• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Once More, with Podcast Episode 13: Some People Stand in the Darkness

Mylie

Scooby
I just listened to this episode and enjoyed it a lot!!!

This was my first episode of Once More With Podcast and I picked that episode because I thought the topic would be a good introduction for me, it sounded fun (and it was!).

General thoughts
-You 2 have a very cute friendship which makes it fun listening to your discussions
-I find I'm enjoying this format, it's refreshing
-You both raised a lot of good points and I can tell (especially by comparing with other podcasts) that you know the buffyverse well

Episodes thoughts
-I've always loved Glory but @Taake raised a lot of good points about her, I'm kind of intrigued to rewatch the season to decide how I feel about those little flaws.
-I disagree that Angelus decided to end the world for no reason. Angelus's obsession with destroying humanity and what made him feel human started out as much more personal (with Buffy) but then IOHEFY happened and I think feeling that love again (even for a few minutes) shook him up. I find it very much in character for him to decide to go with world end altogether after that. I think that's just him taking it to another level and wanting to prove that he's capable of it.

Anyways, I know I'm a bit late but I'm glad I gave this podcast a shot and I'm excited to listen to more! :)

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
I just listened to this episode and enjoyed it a lot!!!

This was my first episode of Once More With Podcast and I picked that episode because I thought the topic would be a good introduction for me, it sounded fun (and it was!).

General thoughts
-You 2 have a very cute friendship which makes it fun listening to your discussions
-I find I'm enjoying this format, it's refreshing
-You both raised a lot of good points and I can tell (especially by comparing with other podcasts) that you know the buffyverse well

Episodes thoughts
-I've always loved Glory but @Taake raised a lot of good points about her, I'm kind of intrigued to rewatch the season to decide how I feel about those little flaws.
-I disagree that Angelus decided to end the world for no reason. Angelus's obsession with destroying humanity and what made him feel human started out as much more personal (with Buffy) but then IOHEFY happened and I think feeling that love again (even for a few minutes) shook him up. I find it very much in character for him to decide to go with world end altogether after that. I think that's just him taking it to another level and wanting to prove that he's capable of it.

Anyways, I know I'm a bit late but I'm glad I gave this podcast a shot and I'm excited to listen to more! :)

Thank you, Mylie! Fair point about Angelus, I'm not sure I agree but it makes sense in the -verse so it's a good explanation!

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
I can tell (especially by comparing with other podcasts) that you know the buffyverse well

That masking spell is clearly working! :D

Thanks for your comments Mylie - I hope you like the other episodes too (some of the early ones are a bit dodgy, but I'm personally very fond of 12 as it was our Beer Bad live watch and we have a lot of fun on that :))

Top Bottom