• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

School's Out Voting Thread

Vote for your favourite

• Drabble 1

• Drabble 2

• Drabble 3

• Drabble 4

• Drabble 5

• Drabble 6

• Drabble 7

• Drabble 8

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Thank you all that took part, here are the drabbles for you to vote on:

Drabble 1:

Cordelia cheered as her new car revved up. Xander and Willow sat in the back, and Buffy fidgeted in her seat. Xander wiped his forehead and spoke.

“So, midnight beach run. Never done this before.” Willow nodded along with him.

“I wanted to go during the day. But Buffy insisted, she wanted lover boy to come along.” Cordy replied.

“Shut up Cordelia. You know Angel...burns easily.”

Meanwhile, in a car not too far behind them, Giles and Angel sat in awkward silence. Finally, Giles spoke up, his eyeglasses sliding down his nose.

“So Angel...you’re shagging my slayer?”

It was going to be a very long summer break.

Drabble 2:

Xander, Spike, Dawn and Buffy sat around the Ouija board on the coffee table. “Anyone got any questions for the dead?” Spike stared at the others.
“Can you feel it, there something wrong,” said Buffy.
Buffy looked at the pointer, it was moving by itself, no one was touching it, Dawn began to read what the it spelt. Then the pointer stopped moving. Dawn faced Xander.
“What the pointer said was, How did she know I was going to die?”
“Who did, who was she and who are you?” Dawn watched the pointer move, then announce what it said,
“You.”
She started to cry.

Drabble 3:

”But does tjjkkk’ represent the infinitive or the nominative...?” He chewed the bottom of his pencil as his eyes darted from the ancient manuscript to his notes.
His mother came into the room, carrying tea and some biscuits on a tray. ”Wesley, dear, it’s summer vacation. Don’t you want to go outside? The neighbor boys are playing tennis.”
14 year old Wesley Wyndam Pryce gave his mother a soft look, she worried... his head turned back to his notes as a thought stuck him. ”It’s the imperative! That changes everything!”
His mother sighed and left him alone.

Drabble 4:

“William, your coach is here.”

“Yes sir, I just have to stuff all my poetry into my case and I will be ready.”

The long trip home from boarding school would seem dreary to anyone else, but for William Pratt, it was a relief. No more students taunting him. No more teachers alternately pitying or reprimanding him. He would be back in his own home with his beloved mother and away from those boys who relished tormenting him and left their ridicule ringing in his ears.

William thought to himself, “Nothing will ever make me be like that.”

Drabble 5:

Angel and Spike knew of Buffy’s school holiday, the thought of seeing Xander had them wanting to leave, to go and help out at the Devil’s place. It was a nice place 150 acres of forest a 50 acre lake, the Devil’s house was round. The odd factor was the upturned mountain on the caverns ceiling, a mountain called death. Angel and Spike would often swim in the valley where the lake was often in shade but neither of them cared, they often said, “Though I swim in the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, the Devil is my mate.

Drabble 6:

Sunday was so incredibly bored. She'd actually attended UC Sunnydale back in the '80's...and now, here she was again! But this time around, she was a vampire. Yes, a vampire with super lame "friends," yet still, a vampire. If only someone had warned her about how dull this unlife could be! "Oh my God, I'm actually boring myself." She had to laugh.

Sunday decided to hang out at Sunnydale High. Things couldn't be as lame there as they were here. Oh hey, was that ANOTHER vamp? Maybe she was cool! But wait...she's actually wearing a unicorn t-shirt?! NO! Lame alert!

She returned "home" and counted her blessings.

Drabble 7:

”School’s out”
”Finally!” Xander said with a sigh
”This summer is going to br rad, man, and next year...” Jesse gave him an excited look, ”we’ll be sophmores”
”So?”
”So? Everything will be different!” He laughed as he gave Xander’s shoulder a shove.
”How?”
Jesse’s excitement was almost infectious but this was Sunnydale, nothing ever happened here. Except for a lot of runaways.
”Girls, man. We won’t be loser freshmen anymore. We’re practically adults now, I tell you, next year is gonna be awesome!”
Xander smiled, maybe things would change.

Drabble 8:

Angel was beginning to doubt the wisdom of Wesley's "summer fun" idea. "Please get that look off your face," said Wesley. "This should be rather...enjoyable." Angel said nothing, and tried to smile. "The half-breed is concerned?" asked Illyria. Wesley sighed, and shrugged. "I like Disneyland," he muttered.

Lorne and Spike were greatly amused by the idea of Wes, Angel, and Illyria's little holiday. "Mr Broody Pants riding in a tea cup...that's divine!" laughed Lorne. Spike agreed, and added, "I want a picture of Illyria with Mickey Mouse!" They both giggled like schoolboys.

"What is...Mickey Mouse? A God?" Spike looked up, and saw Illyria. Angel replied, "Nothing. We are NOT going."

You've got 1 week to vote

Good luck

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
This is a good year, so many good ones to choose from, shame we only get one vote.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bring us Lestat!
Black Thorn
For the record, l accept bribes. 💀
Fed Ex me a cheesecake and you have my vote. Just putting that out there.

Name the Stars
Name the Stars
A CHEESEcake??
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I sent you a cheesecake and some sweets but they gut 'return to sender'. So I had to eat them myself I was so disappointed.
Reactions: Nix

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
It's a good thing that I have a week to decide which one to vote for, because I'm majorly conflicted right now. Good old Libra indecisiveness. 😂:oops:

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
A Scorpio's decisiveness here, I know which one to vote for, not sure which day to vote on though.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lol, 1 and 6 especially made me laugh! But I love all of them, so hard to pick! Great job everyone

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
You've only got until Thursday morning to get your vote in

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Thank you all for voting, and for taking part.

In first place is @Taake - 50 points to BT

Second is @Name the Stars - 25 points to BT

Equal third is @ILLYRIAN and @Anyanka Bunny Slayer now do you think you can share third place! 10 points each to BT

A Sinyean did take part, @Ethan Reigns

Drabble 1 was Name the Stars
Drabble 2 was Illyrian
Drabble 3 was Taake
Drabble 4 was Ethan Reigna
Drabble 5 was Illyrian
Drabble 6 was Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Drabble 7 was Taake
Drabble 8 was Anyanka Bunny Slayer.

Top Bottom