• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Did you like Wesley on Buffy?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Wesley- even though he's a character who is mostly there to get made the butt of the joke- does develop in Buffy S3; he gets quite a bit braver between 'Consequences' and Graduation Day', he serves to drive the plot forward at certain points (most of Consequences for example), he's actually quite sympathetic in 'Choices' (a very telling depiction of his character) and he nicely highlights how far Giles has come in those first 3 seasons.

Kratos
Kratos
Agreed. I actually noticed this on my recent rewatch of season 3.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I did like how he tried to work at his job and sometimes how funny he could be. I didn't like his decision with Faith and Angel though.

Angelkiss

💫 Rupert Giles' Sentinel 💫
Wesley was okay, I did like his interaction with Giles and when he helped with training Faith.

Black Thorn
I didn't like him on Buffy at first, his personality didn't appeal to me.

Plasma
Plasma
His emotional maturity of a blueberry scone wasn’t attractive?

Moptop

Potential
Yeah, I liked him.

He was a well intended guy who tried too hard and got everything wrong but his heart was in the right place.

Reactions: Bop

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I liked Wesley, I probably wouldn't think much of him if he hadn't gone over to Angel but in the end he's probably my favourite male character so when I look back I see him as interesting even on Buffy. Also he was always funny.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I didn't at first, but after seeing him on Angel, I really appreciate how his character develops (even if always keeping a few core "Wes traits" for better and worse). And I just love Wesley's appearance in Doppelgangland.

He also makes for a good foil for Giles, and an interesting obstacle who doesn't feel just inserted strictly for that purpose. On both shows. He's flawed and well meaning (from start to end despite all the growth), but he's also as harsh on himself as he is others (his own father, though he shows less of this at first, and much more toward the end).

Top Bottom