• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How Do I Edit Posts?

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
There should be an 'edit' button down next to where the like button is. But after about 10 minutes you can't edit your posts so it will disappear.

If you click on the '•••' symbol it should say edit and delete.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
There should be an 'edit' button down next to where the like button is. But after about 10 minutes you can't edit your posts so it will disappear.

If you click on the '•••' symbol it should say edit and delete.

You have an hour to edit posts.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I think we really need to treat people like adults. If someone deletes a post after others have responded, their post is usually quoted in the response and thus is preserved anyway. Maybe a 24 hour limit if there must be one.

I sometimes realize after edit time is up that there are errors - especially if I write on my phone. It is frustrating to have errors that make me look illiterate preserved forever.

I am on other fora and they have permanent editing. It is exceedingly rare for people to delete or otherwise molest old posts for nefarious reasons. It is my single biggest dislike about posting here.

Sometimes people put links to stuff that then vanishes - it would be nice to be able to delete those links or replace them as i have on other fora.

I frequently have people respond to posts i made 3 years ago. No reason I should not be able to fix a broken link (for example) from back then.

Maybe when the site started it was more kids, but now most Buffy fans are adults.

Maybe we can be trusted with the edit function?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
We’ve actually had issues in the past, so that is the reason for the rule. Just because people are adults don’t mean they act that way. Posts can always be edited by pming a moderator.

I will consider increasing to 24 hours.

Last edited:
DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
It is sad that we have people who make trouble for no reason at all. Sighs. Thanks for all your work!
Top Bottom