• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Fan Club Forums

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
Well, when I first joined people seemed to understand that those forums were spuffy or bangel positive forums; so if you were going to post there it was understood that you should be positive. It wasn't so much of a place to exclude others or a place that only certain people could be. Clearly we've lost that understanding which I think is a shame.

IMO I like the idea of keeping those forums but having the rule be that they are ship-positive rather that only certain *~*shippers*~* are allowed to post.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well, in my view, you either have them be just forums for all Bangel and Spuffy threads, without restricting who can post (but obviously, in threads that are meant as pro the ship, such as "post your favorite Spuffy pic" people would not be allowed to go in there and trash the ship). Or they act like true fan clubs and non-fans are not allowed to post. BUT people would also be limited in what they would be allowed to post in there - they couldn't be used to post "serious" discussion threads just so you only get replies that agree with you. Unless someone has a better idea, which we are open to hearing.

But having people getting nasty at other members and telling them they can't post in the forum (even when being respectful or not negative) cannot go on.

Don't forget there are plenty of people on this board who are neither Bangel nor Spuffy, so they are potentially excluded by saying only fans can post in there.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Well, when I first joined people seemed to understand that those forums were spuffy or bangel positive forums; so if you were going to post there it was understood that you should be positive. It wasn't so much of a place to exclude others or a place that only certain people could be. Clearly we've lost that understanding which I think is a shame.

IMO I like the idea of keeping those forums but having the rule be that they are ship-positive rather that only certain *~*shippers*~* are allowed to post.
I thought that's how it was? That you couldnt say anything negative regarding the ship...

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya

I agree that the understanding has been lost, and I do like the ship positive idea.

I thought that's how it was? That you couldnt say anything negative regarding the ship...

That is how we have been moderating it, but that's not what the forum descriptions say, and lately there's been confusion so we wanted to clarify things.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya

Yeah, I think that's how most people see it. But in the last few months there have been more reports and complaints about it and there seems to be some confusion. Like members telling other members they can't post even when they were posting something positive and on topic. Just seems like the lines have been blurred (rules and moderation) and not everyone is clear on how those forums are suppose to work.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Does anyone take issue with these being positive zones but open to all?
I think that is the way to go. In fact, that is the way I thought it was.

I see. What about something like:

For Fans of Buffy-Angel and anyone with positive contributions to the topic. Negative or 'ship-bait' comments will not be tolerated and may result in (action/banning/deletion) by the staff.
I guess if you're not allowed to bait people Mr. Pole we won't be seeing much of you. :)

S
Spanky
I don't consider Spike fans to be people... so as long as I don't bait people you are still okay to nibble on the hook.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well, it is how it's been in practice. But like I said, there's been some shouting over it lately so we are revisiting the policy.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
image.gif

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
poor poor Mr. Pole. Go bury yourself in obscure 80's videos for a few days and you'll be right as rain in no time.

@Mr. Pole that right, just keeping telling your self that.....
(and you know remembering the opening line on a Pink Floyd video is pretty obscure too?)

S
Spanky
Wayne's World is not obscure!!

Sternbeeere

Glory´s sane(?) groupie
Well I like the idea of fan-clubs , not only for ships but also for characters, that way people can connect on a more precise level with each other than on the level of houses. And I would say that joining one club would not necessarily exclude you from joining an other, since a person can be Fuffy, a fan, of say Angel and a Bangel simultaneously. As for negative / critical post there might be a thread within the club thread, which is specially for that matter or a battle-counter argument thread.
Alternatively, there might be signatures, which also would be not mutually exclusive, just to show fans, which fans are close to them in which matter and make connection easier.

Top Bottom