• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 48 - March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn

March: 2015

Welcome to the new issue of the Buffy-Boards Newsletter, to start here are some handy tips for those of you how are new to the boards... Potentials look here!

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. https://www.buffy-boards.com/help/

Much Ado About Buffy Boards

New and old Members; remember that while you can pick any avatar you like, it subject matter of it must be Whedonverse related! Thank you!

Question; is there any interest out there for a Firefly re-watch along with the boards? Please let us know in the feedback thread if there is!

Feel free to continue to our news forum here to see if you've missed anything!

Keeping up with the WHEDONVERSE; What’s going on with the cast?

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer #2
  • Water under the bridge
Twitterbuds Sarah Michelle Gellar and Emma Caulfield chatted it up with some fans and Emma said that yes, she’d love to work with Sarah again! Maybe they can both be on Star Wars Rebels, a show for which SMG has signed on for season 2!

• SMG is also on Facebook for those of you who want to follow her there as well. She has become quite the social media gal!
  • March 11th is the date when her “Princess Rap Battle” with Whitney Avalon is released. So if you want to see SMG rap this is your chance!

• SMG has also appeared on Enews talking about [HASHTAG]#NoKidHungry[/HASHTAG], a cause she is very passionate about!
  • You haven’t missed that not only has Eliza Dushku gone blonde but she has an adorable new pup too! Meet Tanner Blue Dushku, whom she now kind of matches… ;)

• This is from Christmas 2014 of Eliza and “her Buffy boys” but it just had to be shared!

• Anya and Andrew equals love! So much so that Emma (in her own words) says she could’ve given birth to him… hmmm…

• Felicia Day is rounding up Whedoncast for her “Geek and Sundry” – recent guests were Eliza Dushku and Seth Green and according to his twitterfeed Enver Gjokaj is next!

Member Recognition:

Member of the Month March 2015 is;

@Irsrusty

Quote of the Month

There are so many amazing posts here at the boards it is hard to keep up sometimes. Each month, some posts jump out amongst the others, for being particularly well written or thought provoking, and here is our pick from the last month:

@UndeadAmerican in “I don’t hate Dawn and here’s why”

https://buffy-boards.com/threads/i-dont-hate-dawn-and-heres-why.62028/page-2#post-1134110

While I never hated Dawn at all, it wasn't until now that I actually find myself liking her. Currently doing a series rewatch with my mother and we just finished season five and I found myself defending Dawn to her quite a bit. I don't hate Dawn at all, I think she was a good edition to the cast.

Dawn's life is just kinda sucks. First you find out that you aren't real, all of your memories are fake. Then a little while later, your mom dies, then your sister dies. Kind of a crappy year, huh? So she's moody and a bit bratty, hey you know, I think it's understandable she flipped her lid a few times. I was moody for lesser reasons when I was younger.

That being said, I think the thing is there are a lot of times in s5 where Dawn is written as if she is younger than she is, but it's little things. Like the stuff she would say to Riley/Buffy's friends, the questions she would ask, etc. It really didn't seem like a 14 year old, and I'm pretty sure they intended for Dawn to be younger than that but chose MT, which I'm glad they did. I'm willing to look past these little things because to me, MT is great for the role and seems to mesh with the rest of the cast flawlessly, almost like she had really been there the entire time. Chemistry with SMG was fantastic and well as with everyone else; I really felt like she had a long relationship with everyone. MT just nailed it all of the time.

I love how the gang really treated her as if they were her little sister too. Made it even more of a family unit
C:\Users\HP-ELI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

Also, I loved her relationship with Willow and Tara too and wish we could have seen more of it. Add that to the list of problems for Dawn (the 2 people that were there for her after her mom and sister died...well Willow kinda goes nuts and Tara dies. Poor Dawn.)

Post s5, the other issues. Her not having many friends, she does, she references them. If my older sister and her friends were saving the world every other week when my friends were talking about highschool stuff, I'd probably hang around big sis too. In s7 she seems to have grown up alot and becomes a rather cool character and one of the few things I really enjoy about s7, if my memory serves (guess we'll find out when I hit it in the rewatch).

"Get out get out get out" aside, Dawn's not so bad to me.

I don't know why, but the scene where Dawn threatens Spike about hurting Buffy just popped up in my head, I had forgotten about that, and holy crap THAT is a great scene if my memory serves.

FEATURED FANART:

You haven't missed that our member Aqua makes Buffy-inspired music, have you?

Find more in Joyce’s Gallery; https://buffy-boards.com/threads/3x1-anne.63918/ !

Blast from the Past:

Could this picture be more 90s? :D

Whedonverse Trivia
Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof are the godparents of Joss Whedon's son Arden

That was it for this time but we'll be back soon and until then – Keep Calm and Buffy Board!

Last edited:
S
Spanky
I hate that "Blast from the Past" is the 90's... geez.
Blaze
Blaze
Thank you for an amazing edition once again!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom