• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How did Angelus get in Giles home?

Tj2318h

Townie
How did Angelus get inside Giles house to stage Jenny’s body? Didn’t the gang revoke Angel’s invite to everyone’s homes (even Cordy’s car)?

famicommander

Potential
You'd have to assume he strong-armed some other demon or human into doing it on his behalf.

Antho

Scooby
Maybe he asked someone to do it for him. Angelus is smart and sadistic. My theory is that he forced a human to bring Jenny’s body in Giles’s house and then he killed that person. That’s plausible I think.

famicommander

Potential
This would've been better if Giles were supposed to meet Jenny at her own home. Since she'd already be dead, Angel could enter it without issue.

But they probably didn't want to make a new set, considering we spend a lot of time at Giles' apartment and I don't think we ever saw Jenny's home.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
There are lots of possible answers my young person but the obvious one @Tj23 18h is, you were not meant to notice that!

famicommander

Potential
I just watched "Halloween" and a vampire gets into Buffy's house without an invitation.

Willow also brushes the curtains aside and opens the door to leave Ethan's shop despite being a non-corporeal ghost.

They were really inconsistent about the invitation rules early on.

T
thrasherpix
I headcanon the vampire in Halloween as a pseudo-vampire, made by a mask. I still can't headcanon Ghost Willow using a door and do my best to ignore it. Now crosses is where they get real inconsistent.

famicommander

Potential
Giles was going to do the ritual on his house when he found Jenny. He hadn’t yet been able to do the reverse invitation spell.
I just re-watched this episode and this is the actual correct answer. Giles goes to Buffy's house to get the spell book from Willow and outright says that he intends to do the ritual on his apartment that night. So even though Angel is never shown in Giles' apartment on-screen, we can assume he'd been in there at some point.

So on this specific point, this episode makes sense.

Where it makes no sense is:
1. Buffy, Willow, and Cordelia perform a spell to revoke Angel's invitation to Cordelia's car. This is despite us being shown multiple times on both Buffy and Angel that vampires don't need an invitation to enter cars so the spell would do nothing, and also implies that they literally nailed a cross up inside Cordelia's car.

2. Jenny asks Angelus "how he got in here" when he appears at the school to kill her. This is despite vampires breaking into the school numerous times before and after this episode. We know for a fact vampires do not need an invitation to enter public spaces.

T
thrasherpix
Jenny also had a cross when Angelus revealed himself in school before (about to kill Willow), so why not now, and why the surprise? Rule of cool I suppose. I headcanon it as tremendous subconscious guilt on Jenny's part.

MargoTheFreak

Townie
I just re-watched this episode and this is the actual correct answer. Giles goes to Buffy's house to get the spell book from Willow and outright says that he intends to do the ritual on his apartment that night. So even though Angel is never shown in Giles' apartment on-screen, we can assume he'd been in there at some point.

1. Buffy, Willow, and Cordelia perform a spell to revoke Angel's invitation to Cordelia's car. This is despite us being shown multiple times on both Buffy and Angel that vampires don't need an invitation to enter cars so the spell would do nothing, and also implies that they literally nailed a cross up inside Cordelia's car.

2. Jenny asks Angelus "how he got in here" when he appears at the school to kill her. This is despite vampires breaking into the school numerous times before and after this episode. We know for a fact vampires do not need an invitation to enter public spaces.
omg this has bugged me for SO LONG. i really thought it was just a goof the writers didn't feel like was consequential enough to write an explanation for. Thank you for pointing this line out, I've never noticed it!! I think Giles may sound too British in the scene so I never heard the line well enough haha.

For the other two points, I think Cordelia was being overly dramatic and stupid to not know that it wouldn't apply to cars, which the writers meant to be funny, but it still wouldn't make sense that Buffy, Willow, and Giles would go through with the ritual rather than explaining to her it wouldn't apply (maybe they did but she pitched a fit and asked them to go through with it anyways?). Also, I think Jenny was technically asking how he got into her classroom without her noticing and he responded with the sign invitation as a joke--this is what it says as the explanation on IMDB as well.

Faded90

Scooby

I’ve always got the feeling Buffy and Willow were just humouring her and thought it would be easier to just do the spell 😂

Top Bottom