• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

For you was Spike part of the Scoobies one day?

- For you was Spike part of the scooby one day?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • I do not know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mittigés notices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spikeverse

Townie
- For you was Spike part of the scooby one day?

I don't think Spike ever became a Scoobie during the TV series.

The only time Spike is close to being a Scooby is in the summer between season 5 and season 6. We never get to see that part.

He might have been lucky enough to get into their circle in Season 4 (Giles kind of gave him a chance at the time), but he wasn't ready for that just yet. In season 5, he chained Buffy and built a buffybot. The Scoobies were disgusted with it and would never have accepted it into their circle. It wasn't really until the night of the battle that Buffy invited him back to her house, which might have been a chance to become a Scoobie if Buffy hadn't died that night. In season 6, Spike and the Scoobies became more distant instead of getting closer and in season 7 the Scoobies were not the center of attention which is a shame but great for the Spuffy ...

Riley was a Scooby for a short time, just like Oz, Anya, and Tara were. But I wouldn't count Angel or Jenny Calendar or Cordelia as Scoobies. And I don't really know if I would count Giles as a Scoobie. He's not their friend, he's Buffy's watcher and a mentor and father figure. But he's not emotionally close to any of them except Buffy.

So I vote no even though I love Spike ...

Faded90

Scooby
I’d say no. I don’t think he particularly wanted to be either though

I think Giles absolutely was, a core member as well. I think Angel was sometimes a scoobie and sometimes not 😂 Cordelia was a reluctant scooby at times but I don’t think could ever fully decide how ‘in’ with them she wanted to be.

I’d actually argue that Riley wasn’t one though, not at the fault of the scoobies I think they genuinely welcomed him but I think he actually ostracised himself more than anything - not the fault of the ‘core 4’. I think Riley’s part in the scoobies can be summed up by Willow’s dream ‘I was on time so I got to be cowboy guy’ ‘what’s a cowboy doing in the play anyway?’ 😂

spikeverse

Townie
I’d say no. I don’t think he particularly wanted to be either though

I think Giles absolutely was, a core member as well. I think Angel was sometimes a scoobie and sometimes not 😂 Cordelia was a reluctant scooby at times but I don’t think could ever fully decide how ‘in’ with them she wanted to be.

I’d actually argue that Riley wasn’t one though, not at the fault of the scoobies I think they genuinely welcomed him but I think he actually ostracised himself more than anything - not the fault of the ‘core 4’. I think Riley’s part in the scoobies can be summed up by Willow’s dream ‘I was on time so I got to be cowboy guy’ ‘what’s a cowboy doing in the play anyway?’ 😂
Yes I agree that Spike didn't really want to be a scooby appars maybe during the summer he looked hurt enough that he "rejected" him but it quickly passed to him 😅.

I don't consider Giles to be really a "scooby" but more like the "father" of the group and especially of Buffy I agree that he is essential but I don't see him really as a member but more like I said the father"

Angel I don't think he's a scooby he was never really accepted by Alex (hey he's not really a reference he was the same with Spike ...) and I didn't see him talking much with them he had links with Buffy but not the others and season 3 is really where he is no longer accepted understandably seeing that he killed Jenny and tortured them but a little unfair also he was not himself

Cordelia yes and no sometimes yes but she was not really close to them maybe in season 3 she was not because she was with Alex but because she was Cordy maybe I can consider her as a member

Riley I consider him a member but he was not used much but he was if I can say friend with Willow and Alex on the other hand Spike him he did not have the scooby but he had the Summers family 😅 (Dawn and Joyce) even if in season 7 it's not too much but he remains the only one of his love interests to have been friends with his family.

Stake fodder

What about my me?
I think that Spike did not want to be a Scooby in S4-5, but at the beginning of S6, we see him working with them, and I think that he does want to be seen as part of the group. When he found out that the others had planned to bring Buffy back without telling him, he complained, "I worked with you all summer!" He thinks they didn't tell him their plan because he wouldn't have gone along with it. But I think the truth is, they didn't see Spike as part of the Scoobies, and therefore entitled to be included or even just informed of what they were up to. So while Spike may have wanted at one time to be a Scooby, the others never saw him as one. Even in S7, he is generally set apart and has very little connection with Willow or Xander.

spikeverse
spikeverse
Totally agree

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
In the episode Family & the end of S5. They go for him when they need his help at least.

Top Bottom