• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How was your day?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
I sent a Father's Day ecard to my stepdad. I really, really don't like him but he IS taking care of my mother...and he HAS done things for me in the past, so I sent the card. He deserves that at least.

I got an aromatherapy inhaler recently and it really seems to help with this stuffed up nose. I've gone through SO many boxes of tissue, it's insane!!

Black Thorn
My sibling and I took our dad out to an escape room today, and we all had a lot of fun doing it! :) It’s nice to spend time with the fam

Then we went to Texas Roadhouse and I ate too much food. I think this is still a good thing, but tbd 😂

Was it a laser escape room? What kind was it?

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
Was it a laser escape room? What kind was it?
So there is a company near me that offers rooms with props and puzzles and all sorts of stuff! This one was their simplest room, being a bank vault robbery. We had an hour to solve all sorts of puzzles and figure out a bunch of stuff, like how and where to use a black light or a magnetic keycard (that one was really tricky!) We did manage to “escape” (or in this case “steal” the money) with about 17 mins left. I highly recommend doing one if you can! They are a lot of fun and very exciting. :D

I've gone through SO many boxes of tissue, it's insane!!
Uh-huh. “Runny-nose”. ;)

TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
That sounds so cool

BuffyNvrForgets

Little Albatross
@Stake fodder yeah. I'm gonna stay hopeful, but what I got from this appointment was "We'll do x number of labs and see what it says". Now I have to get a blood draw at 7:15 in a couple days. HAAATTTTEEE blood draws. (I've got a thing about needles.)
river-tam-hands-of-blue.gif

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Ugh, I hate blood draws, too! Love your gif.

BuffyNvrForgets

Little Albatross
@Stake fodder yeah. I'm gonna stay hopeful, but what I got from this appointment was "We'll do x number of labs and see what it says". Now I have to get a blood draw at 7:15 in a couple days. HAAATTTTEEE blood draws. (I've got a thing about needles.)
river-tam-hands-of-blue.gif
Okay, we that's that. Now I just gotta wait for the results.

Honestly, they're testing me for so many things, I was sitting there (not looking, of course, lest I see the neede and panic) and I felt the technician remove one vial and insert another...then again....then again. It got to the point where I just thought, "Surely there can't be more"?!? In the end there were like, 6 different vials. Bleh.

(Sorry, TMI?)

Plasma
Plasma
Probably a vampire…🤔 bring a stake and some holy water next time

Plasma

Staff member
Very happy with how today has gone.

Of course there was the usual fare, but I finished my current book and it was great! Plus I did a super hard thing in a video game, which really sounds lame and geeky when I say it out loud! 😂

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Father's day was an unexpected bonus here. My daughter asked if I wanted my usual order, veal parmigiana from Pomodoro's, a local Italian food place that is better than most. We got an order from them but it was the wrong order, intended for someone else. My daughter called them again and they said to keep what we got, they would send out the correct order this time. They did and we have been eating from these two deliveries all week. Urp.

It was so much food that I didn't go shopping for food at all this week with the exception of eggs and blueberry-maple ice cream. Say all you want about us Canadians adding maple syrup to everything, we do it for a reason.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I was depressed yesterday (despite walking in pleasant sunshine for awhile) and now worse today, I think in part because I felt a little woozy and couldn't sleep much. I'm having a super rare craving for chocolate ice cream but worry it might make my stomach worse. Maybe something else. I should get some more sun anyway.

It's not that there isn't reason for it. A lot of little things like water drip torture combined with 2 very stressful things that have me worried. I just usually bounce back faster than this.

Had weird dreams for the short time I slept. One was a beautiful world with purple sun (I don't think stars actually come in that color) with bright flowers...I wonder though if that references the field of beautiful purple flowers that died out a couple of years or so ago that I was missing bad yesterday. I loved that field.

I was later with Buffy and we both came across these enemies. There was Spike and Dru, and also a dead, robed mummy demon of some sort, a bit like that demon oracle Angel talked to in his own show, though looked more like a dementor from Harry Potter (but couldn't fly). I killed it with a bone dagger that I felt was made from the very bone of the creature I stabbed with it while Buffy fought Spike and Dru (feeling background). At least I think that's a good omen.

Plasma
Plasma
Things will get much better! ❤️
Black Thorn
I want to see a film in the cinema but can’t decide between new Jurassic world, Elvis, top gun or the black phone

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
Despite the hot weather, I dragged myself outside to hand wash my truck. It's a labour of love. 💕 As luck would have it, I was parked right next to my nemesis. I KNEW she'd be peeking out of her window and she was. By the way, jerr car was covered with dust and looked like total crap. Kinda like aje

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
And if her car wasn't covered with dust before you started, I'm sure you were a factor in covering it with dust by the time you finished.
Plasma
Plasma
“Kinda like aje” - ABS 2022 🧐

thrasherpix

Scooby
Thanks for the comments. :) I mainly shared because of the Buffy dream (and in a strange mood from lack of sleep) without wanting to bother others, but that really was a pleasant surprise. I'll try to leave more comments than I do in the future as a result (though I don't often click on this thread).

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
Despite the hot weather, I dragged myself outside to hand wash my truck. It's a labour of love. 💕 As luck would have it, I was parked right next to my nemesis. I KNEW she'd be peeking out of her window and she was. By the way, jerr car was covered with dust and looked like total crap. Kinda like aje
I hate typos. Last sentence was supposed to say her car kinda looked like a jeep which had driven through the Sahara.

@Ethan Reigns Actually, I moved my truck away from her car beforehand. Funny thing is, two hours later she obviously went to a carwash... because all the dust and grime were gone. Copycat. 😅

Plasma

Staff member
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer have you considered upgrading your rig…? 🤔 A few (probably pricy) modifications and pesky neighbors and their dusty vehicles will be things of the past!

Q64f.gif

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer have you considered upgrading your rig…? 🤔 A few (probably pricy) modifications and pesky neighbors and their dusty vehicles will be things of the past!

Q64f.gif
Yes, I considered upgrading my baby....but adding machine guns and a flamethrower was too expensive. 😈

Also, I'm sick again. My nose is leaking constantly....it's kinda gross. I think I have bronchitis AND the flu. Fun times. 🤧

Plasma
Plasma
Aw, get well soon ❤️

BuffyNvrForgets

Little Albatross
My day, thus far has been very much no good at all. It's about 83 degrees, here in this brick oven we call a house. Our wonderful brother-in-law has taken note of our lack of air conditioning (I don't know why, but my parents never thought to get even a portable AC unit, and instead let all of us girls swelter every year, fighting over who gets the fan pointed at them), and he bought us a unit. It broke immediately. And now that we are getting into summer, there are no exchanges to be made or new units to be bought.

That's just the prologue. I've just had a kinda meh day. The heat plus the boredom of having not-much-to-get-done has left my brain foggy and depressed. (My mother has instilled in all of her children, a constant drive to be working and accomplishing things. If I spend time mindlessly scrolling or watching, I get anxious. Even my enjoyment time has to be scheduled.)

I then got the results in from my lab tests from last week. Everything reads normal. Yay, right? No. I still have a ton of symptoms that now remain unexplained, and ths untreatable. The symptoms are nothing horrible, they don't even prevent me from living a normal day to day. But it's still so frustrating to know something is wrong and no one can tell you what or how to fix it.

My mom made a big fuss about a bunch of meaningless stuff, and put everyone on edge. Then, my dad and I went to the YMCA. The dance studio key I hoped to use was "checked out" (they later found out that it was lost) and I couldn't use it. I tried to just use the treadmill, but I wasn't wearing the right shoes and an employee had to come up and let me know I couldn't use the equiptment. They were really nice about it, and I understand it's just policy, btu it was SO embarassing! I don't handle embarassment well. So I just sat and waited for like, half an hour until we went home.

I'm looking forward to this evening. I'm gonna try and turn the day around by getting my stuff organized (I think messy room and "mount laundry" at the foot of my bed has contributed to this brain fog) and watch a fun movie.

Sorry to dump all of this here. It was the only place I could think of. I feel better already!

Also, My sister and I are going to a comic-con in August...I'm reaaaallly really hoping Summer Glau magically decides to come to this one.

Top Bottom