• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy-boards Newsletter - Issue 36 - July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Julyheader.jpg

Welcome dear BBers, here is the latest hot issue of the BB Newsletter and all the goings on, so what's new around here? Keep on reading...

Are you new to BB and reading the newsletter for the very first time? If you are, its good to have you! This here newsletter is here to keep all of you informed about what’s going on at BB with the board itself, as well as helping you get to know some of your new board mates!

If you enjoyed the read, which we know you will, then please pop on over to our Newsletter Feedback thread and tell us what you thought and see the Buffy Boards News Archive for all the past issues if you’d like to have a catch up!​

New Members​
On behalf of all our staff and members, we would like to extend another huge ‘Welcome!’ to all those who have joined our community since our last issue. It’s really great to have you and we’re hope you’re getting comfy settling in!

newmemberjuly2.jpg

For those of you who may still be feeling a little overwhelmed, there a few things that can help you out. First, be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which provides you with lots of information about our rules, as well as giving you a helping hand if you run into any problems.

After browsing through that, there are a few other useful stops you may wish to check out:

*Bad Eggs: We all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

*The Sorting Tome: Pay a visit to the great and mysterious Sorting Tome and get sorted into one of our Dormitories! Once the Tome has posted of your fate, you will find yourself given access to a new part of the forum for you and your fellow dorm mates. It’s a great way to meet members and get to know them in a smaller, cosier part of the board.

*Angel Investigations: If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.
Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

[/CENTER]
Meet the Newbie: Introducing one of our latest Potentials

JulyPotential.jpg

This is the portion of the newsletter where we introduce you to one of our potentials. This month we're sure you'l be delighted to be further introduced to mamarsh18:

mamarsh18 said:
Questions:

1.Hey there mamarsh18! How did you find BB? And what were your first thoughts about it?

I found BB by accident actually. I was googling something Buffy related, and wound up clicking this link by mistake. I don't usually do boards and haven't since I was about 13. My first thought about it was do I really want to get into a board again? I'm glad I did though. People on here seem nice, and easy to get along with. Lets just say the last board I was apart of it wasn't like that. So I'm glad to be here.

2. Where can you usually be found hanging out? (e.g which forum/s do you frequent most?)

I usually check out the S1-3 Buffy forums. I also tend to like The Bronze, The Game of Life, and Joyce's Gallery. The artwork people do in Joyce's Gallery is fantastic.

3. Do you have a favourite character from the Buffyverse?

Yes, well I have two. In Buffy my favorite character is Rupert Giles, and in Angel my favorite character is Wesley Wyndam-Pryce.

4. Have you watched both Angel and Buffy and if you have which do you prefer?

I have watched both. I do prefer Buffy because it is what I started out with, and I've found that I can re-watch many episodes. I haven't tried to re-watch Angel yet, but I will soon. :]

5. Speaking of...If you could change one thing from any episode of BtVS what it would be?

I think I'd have to say picking up after the season 5 finale. I think that would have served as a wonderful series finale. I realize that if BtVS ended there that it would've been a morose way to end it, but I think it would have been fitting. Now that I say that, if it had ended that way I wouldn't be able to re-watch episodes. So it would be a double edged sword for me.

6. So aside from television watching, what's an average day like in the life of mamarsh18?

Well that depends on the day actually. Usually an average day is getting up to go to work, followed by errands and then seeing my boyfriend. Though it does change. I do play soccer on the weekends, and I enjoy going out with my friends. Basically though it is school, work, boyfriend, soccer, and getting together with the family every once in a while. :]

Thank you very much for a fabulous interview! :D

Board News

spirit.jpg

Who's got spirit?
https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=59593
It's another Buffy-boards contest! We know you want in on it... if you didn't click the link above then read below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BrittD379/bb/spiritcontest.png​
This month, it's back to school for Buffy Boards! Inspired by our own Buffy Boards School of Slayers and Demon Hunters, we are excited to bring you a new contest to see who's got the most school spirit!

We want to see you show your Buffy Boards pride in the most awesome and creative way possible! Sing a song, draw a picture, write a poem, bake a cake, build something... Basically the possibilities are limitless! Just remember to keep the board rules in mind when coming up with your "cheer".

You will be judged on creativity and representation. Think outside the box and do something amazing that represents Buffy Boards like none other!! The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will each get a super cool prize from our very own Buffy Boards Store!

For this contest, we will allow members to post pictures of themselves as part of their submission. However, please keep your privacy and safety in mind- this is the internet, and your submission will be available to all members and guests of this board. Please do not post anything that reveals your home address, last name, or any other personally identifiable data.

Submit your entry in a PM to HisMrs, please. Entries are due no later than Friday, August 31st, 2012.

That's right... The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will each get a super cool prize from our very own Buffy Boards Store!

So don't forget;
Submit your entry in a PM to HisMrs, please. Entries are due no later than Friday, August 31st, 2012.

Good luck to all of you!

Buffy-boards Q & A with the staff!

That's right.... any burning question you've ever had for one of the staff memebers you can now ask and have answered... first out was HisMrs, an amazing woman if ever there was one, and next in line is Enemies... due to internet problems her date of the interview chat has been postponed but stay tuned... you questions will be asked shortly!

See more: https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=59587

A quick guide to Getting on the Chat
ChattyBB.jpg

Here are the ways...

1. https://www.buffy-boards.com/index.php?page=chat

Type in your username and hit Connect. This page is just up as a convenience, so if it doesn't work for you (probably because too many people are using it)) it does NOT mean the chat isn't working and try another option. Please only use this if you do not/can not use a chat program, so it leaves it open for others.

2. http://centralchat.net/chat

Type your username in the nickname box and change #chat to #buffy. Click on Connect.

3. http://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/

Click on the link that says "Server". Type in irc.centralchat.net

Next to nick type in your username and #buffy next to server. Click Connect.

4. Use a client - see the FAQ for directions on the most often used programs with the following information:

Server: irc.centralchat.net
Channel: #buffy

Also see here: https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=58787

Epdiscuss.jpg

Episode discussions!

Two upcoming topics are being led by members PassionBecoming and Jodast, exciting huh? You don't want to miss it and while we're at it we might wanna mention that sign ups for other discussions are up through September... now we know you have a topic you're just dying to get the people talking about. Don't miss the opportunity to lead a discussion here on the boards, go here to see what it's all about
Not only was Anya, ex-ex-vengence demon, totally out of line, she was totally wrong.

Here is what she said:
Quote:
ANYA
But we don't know. We don't know if you're actually better. I mean, you came into the world with certain advantages, sure. I mean, that's the legacy.

BUFFY
I—

ANYA
But you didn't earn it. You didn't work for it. You've never had anybody come up to you and say you deserve these things more than anyone else. They were just handed to you. So that doesn't make you better than us. It makes you luckier than us

Not only is Anya utterly wrong in her estimation of Buffy and her place as leader, but she seems to have stunningly warped understanding of what being a slayer actually means. "Lucky" isn't exactly the first word that comes to mind when you think slayer, is it? Words like "sacrifice" "death" "pain" and "alone" are much higher up the list. Sure, superpowers are fun, but you know what sucks? Burying the bodies of young girls in your charge that you couldn't protect or prepare adequately for war. There is no room for "luck" in slaying, you'd think that after millenium on the planet Anya would be wise to that.

Buffy, more than any slayer we have seen, has earned the right to be The slayer and The Leader. She's earned it with sweat, blood and tears. She's literally been to Heaven and Hell, she sacrificed herself and her own happiness time and again. She has defeated every foe put in front of her. She revolutionized what it even meant to be a slayer. Did she fail? Yes, quite often. But she always, always gets back up. Most importantly, for 7 years she kept them alive. Lets not mess around here, what the Scoobies do is probably the most dangerous thing in the world. We saw with The Wish that if Buffy hadn't been around they would be dead. They have all suffered loss, and pain but it had mostly been Buffy and Giles, to two who had actual callings. Xander losing an eye was a tragedy, but if it wasn't for Buffy he would have been dead.

I understand that this scene comes after two years of pent up resentment and bitterness, but the first time one of the Scoobies suffers a truly meaningful loss and experienced the true cost of slaying, and they turn on the person who has been keeping them alive? Pfft! to that. Just PFFT![/QUOTE]

Member news:
[MENTION=6115]randiann[/MENTION] is starting her first real semester of law school in August! After summer classes she is now going for a duel degree program, getting a Master's and JD at the same time!

Good luck Randi from all of us at BB!

(if you have any news you want mentioned in the newsletter please send Taake or Flannen a pm. Thank you!)

Member Recognition
As always, as we draw to a close it's time to reveal those of you that the staff have chosen to recognise this month.

For our new readers, this is the part of the newsletter, where we take the time to acknowledge those members of BB who have shown respect to their fellow members, helped to keep a friendly environment and generally consistently had an awesome attitude around the board. So, congratulations to:

New Member of the Month

[MENTION=12043]mamarsh18[/MENTION]

Member of the Month

[MENTION=10354]VisionGirl[/MENTION]

Congratulations and thank you to you all for being such great members of the community! Keep up your fantastic attitudes! We've hope you've enjoyed reading and don't forget to check out how you can help out on the Boards in the coming months!

Until the next issue, be safe, take care of yourselves and happy posting!

[url=https://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?t=56072&page=1]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom