• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 49 - April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn

April: 2015

(being posted a little early ;))

Welcome to the new issue of the Buffy-Boards Newsletter, to start here are some handy tips for those of you how are new to the boards... Potentials look here!

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Get yourself adopted by an existing member and they will show you the ropes, answer any questions and generally take care of you as you settle in. Pop into the forum Bad Eggs and start a thread asking for someone to adopt you and someone will snap you up!

New and old Members; remember that while you can pick any avatar you like, it subject matter of it must be Whedonverse related! Thank you!

Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. https://www.buffy-boards.com/help/

Much Ado About Buffy Boards

BANNERS and AVATARS

A reminder of what sizes your signatures are allowed to be;

*Signatures should be no more than 200 pixels high x 700 pixels wide total, with no single banner being larger than 150 pixels high x 500 pixels wide, whether image sliced or not, and should include no more than 8 lines of text.

One small (150 high x 200 wide pixels max) animated banner is allowed per person. If your banner causes other members’ scrollbars to ‘jump’ or in any other way messes up board functions, you will be asked to remove it.

I.e. anything animated needs to be no more than 200px wide, please keep this in mind when you pick your signature.

*Avatars: All member avatars MUST RELATE TO THE BOARD THEME (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, or other Whedon-related media). (Off topic custom avatars may only be used by board staff. It is a 'perk' for the work they do.)

CONTEST TIME!
Easter competiton at Buffy-Boards, go here to read more;

https://www.buffy-boards.com/threads/art-contest.64387/

Now, go channel your inner Bunny Anya!

Keeping up with the WHEDONVERSE; What’s going on with the cast?

Art imitating life? Life imitating art? Whichever way actors David Boreanaz and Eliza Dushku seem to be channeling their former characters Angel and Faith in this exchange…

Kissing Party! And everyone’s invited… well maybe not actually…. But yay, kisses!

HelloGiggles.com actually wrote a little salute to this duo after SMG posted a “date-night” pic on instagram the other day. You can read the article here;

http://hellogiggles.com/sarah-michelle-gellar-freddie-prinze-jr/

The Buffy-Boards guide to Whedonverse Guys on Twitter

Honorable mention to the “Not that social just a good drinker” guy Reed Diamond, whom I forgot about while making this probably due to his silence ;)

Let us know if you’d like to see one for the girls! Or if you feel like you want a dudes part deux (I realize that a few names besides RD did not make the cut this time )

Whedonverse Trivia

According to James Marsters, around the time there was talk of a Spike tv-movie, Joss called him up and basically said “Let’s do this. I don’t have any ideas except for an Aragorn quote. Do you?”

James idea, (transcribed from a CBR interview from March 21st 2014) went something like this;

“I wanted Spike to actually pro-actively have a plan and implement it. As a secondary character you’re mostly reacting to other people’s plans and that’s the job, that’s fine, but I was thinking of Spike waking up in the morning, saying “I want this” and go out and get it and, eh, I thought it would be cheesy if he accomplished anything too large, so I thought that he should accomplish the smallest thing that I could think off, and I had an idea that, Spike would be, having just gotten a soul and just broken up with Buffy, he would be having a hard time surviving because he can’t really mug anybody anymore to get what he needs and he will not get a job. So he’s homeless, he’s starving to death, he’s falling apart, eh, and his boot is so mangled that he’s almost losing fights because the sole is flapping around. And I thought what if there’s a story where he loses the girl, he loses the fight to the monster – he tries to play hero but he gets his butt kicked – but he does find a way to get a new pair of boots without hurting anybody, without stealing them and without and without getting a job."

Joss’ reaction; “That’s a wonderful idea. That’s cheap to film!”

James’ idea for the movie didn’t take off (due to legal reasons) but it might sound familiar because he carried the idea with him all the way to a ComicCon where George Jeanty suggested to make it a comic book! And voila… James Marsters entered the world of comic-writing.

Board Trivia:

This month’s board trivia is throwing you guys all the way back to the very first Buffy-Boards Newsletter in June 2008 and sharing that month’s Quote of the Month attributed to our still active member White Avenger. Found in a thread called “Your least favorite character” https://buffy-boards.com/threads/your-least-favourite-character.38559/page-2#post-519917

Actually, my least favorite character in the entirety of the Buffy series is Warren. He was cruel, bullying, and just a plain EVIL HUMAN BEING. The vampires, demons, cyborgs, and other assorted baddies on the show weren't really evil as much as they were just true to their nature and saw humans as prey. I never really felt any animosity toward any of them, they were just members of the opposing army. Warren was, as far as I can remember, the only really evil human ever depicted on the show.

So @white avenger – do you feel like your thoughts on this have remained the same?

Member Recognition:
This month we sat down for a cuppa and blooming onion with member @Smile Time to ask them some questions about the show;

BB:If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode – which episode would you choose?
ST
: Life Serial, partly because I want to play kitten poker

BB: If you could sit down with one character and give them advice which character would that be and what would you say?
ST
: I would tell Willow that erasing Tara's memory in order to keep her in her life isn't the best of ideas, because while avoiding problems is temping, it doesn't change relationships for the better.

BB: Who is the most underrated minor character in your opinion?
ST: Andrew.

BB:What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
ST: How relatable the storyline is at times, the subtext, the characters....basically everything about it (including the things that I don't like about it).​

And there you have it! I think we’ve all learned now to keep our kittens away from Smile Time ;) , but definitely to go to them for advice when we have relationship problems!

New Member award

Member of the Month March 2015 is; @Wesley Pryce

Congratulations!

FEATURED FANART:

Have you guys seen this;

@Silverspike 's artworks are literally eye-candy! For more treats, including an awesome Spike sculpture and some puppet love go to the thread in Joyce’s Gallery; https://buffy-boards.com/threads/silverspikes-buffyverse-artworks.61044/page-2

Blast from the Past:

Michelle and James share a laugh!

That was it for this time but we'll be back soon and until then – Keep Calm and Buffy Board!

S
Spanky
Did you make up the Twitter nicknames & descriptions, or were they pre-existing? if you made them up then I bow before you. That was gold.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom