• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy-Boards Newsletter - issue 56 - April 2016

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn

April: 2016

The April Fool’s Edition

There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

Welcome to a hot off the presses edition of the Buffy Boards Newsletter! April made a fool out of all of us – from jokes to thievery! Catch up with what you’ve missed, or re-live what you loved, in this month’s newsletter!

… and Potentials look here!

New to BB - these are the places to go! Check In; is where you introduce yourself (now don't be shy, we know you want to and we want to know!), Bad Eggs; is where you find guidance ... we all need a little help from time to time, so who best to help you than your very own personal guide to BB? Last but not least Angel Investigations - is where we help the helpless! If you still find yourself with unanswered questions after reading through the FAQ, then this is your next stop. Have a browse through the forum and see if other people have already asked your question and find your answer and if you still need to know something then start a thread in Angel Investigations and we will answer it ASAP.

Please also remember that we have a Confidential Member Concerns Area that you can post in if you would like to keep your enquiry private. Only you and the Board Staff will be able to view it.

Please be sure to read the FAQ before you post. Help | Buffy-Boards

The House Always Wins

April started with a bang! Or a spike! ‘twas the day without Spike and emotions ran high and low! Read the whole thing here: April Fools - Please Read: Spike Threads

Scooby Spotlight

We want to get to know you! Take your turn on the hot seat by signing up here, or via PM to me or Buffy Summers! Tremble before the razor sharp questions, enough shenanigans, is it… COKE or PEPSI!?

New Weekly Feature: Getting to Know You (Scooby Spotlight)

Sineya vs. Black Thorn

A theft was committed, a wondrous theft indeed… Mr. Gordo was pig-napped from the precious ivory towers of House Sineya by the brilliant and sexy Black Thorn! The Sineyans cried and cried but the situation was only solved by some hair-pulling… the scars however will remain forever!

The theft of Mr. Gordo

the crime wave continues… Sineya was recently TP’d… prepare for further attacks! Sineyan House Got TP'ed!

So Potentials… Are you the good Slayer or the bad Slayer? Do you yearn to do the right thing? Or does a cushy corner office at W&H sound like your thing?
Join a house!

Comic Re-read!

Join the BB as we take that long strange trip known as the Buffy and Angel comics - again! You can find the forum here BB Buffyverse Comic Re-read Where you will find the weekly schedules and discussions for the issues we’re reading! Don’t miss out!

Re-Watching BtVS: you know what it’s like… once you start it’s hard to stop!

Enjoy your Buffy addiction in the company of friends! Check in here and tune in on Sunday’s in the chat if you want to watch some with fellow fans! BB: Who wants to watch some Buffy?

to help set the mood...

And finally… we had another BB Art Challenge: A Slayer’s Dream, where you dear members competed for a HOT 100 House points! The staff has voted and the winner is…

*drum roll*

@Lyri
For this stunning piece of art: http://parabellum.allnightnoise.com/images/btvs/summers.jpg

Thank you to all who participated, see all the art works in this thread Challenge #1: A Slayer's Dream and Sineyans, enjoy your house points and buy Lyri a throne!

What’s going on with the cast? Taake Talks!

Tom Lenk link This Guy Found A Way To Recreate Every Met Gala Outfit For Free

Listen to Nightshade read! Chapter two is now up!
Listen to Nightshade read the books!

Member's Corner:

Quote of the month

Anyanka Bunny Killer in Pure evil?

If Stephanie Romanov wasn't such a talented actress, Lilah might not have had the depth of character she displayed. So many times I've seen her eyes reflect pain/vulnerability/saddness and it always touched me. I'm absolutely sure Lilah isn't completely evil. In fact, I believe she's one of the most human characters on Angel.

Nikon the Vampire in Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike? How about both?

I think that we all miss the basic concept of Buffy being in a relationship. I do agree on all fronts that Season 2 Buffy is different from Season 6 and 7. Not taking into consideration what happens in the comics. During the entire 7 seasons we come to realize that Buffy is not meant to have anyone in her life during that period of time.

She does fall in love with both Angel and Spike. Both were the correct match for her in that specific time. But at the end of the day Buffy was simply not ready to be in a relationship. Not a serious one anyway.

Her season 7 cookie metaphor puts everything in perspective. It is just not the right time.

Still I support Buffy/Angel vs Buffy/Spike all the way. Most Spuffy fans support an unilateral relationship. They find Spike's un-corresponded love just fantastic. Someone going above and beyond for the person they love. I personally find that offensive and demeaning on a fine complex character as Spike. No one deserves to beg for love. No one should be put in that position. In season 5 Buffy is very clear with Spike and he continues to love and love and love without receiving anything. In season 6 Buffy takes advantage of Spike's passion during the course of the season until she realizes that it's wrong.

Putting the Spuffy relationship into a real life context is the friendzone syndrome. A guy is after a girl for so long that in the end the girl just shrugs and says... "Why not give the guy a shot?" Spike is better than that. Buffy is better than that as well.

I believe that when everything is aligned, both elements in a relationship love equally. Spuffy doesn't offer that once in 3 seasons. In three season we only see Spike being friend zoned time and time again. At the end Buffy says She loves Spike but even Spike says it's BS.

Bangel as short lived as the relationship was, did offer mutual love. Both elements of the relationship loved to the same extent. Seeing the relationship completely fulfilled in I will Remember You is proof of this. Taking the curse out of the equation Buffy and Angel are true soul mates. Soulmates unfortunately destined to be forever apart.

Spike, Buffy and Angel are all strong characters. And I believe that because of their own character gravitas, they simply clash with each other.

Featured Fanart

Here’s a peak of Erickson22 fic “The Rebirth” The Rebirth ( A Peak)

The vampire looked at the boy and said "A young boy walking all alone at night, seems vary dangerous nowadays." ( I didn't chose this.)

The boy raised his eyebrow and said "Oh i forgot you guys stopped going after girls, too dangerous.. I'm guessing?" He let out a crooked smile. ( I had a semi normal life.. kinda.)

"Your witty.. I like it."

( And I am getting really tired of this conversation.)

"actually." The boy said pulling a wooden stake out his pocket.

"I'm Aster" The vampire busted out laughing "Well' Aster since we are talking so much what were you doing out here all alone."

"Honestly." Aster leaned against a headstone sighed. " I was just trying too get away clear my head. but it seems I cant do that everywhere I look it seems like its all just one big mess and you know what? I hate messes so if I were you I would turn around and get your meal eleswere because I am not in the best mood." Within a second the vampire grabbed Aster by the neck "yeah what are you going to do about it? huh?" he whispered (Okay... gonna have too do it the hard way.)

CRACK!

Aster punched the vampire right in the face and as he dropped in his side his face bruised blue "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?" he screeched.

"I'm the vampire slayer." Aster replied sullenly.

19 years after the hell-mouth closed the rules changed. Woman became feared by the vampires,

Slayers were everywhere, But it was Buffy Who changed the most following Sunnydale She was free for the first time in her life so her and her friends moved around the united states eventually settling down in Texas. for a period of peace but one day she got a call from Giles telling her about a source that said there is secret cult that was doing unnatural things and somehow the Council was helping them before they died in the explosion. So as her last duty Buffy and her friends traveled to England to explore this cave where the cult was suppose to be commencing a unnatural ritual but when they got there all that was left was one normal looking toddler. Fast forward too 2016 and Buffy has settled down living with Willow, Dawn and a teenage boy named Aster Buffy knows what is too happen and all she can hope is that "Everyone" is ready too make choices that is going too affect and change the entire game.

Back in 2010 SFX asked fans to contribute with Whedonverse Genderbend! A few BB:ers, including myself, participated and while we didn’t win, we did get honorable mentions. This was found in my art archives, gathering dust but still putting a smile on my face. My take on a genderbend Spuffy!

Blast from the past

Once upon a time Kristine Sutherland – aka Joyce Summers – had a Reddit session!
Band Candy was incredible fun. I got to wear a kick ass outfit, eat chocolate and kiss Anthony Head! What could be better??? What did surprise me in the filming of it was how many of my own feelings it brought back of when I was in high school. All the fun and the attitudes, but also all the vulnerability and insecurity around guys.- Kristine Sutherland
To read more click the link!
HI, I'm Kristine Sutherland. You may know me as "Joyce Summers" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. AMA. • /r/buffy

“Don’t tickle me, David!”

That's it for now, please leave your comments below! Thanks for reading and keep Buffy-Boarding! :D

S
Spanky
Great job. The Grr Argh was funny.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Great newsletter, as always :)

Erickson22

Potential
Sineya
Omg i cant bealive my story is in there thank you! great newsletter! Lilah is never up too any good lol

Last edited:

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Yes, throne, please!! :p

Thanks, y'all, that really means a lot!! *hugs*

Top Bottom