• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Language

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
is **** yeah is still considered a bad word too? If I use asterisks can I circumvent the 'not using bad language rule'? What about using a ! in place of an i in somewords.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
is **** yeah is still considered a bad word too? If I use asterisks can I circumvent the 'not using bad language rule'? What about using a ! in place of an i in somewords.

Nope, please don’t intentionally evade the censor or star out letters. Everyone knows what you mean.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Can I use damn and the s word (which is allowed here IIRC) when appropriate ?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I’m not going to go down the rabbit hole of saying this word is okay, this word isn’t. We ask that people try to express themselves without cursing. I’ll refer you to the rule on the subject:

5. Offensive, obscene and profane language should not be used. Most points can be expressed without resorting to inappropriate language. While there are only a couple of words we actually censor, we will remove extraneous and unecessary cursing from posts to keep the board family friendly and enjoyable for all. If you can't post without cursing, then you have bigger problems than whether we edit your posts or not. In short, don't swear just to swear!

S
Spanky
Who defines what a curse word is though? Case in point every time I hear the word Lorne I cringe and curse the name. Does that make it a curse word? At least I didn't spam the thread with the question.
Top Bottom