• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Hi guys!

New to the boards but not to the fandom.

I remember always watching Buffy when it was on TV in the afternoons when I came home from school, so it must have been the late 1990-early 2000's?

I remember when we just got our cat and was looking for a name for her and stumbled upon an episode on the TV and I was like "man, I haven't seen this show in so long, I used to love it" and I suggested Buffy as a name for the cat and thankfully the rest of the family agreed. Now my Buffy-cat is 15 years old so at least I know that was 2005. (Which means I was like 10-ish or younger when I actually watched the show on the telly? Yikes!)

Anyways, since this was before the breakthrough of "on demand" TV I didn't really see every episode back then, only when my real life allowed for TV-watching when it happened to be on air, as I was not really invested enough to tape-record it at that time.

So when online-streaming got more common (and internet got fast enough out on the Swedish countryside) I decided to binge the whole show and from that moment I've been 100% obsessed and rewatch the show now and then.

It also got me into watching other Whedonverse stuff starting with Angel (where I actually deviated from my almost OCD-like compulsion to watch everything in proper order and started with season 5, because Spike.) and on to Firefly/Serenity, Dollhouse, Cabin in the Woods and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Avengers.

So it was Joss who also got me into the MCU, since of course I had to watch the solo-movies before watching Avengers and then keep watching all the movies between the right episodes of AoS.

I've recently started reading the Buffy comics (which is how I ended up in here) and I'm currently watching Torchwood Boy reacting to Angel and also rewatching the entire MCU in pace with Elizabeth Henstridge's "Live with Lil" watchalongs for AoS.

So, that's my Buffy/Whedonverse story in a nutshell 😅

Priceless

Scooby
Hi and welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll have fun here. Oh and a very merry Christmas!

Do you have a favourite character or season or even episode? (That last one is pretty impossible I think :))

Merry Christinas to you too!

Well, my favourite character is Spike, so many of my favourite episodes are Spike-centric 😅. Fool for Love or OMWF are the ones I usually rewatch if I just want to do one episode but I also love Lies my parents told me, Who are you?, Passion, Becoming, Storyteller, Band Candy...

Other favourite characters are Wesley, Lilah, Faith, Anya, Willow, Fred, Giles, Cordelia, Andrew.

Favourite ships Spuffy, Weslah, Cangel.

I think I would rank the seasons 6, 5, 7, 2, 4, 3, 1

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Welcome to the boards! :D

Spike is one of my faves, too, and I also ship Spuffy and Weslah (plus I'm a huge MCU fan!)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! It looks like you are a fan of the entire Whedonverse and that is always good here. As fan forums go, this one is intelligent and civil and introduced me to a lot of different opinions about various characters and story arcs so join in and post, there is no seniority here - the opinions of a newcomer are as valid as those of us old crocs.

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I’m 34 and it’s interesting to hear about your cat. I’m a cat person too.

I never really got into Buffyverse until 2009 when I started watching both series on Syfy UK, though I had seen some episodes of both shows on tv3 Ireland around 2002/2003. I just was more interested in other shows at the time.

I really like Dollhouse but not as much as Buffy and Angel.

IndianaSolo221

Potential
Welcome. Like many here, I'm a huge fan of Spike and a major Spuffy shipper. I hope you enjoy the boards!

M

M

Oh, you have great taste. Look at that lineup, and a Spuffy shipper to boot! Welcome! I'll be interested to see your comments on the comics.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@ShadowPreacher,
I think it was Ethan Reigns who said that the newcomers opinions are just as valid as us old crocs, as long as you are aware that some of us old crocs might not be able to remember your new opinions. So greets to you for joining us.

Top Bottom