• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Ep1: The Government Gave Me Bad Hair!

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
Episode 1 of the official Buffy Boards podcast Once More, with Podcast, is now available to download from BB Radio! :D

bbpodcast_zpscsyoavkf.jpg

This episode, we discuss memory episodes, specifically Tabula Rasa & Spin the Bottle. We also have theme music! And a proper grr-argh at the end!

Any feedback or comments? Please let us know below. :)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Feedback: Our giggling should not be taken as a reflection of any lack of Black Thorn bad-assery. Trust me, baby, we've alwas been bad! We are still bad! Bad! All fangy and Grrrr!

(In the future we are also planning to give a little synopsis of the episodes before we start tlaking about them. Live and learn.) :)

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Oh my god, you sound so british! You're like Giles! You don't say hard R's! ;) I wish I had a british accent... I would never stop talking.

And you really should check out the comics. At least season 8. It might infuriate you, but you will NOT be bored. And you'll get lots of new classic Buffy lines!

Last edited:

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Oh my god, you sound so british! You're like Giles! You don't say hard R's! ;) I wish I had a british accent... I would never stop talking.

And you really should check out the comics. At least season 8. It might infuriate you, but you will NOT be bored. And you'll get lots of new classic Buffy lines!

We've already had a request to tackle the comics, so I think we will try that at some point in the near future (waiting on me for that I'm afraid, T's read them, I haven't!)

Glad you like the accent though, I trained at the Rupert Giles Academy of Britishness :D Distinctions all round, especially on my lack of hard R's ;)

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
We've already had a request to tackle the comics, so I think we will try that at some point in the near future (waiting on me for that I'm afraid, T's read them, I haven't!)

Glad you like the accent though, I trained at the Rupert Giles Academy of Britishness :D Distinctions all round, especially on my lack of hard R's ;)

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Also (I'm in the middle of listening to the podcast, you see), Tabula Rasa is PERFECT, and the idea that Sarah's acting was bad is BAFFLING to me.

Athena
Athena
It is perfect, you're correct! ;-)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Listened to the whole thing. It was great! Nice to hear the voices of the people we see in print.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn

LOL you do know that there's no such thing as a British accent? I think you mean English. ;) Otherwise I'm definitely not British! (I wish ;))

Reactions: Guy

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
lol there probably was a British accent back in the day but we don't know what it sounded like

Bluebird
Bluebird
None of us would be able to understand that, some sort of Viking/German weirdness probably :p

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yeah... I pretty much can't tell difference. I mean, scottish accents are different, but the rest of the british accents kinda sound the same...

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Yeah fun story. I was on holiday in Lanzarote a few years ago. One night we had a Spanish entertainer and a new Scottish Club Rep. Anyway I could understand the Spanish man speaking English as his second language but I had to have my girlfriend explain everything the Scottish man said because of the accent!

I think they've developed it as a way of communicating their hatred of the English in secret ;)

Bluebird
Bluebird
Haha, karma for saying the same thing!
GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
Lawled hard

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Yeah... I pretty much can't tell difference. I mean, scottish accents are different, but the rest of the british accents kinda sound the same...

I'm only jesting. :p It's just kinda funny cos British (English) accents not having hard R's, is the total opposite of a Scottish accent. That accent is the hardest of R's lol. It's why English people can have a hard time with the accent or mimicking it.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
I'm gonna download and listen to this RIGHT NOW! (since Winter has finally passed out for a nap).

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
If I'd known my accent would cause so much drama, I'd have put on my excellent Buffy voice from the stage play. Because you so couldn't tell I was faking that! :D

P.S. If the worst feedback we get is "Athena's accent isn't 'British' enough" then I'm more than happy with that! :p:D

Guy
Guy
Ooh, maybe you could do the other accent in the next podcast? Just for a minute, maybe? Accents are fun.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn

I tried to read season 8 again for the comic re-read but honestly, I hate that season so much. I literally can't stand it. So I'm thinking maybe it'd be a good idea to have a guest and actual fan of the comics come on and discuss them, because otherwise it'll just be me in a corner going "no no no no no no". 8 is the only season I've read because it scared me off the rest.

And hey, maybe I'll do an accent next episode. Irish anyone?:p

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
@Guy : Ooh, maybe you could do the other accent in the next podcast? Just for a minute, maybe? Accents are fun.

Download the 2nd Stage Play from BB Radio, it's there in all it's terrible brilliance.... :p I wouldn't want to put podcast listeners through that again. That's torture in some countries.:D

Reactions: Guy

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Great podcast! I loved how much you both loved your episodes. Loved (just saying it one last time).

I'm with Tooker in that I prefer Spin the Bottle though. :oops::D And I am kinda a fan of AtS season 4 (see: username), parts of it anyway. My favourite parts of Tabula Rasa are Giles/Anya and Giles/Spike. "Welcome to the nancy tribe" (!)

Taake
Taake
Season 4 and Spin The Bottle karma/hugs!
Athena
Athena
Well why don't you just marry each other then! :-p
Top Bottom