• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Fan Club Forums/Fan Only Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Mr. Pole:

When you say, "I don`t like season 6 " I am perfectly fine with that and you are very welcome to discuss with me why you dislike it or why I like it. And we can have this discussion everywhere on this forum. But when somebody says "season 6 stinks", that is, the point, where I not only stop to take part in a discussion, I also stop, reading, what other people say.
But if you stop reading it then problem solved. You know not to read that thread any longer. It's my experience that most Season 6 sucks threads occur in the Season 6 sub forum. And usually you can tell by the thread title if it may be an incendiary topic. Granted, we do have some click baity titles but not many of them are like "Season 6 is great" and then the thread says "I lied it sucks"

And we never had a "safe haven" for season 6 before anyway, so I don't see the issue now.

Edit: Part of being on a discussion forum is being exposed to alternative views from our own. Otherwise it's not a discussion forum but an echo chamber.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Part of being on a discussion forum is being exposed to alternative views from our own.
Sorry to jump in. I absolutely agree that this is the case; the problem is when people make these alternative points just to offend people. I think the quote was just an example where @flow felt this was the case, especially because of the heat season 6 receives, and she was not the only one, just one who had the courage to say something. Though it's now clear this was in no way the intent, I think she was trying to ensure that people were just more careful, which it seems that this club/ forum edit will do.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think she was trying to ensure that people were just more careful, which it seems that this club/ forum edit will do.
But we never had a fan club for Season 6 before and we aren't now. These changes will have nothing to do with Season 6 threads. So these changes aren't changes at all. We had a fan club spot to talk about the Bangel ship and talk about the Spike ship; not for specific seasons. Those should be on the main board where everyone could participate.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
But we never had a fan club for Season 6 before and we aren't now. These changes will have nothing to do with Season 6 threads. So these changes aren't changes at all. We had a fan club spot to talk about the Bangel ship and talk about the Spike ship; not for specific seasons. Those should be on the main board where everyone could participate.
Not talking about a season 6 fan club. Just talking about the closer monitoring of threads when I say "changes."

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Not talking about a season 6 fan club. Just talking about the closer monitoring of threads when I say "changes."
I think they monitor them pretty closely as it is. I would hate to have a moderators job. Although they are probably much easier now as the amount of "bad" posts pale in comparison to how they were. For the most part people are pretty civil on this forum. I think I've only been told to f'off or words similar once in the last few months.

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
Yes, these are times of civility compared to the past.
Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Yes they do I didn't say they didn't

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Since people are so unwilling to even give this a chance, I've hidden the Bangel and Spuffy forums and will decide at a later date whether it's worth bringing them back in some form or not.

S
Spanky
I'm sorry if I made your job tougher.

Mylie

Scooby
This is sad. But I get it.

I hope you will give us all another chance. And that if you do decide to not bring those subforums back that we'll still be able to read the threads, even if we cannot add new content. I'm thinking of a few threads in particular that I wanted to go back to after watching some episodes and fic recommendations threads, etc.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I hope you decide to give us another chance. I personally do understand what your saying like @Mylie said but I know the Back Steps & The Close Yout Eyes forums is a fav forum for many fans. I'm really really sad to see them go and I hope everyone begins being peaceful with each other so that we are able to get them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom