• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Sexy Wes

StarSlayer

Defender of Spuffy
I've always loved Wesley! I thought he was adorably dorky in Buffy S3 and Angel S1 :p Then he turned bad ass and I fell in love!! :p

I'm so glad I'm not alone here :) I loved Wesley when he was a dorky, even stuck-up Watcher. He had that Peter Parker thing where he was klutzy and nerdy, but still sweet. I don't know about anyone else, but I found him sexy even then, lol :) As his character grew and he became more tough and bad ass, he just became sexier :D

G
GrrArghx
[No message]

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
You're totally not alone. I think there a quite a few Wesley lovers out there just waiting to spill the secret! I adore the guy. Probably one of my favourite characters EVER.

Wesley as a character has it all, he's sweet, a bad boy, has a nice face and decent body, can kick butt with the best of them, and things don't always go perfect for him. All those things are super sexy to me!

S
StarSlayer
I think so too, to all the above :)

Wishing Oceans

I don't think, I know.
Wes is my second favorite character. (sw)

I loved him as the cute, pompous, silly Watcher, I loved him when he went rogue, and I loved him when- *pause* WAS there anything besides those two? :p

My favorite look for him was probably early Season 3 of Ats- He was so adorable, and almost pretty. Plus, intellectual bad asses are always super hot. ;)

Kody

Whedon-a-holic
I'm reviving this thread because Wesley is that awesome.

He's my favorite, by far, of all the Buffyverse characters. I just thought he was so tragic and tortured, especially in later seasons. And his character arc was AMAZING!! Augh, I just adore his growth. And I wanted only good things for him. Sadly, thos egood things rarely happened. Poor guy could NOT catch a break.

(I kind of loved Wesley so much that the main love interest in my novel is named Wesley . . . he's nothing like this Wes, but I had to pay homage to my fave TV hottie of all time)

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
Yay! This thread wins!

I liked Wesley a lot even in the first season of Angel. He made me laugh. A lot.
And then once "I've got you under my skin" happened and we learned about Wesley's totally uncool father. I really started to like him.

Then he just kept getting better and better!
By season five he was pretty epically awesome.

woogirl

Potential
Alexis is very handsome. Really, I'm starting to be jealous for Alyson. :D
Wesley is even hotter. Sorry for my pointless comment only about how Alexis/Wesley is hot but it's in my mind actually. :)

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
I always thought Wes was cute, but yes, I did think he got hotter as "Angel" progressed. I loved the darker side of him we got to see on that show, and I think it suited him well.
Plus, when Alexis smiles, I just melt. :)

Aimee

Scooby
Wesley? Sexy? Hells yeah he is!!
In the beginning he was cute. In S3 of Angel he was hot. From S4 he's hotter than a hell dimension!
The way Angelus describes Wes in S4 to Fred really sums it up:

"Now you can go for the real prize. Mm. Man, I'm telling ya... man, if I swung that way... Look at him -- all rugged and handsome and brains ... man, he's damn-near perfect."

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I first say Alexis Denisof in 'Sharpe' wearing an old-fashioned military uniform...so, yes, I figured they had to try very hard to hide Wes innate sexiness for 3 whole years, until he kinds comes into his own at the end of S3.

He is an awesome character, that undergoes an incredible transformation thats completely believable. :)

bespangeled
bespangeled
Oh, yeah!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I first say Alexis Denisof in 'Sharpe' wearing an old-fashioned military uniform...so, yes, I figured they had to try very hard to hide Wes innate sexiness for 3 whole years, until he kinds comes into his own at the end of S3.

He is an awesome character, that undergoes an incredible transformation thats completely believable. :)

I'm not sure the disconnect between the buffoon we see in Buffy and the badass we see in Angel isn't too great to process for a lot of us.

He was the archetypical cowardly administrative lackey for the Watchers' Council in Buffy and the courageous rogue demon hunter in Angel. It would have been better if Wesley in Angel had been introduced as Wesley's twin brother (what would be a good English name - Geoffrey?). Alexis could pull off both easily and a show featuring both together (like they did with Xander in "The Replacement") might have been a good idea. In fact, a fight with a Toth demon leading to the creation of the bumbling Wesley of Buffy and the badass Wesley of Angel might have been a good episode to explain the huge reversal in character. Just like the spell that united the two Xanders leaving a better Xander, the uniting of the two Wesleys could be used as the explanation for the character shift. But as it stands, it is too jarring a disconnect for me to believe in terms of ordinary character growth.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm not sure the disconnect between the buffoon we see in Buffy and the badass we see in Angel isn't too great to process for a lot of us.

He was the archetypical cowardly administrative lackey for the Watchers' Council in Buffy and the courageous rogue demon hunter in Angel. It would have been better if Wesley in Angel had been introduced as Wesley's twin brother (what would be a good English name - Geoffrey?). Alexis could pull off both easily and a show featuring both together (like they did with Xander in "The Replacement") might have been a good idea. In fact, a fight with a Toth demon leading to the creation of the bumbling Wesley of Buffy and the badass Wesley of Angel might have been a good episode to explain the huge reversal in character. Just like the spell that united the two Xanders leaving a better Xander, the uniting of the two Wesleys could be used as the explanation for the character shift. But as it stands, it is too jarring a disconnect for me to believe in terms of ordinary character growth.

Wesley grew in S1 of 'Ange'l because Angel himself trusted and relied on him. Respected his academic knowledge and encouraged his self-belief.
Most of S1 of Angel, Wes is pratfalling about all over the place, socially awkward and overall a bit of a prig, just like the character we see on Buffy. the only thing they really change is his inate cowardice when dealing with vampires/demons, which tells me that Wesley may have been academically brilliant, but was incredibly green when he first turns up in Sunnydale.
In S2 of Angel, there's still some pratfalling, but Wes has to man up and lead the team after Angel kicks them all out, he and the others succeeed in some solo cases away from Angel's influence. He gains a good friend in Gunn, and he and Cordelia rely more on each other. Even in Pylea he grows into the leadership roll. This is his growing self-confidence which allows him to survive on his own at the end of S3/onset of S4.

All in all I find Wes's tranformation entirely believable and very well-written, certainly moreso than some other characters. Giles for example, going from stuffy Watcher to 'accustic rock god' in the space of two seasons? (Seasons 3 and 4)

Nah, I like Wesley just fine. :)

Blaze
Blaze
[No message]
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

FlowerPower

Potential
Wesley wasn't even as cowardly on BtVS than fannish prejudices would suggest. He blinked ONCE when Balthezar and his army captured him and Giles and threatened them with torture in Wesley's first twenty four hours on the job.

However, the next two times that Wesley found himself in a combat situation? He jumped to save Cordelia from Vamp Willow even though he only had fought vampires under controlled circumstances in the past. He signed up to fight in Graduation Day Part II, even if it was on his own apart from the Council.

Plus, Buffy unfairly spits all over it but I think Wesley showed bravery in arguing with the Council to please provide him with the means to cure Angel from Faith's poison. It probably played a role in him losing job- to admit that he was brooking Buffy working with Angel and to beg for a treatment for a vampire. Heck, he showed bravery in arguing with the rest of the Scoobies to argue for sacrificing Willow for the Box of Gavrok/finding another way without trading Willow immediately.

thetopher
thetopher
I was thinking more physical bravery, but your point still stands. He could be brave sometimes.
bespangeled
bespangeled
And in retrospect we can see Wesley making the hard decisions already!

fitz1980

Townie
Wes and Cordelia are my two favorite characters because they had long term character arcs where they slowly grew and changed organically. From the beginning he was book smart. He advised Buffy and Faith on one of their early missions under him but was still depicted as a dandy who Giles would fence with one handed while holding a book in the other hand to toutor Buffy.

He screwed up when Faith went evil and Angel wanted to save her.

Even his "rogue deamon hunter" was a bit of a joke to Angel at first. But he ended up being the Billy Badass character who saved Angel from eternity locked in a box under the ocean and acted like Neo (The Matrix) when fighting that lava deamon.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yeah, I agree with Fresley4ever.

I also kinda liked him when he was with Lilah. :)

Not to be sacrilegious but I prefer Wesley and Lilah to Wes and Fred - at least in terms of hotness! He really can rock a sex scene - all sweaty and.......*fans self*

Aimee
Aimee
[No message]

Aimee

Scooby
Not to be sacrilegious but I prefer Wesley and Lilah to Wes and Fred - at least in terms of hotness! He really can rock a sex scene - all sweaty and.......*fans self*

People reading this thread, globally, are currently fanning themselves now! :p

He certainly looks like he knows what he's doing ;)
...unlike Connor (gag - I'm so mean mocking the poor virgin from a hell dimension)

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
People reading this thread, globally, are currently fanning themselves now! :p

He certainly looks like he knows what he's doing ;)
...unlike Connor (gag - I'm so mean mocking the poor virgin from a hell dimension)

That would be a great band name - Virgin from a Hell Dimension!:D

Top Bottom