• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How was your day?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
*sneeze* so how has your day been? *sneeze*

Hay fever has been awful today. However it's good weather so I'm still going to sneeze my way through a walk after work.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
I haven't been here that much because I try to avoid the boards when I'm pissed off:

Long story short, 30 neighbours, roughly 10-15 kids under 8, and two dogs threw an outdoor party on Sunday....about 40 feet away from my backyard. (They really.seem to LOVE that area) Went on for 5-6 hours, VERY loud. I was furious, but didn't react...just kept listening to my music. They'd all freeze whenever I went out to the laundry room or whatever. They knew they were being super annoying, but like I said, I didn't show a flicker of emotion on my face. I'm quite proud of myself.

Of course, I AM plotting my revenge and they know it. 😈

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Where's that window-breaking neighbor when she would be useful?

Stake fodder

What about my me?
My anti-virus has not been updating, so with dread, I went to the website hoping for a fix. And they had one. And... it just fixed the problem. That never happens! It didn't mess up my computer, need to be reversed, do nothing, make the problem worse, or cause new problems.... it just fixed it. I'm gobsmacked and relieved.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
Where's that window-breaking neighbor when she would be useful?
Funny you should mention her! I just saw the daft cow as I was going out to do laundry. Since she decided to keep (new) windows open, I'll make SURE my music is the vilest death metal in my collection. In fact, I'm blasting right now.

These gatherings used to happen quite a bit before Covid...but for two years, there hasn't been huge groups hanging out for hours. But obviously, they've started THAT shit up again. That's cool. I'll just keep the music loud as hell. 😁

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer its like they always say!

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer. Keep the people you absolutely despise close enough to a blaring speaker that it blasts their eardrums to the rings of Saturn. :)

Try not to get angry too much though? We miss you on these boards, Y’know

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer its like they always say!

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer. Keep the people you absolutely despise close enough to a blaring speaker that it blasts their eardrums to the rings of Saturn. :)

Try not to get angry too much though? We miss you on these boards, Y’know

I swear to God, I am SO good at body language. The minute I get outside, I make sure to give off an intensely demonic vibe. For the moment, they're all hiding...they KNOW I'm still mad. I make it very clear. I kinda float across the parking lot, like a banshee. Problem is, when I'm that mad it takes a few days to wear off. I'm WAY better than I was the last few days. Still pissed, but not blinded by rage.

I'm definitely unbalanced sometimes. 😅

Last edited:
Plasma
Plasma
Aren’t we all 😭🙌

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
I just took some pain pills and they unleashed my vindictive side. Since that idiot across the way wants to leave her windows open again, I AM BLASTING THIS SHIT 😅😅😅 Does it HAVE to be this loud? God, no. But it's fun knowing that she's losing her mind about now. Maybe she'll break her window again!! 😁 Screw her. I feel so throughly evil, and I'm embracing it!! If she hadn't made such a big show of opening her windows, I might've left her alone. I also have a cold or something, so I'm not feeling especially neighbourly or considerate at the moment. I WANT HER TO SUFFER. 👿

This is what I'm playing. Check it out! 🤘

Last edited:

Nothing13

Potential
I have just returned from a good night.
My colleagues in corporate banking organized a dinner and night in Milan, a restaurant called Movida. It is a refrained and exclusive place, different from the typical "techno-hardcore disco" I am used to frequent.
The food was very good, and I drank some glasses of quality wine and two glasses of Prosecco (not too much); however, it was a bit expensive.
In the end, we went to a pub and walked around the Navigli of Milan until 3:30-4:00.

The funniest event of the night, for me, was the meeting with a girl that was going to be married.
As a matter of fact, at the restaurant, there was also a group of girls (barely my age) that was having a bachelorette party.
I met the bride in the bathroom with one of her friends and we talked for a while. She said to me that she was 27 and she was marring after 10 years of engagement with her boyfriend.
After I brought her a rose outside the restaurant, I went to their table, and at the right moment, I improvised a sort of "chivalrous speech" to her in front of all her friends giving her the rose and congratulating her on her wedding. Initially, she was perplexed but in the end, she and her friends applauded me😂
The chief of my corporate banking department followed me and recorded the situation with his smartphone😂

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The London Vintage Radio Club flea market was held in Guelph, about 80 km / 50 mi west of Toronto, and I was there - at 6:45 AM. I wasn't the first one there and things got off to an early start. There were a few things there that caught my eye and the one I had to have was the soldering iron with the internal solder dispenser. This is for occasions when you need one hand to hold the soldering iron, another to hold the component and the third to hold the solder. This avoids needing three hands. I did not buy a radio this time. I have enough of them. I also saw one guy selling tubes and asked about a 6BQ5, a common audio output tube. He had a box with several bags of tubes and one was a 6BQ5, so I asked him the price and he said $10 for the box. That was cheaper than one tube, so now I have a few dozen more tubes to add to the several hundred I already have. I picked up a circle cutter, a Magellan nav system ($10 for something that was once $150), a 12 inch electrodynamic speaker, a couple of line filters, a grounding strap and a footswitch.

As of 6 PM, I will go to the classic car show celebrating American cars from the era before Japan came along and ate their lunch.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
Oh my God, this cold (or flu) is terrible. Can hardly breathe, my body aches, and I've got a stuffy head. I'm blowing my nose every 30 minutes.

Other than that, it's a pretty good day. 😅

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Go sneeze on all the partyers' outdoor furniture!

famicommander

Scooby
I'm going to be either very happy-drunk or very sad-drunk in a few hours.

My Colorado Mammoth are playing in game 2 of the National Lacrosse League Finals. It's a best of 3 series, so they have to win to force a game 3. A loss ends the season and lets the Buffalo Bandits celebrate the title on our home floor, in a reverse of what happened in 2006 when the Mammoth won the title in Buffalo (that was also the last time the Mammoth won a title at all; I've been waiting 16 years for this).

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
I haven't been this sick in YEARS. This is crazy!! I'm not used to this. It's worse than yesterday. Everything hurts. I'm dizzy and getting chills...I just want to stay in bed and drink lemonade. I'm thirsty all the time, and completely exhausted. I'm not used to being sick.

J41WBEs.gif

Last edited:
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Have you finally caught COVID-19?
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you get better soon! HUGS
Plasma
Plasma
Well, I hate to tell you, but we’re gonna have to amputate. 😔✂️
Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Maybe Covid, but sounds more like flu. Hope you feel better soon!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
It was an ordinary day until I was coming down Highway 410 to the Cawthra overpass. There were two cars off into the weeds on the left and two cars on the right shoulder with a cop car behind them. The cop had tasered who was on the ground. He must have been evading cops and crashed into three other people during his escape, otherwise the cop wouldn't have been there. I learned today that Taser wires are lime green. Two more cops were on their way from the cross street.

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Better to be behind it than in the middle of it!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Today is the 100th anniversary of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, a centennial that absolutely no one cares about.

Today is also the day of earliest sunrise, occurring at 5:36 AM. The day of latest sunset will be June 26 at 9:04 PM.

The earliest sunset comes on Dec 09 at 4:41 PM and the latest sunrise is on Jan 3 at 7:51 AM.

The difference between these times is due to the elliptical orbit of the earth. The summer Solstice is on June 21 at 5:13 AM. The day is 6 hours and 30 minutes longer than at the winter solstice which will be on December 21 at 4:48 PM.

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
Thank you to everyone who said some nice stuff the other day. I had an accident in a parking lot that just really blew into something completely out of control when I got home.

It was nice to come here for a minute or two and see all of that. It was appreciated! :)

Top Bottom