• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Ep1: The Government Gave Me Bad Hair!

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Brilliant, I enjoyed that.

I can't remember that much of Spin the Bottle to be honest and now I kinda want to see it again.
Tabula Rasa is great episode though and I pretty sure I prefer it over Spin the Bottle.
The Loan Shark is the only thing in Tabula Rasa that just are too silly and stupid even for me.

/SK

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Tabula Rasa is great episode though and I pretty sure I prefer it over Spin the Bottle.

Let us know your ruling, in case you do re-watch Spin the Bottle :)

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
To be honest I think the podcast would be really dull if we agreed on everything.... ;)

Tabula Rasa is better though.

:D

Taake
Taake
Can't believe you spelled "Spin The Bottle" wrong, tsk tsk
Reactions: Guy

Priceless

Scooby
A really good listen, thanks to all involved. Personally I'm a Tabula Rasa fan, but @Taake make me want to re-watch Spin the Bottle which rarely happens with Angel episodes

Taake
Taake
I hope you enjoy it! :)

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
-Enjoyed both 'Spin the bottle' and 'Tabula Rasa' episodes, but favor more on Tabula Rasa. Giles and Anya did it for me. As well as Willow and Xander....'Heyyyyy!'....'Uh...hey?"
-And Spike had his moments to, I agree that his comedy was quite consistent.
-The only thing that really stuck with me from 'Spin the bottle' was Fred asking for some weed and learning Angel's human name.
-I can see the creep factor with Cordy and Conner. But, i can also somewhat understand Conner's obsession with Cordy based on:
1) She's emotionally, the closest female to him.
2) He's at a time in his life were most young men would do it with anything.
3) He grew up in a hell dimension void of morality and social/societal expectations.
4) Did or was Holtz able to teach or explain the birds and the bee's to Conner?

And to the point of Giles's not communicating with the Scoobies on screen when he left for England, perhaps he spoke somewhat regularly with Dawn and Willow? Isn't this when Buffy was to busy living two lives and having sexy fun times with Spike? Maybe lingering resentment for leaving could also be the culprit on Buffy's part. Maybe, nobody know's.

Perhaps you two can record a similar podcast episode with 'Once more with feeling' and ...the puppet episode from Angel. I don't remember the name. Unless you already did and i completely missed it.

In any event. great episode. Keep them coming if you will. I am delighted that you two are speaking as average Jane's while in a discussion.
Cheers
P.S. Thank you for mentioning Buffy's wardrobe while trying to kill something!

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Thanks for your comments @Riderofapocalypse, much appreciated!

Perhaps you two can record a similar podcast episode with 'Once more with feeling' and ...the puppet episode from Angel. I don't remember the name. Unless you already did and i completely missed it.

We haven't, but I think we would do an episode for each, because they're both so delightful in their own way. OMWF is my personal favourite and Smile Time is one of my favourite episodes of Angel. We wouldn't do both of them together justice in a one hour podcast I don't think. I would like to personally do them individually

(Not all podcasts will be an episode vs episode setup, we want to mix it up a bit and do different themes :))

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I am slowly listening to this in my spare time. I tend to pick Angel over Buffy, and Spin the Bottle is especially hilarious, so that's my fav. I gotta support Angel S4, it doesn't get much love!

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Finished. :D Athena, you made a good argument for Tabula Rasa but I gotta stick with Spin the Bottle! Great point about Xander not having a instinctual connection to Anya - I never thought about that before. Super interesting podcast. :)

Athena
Athena
I had no idea our podcast was 9 hours long! :-p #needsmoaredits

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Finally listened to it. Very funny. The carrier pigeons was hilarious. It's been a while since I've seen Spin the Bottle, so I give a slight edge to Tabula Rasa.

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Heads up guys, we're recording the next episode this Saturday, so if anyone wants to ask us something podcasty, or relating to Episode 1, we'll answer it in the next podcast and you can get a bit of a shout-out too (how old school radio is that? Who even does shout-outs?!) :p

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Are you guys doing episode 1 of Buffy? Welcome to the Hellmouth?

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
Heads up guys, we're recording the next episode this Saturday, so if anyone wants to ask us something podcasty, or relating to Episode 1, we'll answer it in the next podcast and you can get a bit of a shout-out too (how old school radio is that? Who even does shout-outs?!) :p

Maybe how Buffy/Angel has impacted your lives? Like an introduction of when you started watching it, your favorite episode or scene or character trait(s) and how it affected you/how you can relate to it? Doesn't have to be a tale of epic proportions.
Ex: started watching in high school and i related to willow because i was always in the library and blah blah.

Priceless

Scooby

How about a discussion 'Did Buffy become over-shadowed by the supporting cast'? or the top three episodes for each character, I know I've mentioned it before but an over-view of the comics (dull of me to repeat, I know). Discusson on the bands/music used on the show and if that had an impact. What the different writers bought to the show and how their episodes could or could not be grouped together.

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
How about a discussion 'Did Buffy become over-shadowed by the supporting cast'? or the top three episodes for each character, I know I've mentioned it before but an over-view of the comics (dull of me to repeat, I know). Discusson on the bands/music used on the show and if that had an impact. What the different writers bought to the show and how their episodes could or could not be grouped together.

Did the supporting cast overshadow the main cast is an amazing topic. Nice one.

Priceless
Priceless

Athena

Watcher
Black Thorn
Some great ideas guys - thank you! :)

T and I will likely be doing this podcast til we're in our sixties at this rate! :D But it's great to have so many future topics to cover.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn

T and I will likely be doing this podcast til we're in our sixties at this rate! :D But it's great to have so many future topics to cover.

That's cool, before then Blaze will have figured out how to make us immortal!

Top Bottom