• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Joss Whedon was around for Season 7

Btvs fan

Scooby
OK so a lot of people often state that Whedon wasn't around for seasons 6 and 7. They often site SMG as there source, so I dug up the old interview from 2017 amd while SMG says he wasn't around in 6 she does say he WAS around for 7.

WillowsFaith

Potential
Well it was still his show and his property. He still had to review and be aware of what was going on.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Well it was still his show and his property. He still had to review and be aware of what was going on.
Agreed but you'd be amazed at how many fans who don't like either 6 or 7 will blame Marti and the lack of Joss Whedon. Thankfully this puts the lie that he wasn't on Set in in S7 to bed

Synch

Townie
SMG referred to upstairs, so, the Mutant Enemy offices from where he ran his 3 series from story breaking* and post production (confirmed by Jose Molina) with his individual showrunners (Greenwalt and Minear, then Bell and Fury at Angel; Minear at Firefly; and of course Noxon at Buffy) and a very few time to be on 3 sets* at 3 points of L.A. urban area. Joss presence on set declined after Buffy S3, and even more after Buffy S5. SMG said "upstairs" because during Buffy S6, sometimes, Joss wasn't even in his office (just near to the sets): writing the musical in the East Coast (July '01) doing it (August, September, October '01), over at Angel with Waiting in the Wings (December '01), and of course with Firefly which set was at Fox (Dec '01 to March '02, just when Grave was shot).

*and he spent less time with it during S6 and S7, confirmed by Jane Espenson recently during an interview with the SlayerFest podcast about her Triangle episode.

**when I said "set" I mean the soundstages (Santa Monica in the case of Buffy) where they shot it. However at Buffy it was super easy to catch Joss (if he was there), if they needed him, because his office (and the 3 writers rooms of his 3 shows) and the Buffy sets were at the same warehouses in Santa Monica.

Dora

Scooby
I think yes and no, certainly at the start of S7 it was more like the old BTVS but Noxon was away on maternity leave, not sure when she came back but I feel things started to go, shell we say differently after CWDP, as for Whedon involvement I think he only wrote the musical in S6, rewrote the church scene in S7 , Buffy's part in CWDP and the final .
Noxon has said she had great influence certainly over season 6 and that they took things to far she has said the same day that Sarah came to her and said she had completely lost the Character was the same day that Whedon told her Buffy's been gone to long, this in its self implies to me that he was hardly up to the minute hands on
Sarah has also said that Joss was hardly ever in his office and it was difficult to have a conversation with him when he is constantly shouting at you

thrasherpix

Scooby
In one of the several page diatribes against Joss, there was some mention that the real reason Amber wouldn't come back was because of Joss, which was the real reason why she refused to play the First as Tara in season 7 rather than she didn't want to "tarnish the memory of Tara." That reason, rather than the official one given, makes a lot more sense to me, and it was Joss she couldn't stand rather than the others.

Dora

Scooby
In one of the several page diatribes against Joss, there was some mention that the real reason Amber wouldn't come back was because of Joss, which was the real reason why she refused to play the First as Tara in season 7 rather than she didn't want to "tarnish the memory of Tara." That reason, rather than the official one given, makes a lot more sense to me, and it was Joss she couldn't stand rather than the others.
SMG husband FP junior said the real reason Sarah would not be coming back for a eighth season was because of all the nonsense Sarah had to put up with and if the environment was the same as it was 6 years previous then she would come back , but peoples ego's get in the way

Top Bottom