from the pack in a good way at the CW network or has it been bad? We all hope for another year of SMG on our tv-screens!

*To Aly fans there's no need to worry...How I met your mother is returning... at the last renewal CBS bought not only one but two seasons of the show so we have got some more time to enjoy the antics of Willow's new New York 'scooby gang' :)

Random tv-sightings of Whedon alumns;

Amy Acker "“ recently on Grimm and Once upon a time (also to be seen in Cabin in the woods)
Nicholas Brendon "“ keeps on reappearing as a guest star on crime drama Criminal Minds
J August Richards "“ will be seen soon on The mentalist
Adam Baldwin will not only guest star but also reunite with Firefly co-star Nathan Fillion on the latter's show - Castle
Charisma Carpenter "“ was seen on ten full episodes of the fresh tv-series The Lying Game! If you missed it you should catch it....
Eliza Dushku - could be seen on White Collar but has since then been lending her voice to a various of projects such as Noah's Ark: The New Beginning , The League , Batman: Year One , DC Showcase: Catwoman , Torchwood: Web of Lies

Joss News:
coming soon.... April 13th...
Cabin in the woods
new poster and competition!
http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/the-cabin-in-the-woods-new-poster-and-competition/

Tv's top WARRIOR WOMEN
... not only one but two Whedon-heroines were place on Soundonsights (http://www.soundonsight.org/not-your-average-heroines-tv’s-top-9-warrior-women/) list:

At number 7 we have our title-heroine: miss Buffy Summers...
So what did they have to say about our vampire slayer
WWBuffy.jpg

Buffy the Vampire Slayer had more than its fair share of warrior women. We met at least six Slayers over the course of the series, each of whom was incredibly fierce, not to mention a certain Dark Phoenix/White Goddess who's worth a mention. Buffy may start out a bit quippier than, say, Kendra, but by season 7 she's a hardened warrior leading troops into battle, armed only with her wits, strength, and badass scythe.

At number 5 we find Firefly-badass Zoe Washburne, what was the motivation for her placing? Read on:
WWZoe.jpg

Firefly's clan of brigands have more than their fair share of fighters, but the most deadly, the toughest, and the most unflinching of the lot is Zoà«. A hardened veteran, she is a survivor, able to push on when those around her crumble; she doesn't question her mission or pause to consider moral implications, once she's committed to a course of action. Zoe acts decisively whenever those she loves are in danger and, perhaps more than anything, she persists, moving forward with unflinching nerve in the face of unwinnable odds.

JOSSVERSE QUOTE
"On a [bigger] network, you don't have an opportunity with a same-sex relationship to show the kind of graphic coupling that you do with, say, Buffy and Riley. So you have to use your imagination, and to me it's the best thing that could have happened to us. It forces you to come up with something that is a little more primal and I think much sexier than if we were allowed to do anything we wanted."
- Joss Whedon, Tv Guide Online

BLAST FROM THE PAST;

we're bringing back an old newsletter feature, the "Question of the month", if you want to be featured in the next newsletter send me Taake a pm where you answer this months question and you might be included in the next letter!

Lasts month's question was.....
If you got the chance to work on any past Whedon-project (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse) what character would you have wanted to play?

This is what Jules said:
Jules said:
Hi :)

Here's my answer to question of the month. I hope its what your looking for and I've not just waffled on :p

If I could play a character it would have had to have been Faith. She's my favorite character and not just because she a strong female super hero but she's more life like. I think a lot of people would hope to be like Buffy. She get's handed incredible powers, told what her destiny is and follows it with only a few hick ups. She's the ultimate heroine. Faith on the other hand gets tempted by those powers and I think that's very close to human nature. I can think of numerous occasions were I've wished to have super powers, not to help people but to be able to get what I wanted (geeky, I know :)). Also her character has the best role development in my opinion; she starts off vulnerable but somewhat good, then she goes evil, then she works towards her redemption and saves both Angel and helps with Buffy's war. She's great :)

Jules

This months question:​

Who did you think was the best actor on Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
If you have an answer send it to me before the end of the month, :)
Taake​

Quote of the Month
There must be hundreds upon thousands of posts made every month (maybe even every day) here on BB discussing anything you could care to imagine, and more! Each month, some posts jump out amongst the others, for being particularly well written or thought provoking, and here are our picks from the last couple of months:

Patriot123 in Wesley s. Giles
https://www.buffy-boards.com/showpost.php?p=1037611&postcount=42

That raises a really good question - what is it, that makes for a favorite character for any of us? For me, it's definitely not how "interesting" the character is. If it were, I suppose
Spike or perhaps even Faith would be my favorite character.

But what is it? Do I look for qualities in a fictional character that I look for in real life? Only to some extent. I like kindness and a sense of humor in both; but in real life I do not require my friends to be courageous and heroic. :)

It just boils down to that same old, beautiful fact: it's variety that makes the world go around. We all approach things a little differently.

Member Recognition
As always, as we draw to a close it's time to reveal those of you that the staff have chosen to recognise this month.

For our new readers, this is the part of the newsletter, where we take the time to acknowledge those members of BB who have shown respect to their fellow members, helped to keep a friendly environment and generally consistently had an awesome attitude around the board. So, congratulations to:

New Member of the Month

[MENTION=11846]Vamp Jenny[/MENTION]
NewbieMach2.jpg

Member of the Month

[MENTION=8401]david4wt[/MENTION]
MotmMarch2.jpg

Congratulations and thank you to you all for being such great members of the community! Keep up your fantastic attitudes!

We've hope you've enjoyed reading and don't forget to check out how you can help out on the Boards in the coming months!
Until the next issue, be safe, take care of yourselves and happy posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom