• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Did Spike know that Angel went to Hell?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Been a long time since I've watched Lover's Walk, but was Spike aware that Angel went to Hell, clearly he knew that Acathla had been stopped, but did he know how when he came back to Sunnydale? If so why didn't he seem surprised to see that Angel was back?

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
My understanding was that he did not know what happened, and didn’t really care anyways.

The Acathla plan was not something that Spike was really on board with, as it had caused Dru and Angelus to become closer. I believe he also has reservations about destroying the world, since he seems to just revel in having “fun” and doing whatever he wants. He may say something directly about this, but it’s been a minute since I’ve watched the entire second season so I can’t say for certain.

Nobody outside of the Scooby gang learns what really happened that night, and the Scoobies themselves don’t learn until quite a few episodes after the fact. Angel himself doesn’t really know what happened or why he was resurrected at this point in time, so it’s unlikely that he’s going to tell anyone about it either. Any routes of information that would have delivered this to Spike were out of the equation.

As for why he isn’t surprised? Angelus was ensouled before, and during Spike’s after-lifetime. He’s seen the whole shebang happen already, so it stands to reason that he wouldn’t be all that shocked that Angel was back again. Since he didn’t stick around to see the deal with Acathla, for all he knows Angel was re-ensouled and stopped the process himself.

But that’s just my take on it! :)

XokT5wi.gif

BuffyBot22

Scooby
I don't think Spike knows what went down nor do I think he cares.
And @Plasma I just rewatched s2. And Spike tells Buffy "I want to save the world." His reasoning was Manchester united and humans walking around like snacks lol.
He states that destroying the world is just vampire tough guy talk but that Angelus actually wants to suck the world into hell.

Plasma
Plasma
Thanks for the double check on that! :)

Stake fodder

What about my me?
I guess that Spike was too wrapped up in his own romantic problems to reason things through! Another example is that he thinks Willow will feel sympathy for him.

But yeah, it's a continuity error about Angel.

If Spike ever learned about that it was off screen. Presumably he might have learned it from Dawn around season five or possibly Buffy. Otherwise he probably shouldn't have but as others have pointed out probably didn't care how it happened.

Top Bottom