• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Hey Guys!

Crossbow

Townie
Wow, I have to say, it’s strange introducing myself on a “forum”(active in other forums back in 1996 - 2000-ish). I didn’t know forums still existed (to this extent).
Buffy History
I watched the first season and half of the second season when it first aired. I don’t remember if I saw every episode but I did lose interest. Why?
Hard to remember exactly but after watching all seven seasons on Amazon Prime recently, it came back to me. The Buffy/Angel romance seemed similar to “Beauty and the Beast” (Linda Hamilton TV version). Both Xander and Giles were annoying🙄. Also, the weird clothing Buffy wore (high school seasons). Chunky heels, “Brady Bunch” style 🤣 etc...
It took me awhile to get into it again but being able to stream, minus commercial breaks and Mom duties, I picked up some sweet nuances
and watched every episode. Funny thing, I don’t remember Spike back then but I probably only saw the one episode, early in the second season. I do remember watching a bit of “Angel” when that show started but lost interest after the first few episodes.

Season 7 - Is it just me? But so weird seeing Amanda (the “Lick Em’ Aid” girl

from “Freaks and Geeks”) as one of the Potentials and the girl that played “Charlie“ on “Supernatural”.

Oh yeah, don’t judge but I haven’t read a comic book since, like, 1974? Even then, it was usually a bored summer day, hanging with friends in a back yard reading a stack of ”Archie”, “Betty and Veronica” “Classics Illustrated” and “Millie The Model”. If you’re in the UK (and old) I read plenty of “Diana” back in the ”70’s (Jane Brown’s School Days, anyone?).

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! I watched all episodes of both Buffy and Angel as they aired and about the 2012 era, a local station was running Buffy as a daily series so instead of waiting a week for the next episode, it was only a day. My wife got me the DVDs of both series so I can watch any of it at any time. It does work better as a binge-watch.

Buffy and Angel always seemed like the three m's of bad storytelling - maudlin, mawkish and melodramatic. If you are familiar with the state of fan forums, this one is intelligent and reasonably civilized, which is an improvement over many of them. You can get interesting perspectives you may not have thought about here. Jump right in and post, this isn't a place where you have to "pay your dues" before anyone listens to you and seniority means nothing here.

Priceless

Scooby
Hello and welcome to the boards. Do you have a favourite season, episode, character or ship? What made you give the show a second chance?

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I’m not really a comic book reader either. Tried reading the Buffyverse comics and couldn’t get into them. I loved reading uk kids comics when I was growing up in the 90s, though, and Sonic the Comic (STC) holds up well.

Moggin

Tasty Townie
Welcome! Many of us here gave the show a hard pass the first time it aired, including me. I'm late to the fandom too, but an avid fan now. Thankfully, this board is an active and enjoyable place to share the Buffy love. I hope to see you on the forums soon.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Hello there! Welcome to the Boards. You'll find folk of all ages from all corners of the globe on here plus quite a high daily post count.

I'm another who watched the whole lot as they first aired way back in the mists of time, but have come back to it again and again over the years.
For it's day the mixture of dark themes laced with witty dialog & actual British characters that were not complete idiots (all the time) made a refreshing change compared to most of the sci-fi/fantasy shows coming over from America at the time.

Growing up in the 60/70's I was heavily into the Batman & Superman comics fresh from America (Which would probably be worth a fortune nowadays if I kept them)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Good reasons for not watching Buffy, a power cut, the TV broke, the TV aerial broke. When the TV got fixed it was between seasons.
greets on joining the nicest Buffy people on the net. That includes you now, so you are one of the nicest people on the net, glad you is here huh?

Crossbow

Townie
Hello and welcome to the boards. Do you have a favourite season, episode, character or ship? What made you give the show a second chance?
I don’t really have a singular favourite of any season or episode and the “ship” thing is new to me (had to look that up!).
I do love Buffy herself, though her story is sad. I also like many of the interesting characters like Dr. Gregory, Mr. Platt (the student counsellor), the “Pippin”vampire that remembers Buffy from school, Clem (Spike’s friend), and even Willie the bartender.

I gave the show a second chance because it popped up on Amazon Prime in December. I have just started another rewatch to see what bits I may have missed the first time.

Priceless
Priceless
Pippin is Holden Webster, and yes he's a memorable vamp for sure.
Top Bottom