• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Emma Caulfield Pregnant

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Nice, congrats to her :D Little Anya babies!

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
I like her Tweets, she's going to be a cool mum :)

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
16 and a half! But who's counting...

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
Congrats to her!

Those pics get weird around week 37! (My dear friend is 38 weeks and her baby is the size of a basketball hoop :eek:)

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Wow! First child at 42. I guess if you're rich enough to have a nanny and lots of help that makes it easier but I wouldn't want to start that late. But better a baby at 42 than none at all I guess.

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Wow! First child at 42. I guess if you're rich enough to have a nanny and lots of help that makes it easier but I wouldn't want to start that late. But better a baby at 42 than none at all I guess.

Some people don't have a choice when they have a child. It's not an order you put in for delivery age 30. Maybe Emma and her partner have been trying for a long time? I agree, 42 probably isn't optimal, but as long as both she and the baby are healthy, then who are we to judge?

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Aww, I'm happy for her.

I don't think age should be an issue when it comes to having a baby. Like it's already been said, we don't know what struggles, if any, Emma has had. It might have been a personal choice but as long as they're both healthy it shouldn't matter. I've just had my first child at 32 and it annoyed me that I was referred to as 'an old mum'.

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
In my parents' day, you had your children in your twenties. My friend at school's mum was 32 when my friend was born back in 1980 and my mum always used to say she was "an old mum". It's a pretty ridiculous statement by today's standards really when the average age of a first time mum (in the UK anyway) is 30.

As long as you're healthy and the baby is healthy, have them whenever you choose, but like I said, it's often not a choice.

I'm 34 and my husband is 36. We're hopefully going to start trying later this year, so best case scenario I'll be 35 having my first child. Not ideal, but that's life. ;)

Blaze
Blaze
Honestly 35 sounds like the best age to have a baby! I don't get people my age trying to have kids, like are you guys nuts! Live a little first!

nmcil12

Potential
I just hope everything works out for her - it can be very difficult for many women to have children at this age - so I wish her all the best of luck.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
That's great news for her :D

My mum was 44 when she had me, my dad was 49. Was pretty great growing up because my folks ran their own home business part time and could spend heaps of time with me. They put off having a second child (My brother is 25 years older than me) because of finances- they wanted to make sure they could raise me with no dramas, so that was pretty awesome. Only thing that sucked about having older parents was them being mistaken for my grandparents.

Blaze
Blaze
Seriously, the only downside to having older parents is that you'll get to spend less of your life with them. I wish my parents had me at 20 just so I could get an extra 20 years with them

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Clare Kramer and Charisma have been posting on Instagram about Emma's baby shower, good to see the cast supporting her

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Clare Kramer and Charisma have been posting on Instagram about Emma's baby shower, good to see the cast supporting her

I love when cast members of a TV show from years ago are still friends....

Top Bottom