• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Signature Banners - Broken Images

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
So there are several things to discuss about the signatures, so I wanted to do them all at once.

First off, if you don't know, photobucket no longer allows hotlinking, so you cannot use images hosted at photobucket in signatures. Another free host I know of is imgur.com but there are others and I'm sure folks could make suggestions if needed. I've been removing the img code around photobucket images in signatures so the board isn't loading a bunch of broken images. Please update your signatures.

Second, I have moved the board buttons I can think of that were on BEG/Taake/etc's photobuckets onto the board server, so you will need to grab the links to those from the button threads again (I think it was just the Sineya and Black Thorn buttons). I've been trying to fix them in people's signatures as I see them as well.

Finally, please remember that we don't allow linking to board attachments, and now that we have moved to secure http, those images will show up as broken also. So please upload your signatures to your own image hosts. I don't want to have to limit the amount of attachments each person can have, but if people start using us as their image host (and remember, we have to pay for our server space), I'll have to. So let's keep it for what it's meant to be used for.

Thanks!

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Fyi, for anyone who wants to save any of their old art, there's a chrome extension that fixes hotlinked images from photobucket so you can see them all again. It's been pretty useful for me.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Ah, I can't even log into my old PB account. Which is annoying.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well I was able to go to other people’s photobucket’s and retrieve items. Like BEG's buttons he did for Sineya and Black Thorn, then I just uploaded them to the board server. If you copy and paste the url into a new browser tab it will come up and then you can save it.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Even after reading all these posts I have no idea how to get my banner back. @Mr. Pole you made it a couple of years ago. Will you help me resurrect it? Early Xmas gift perhaps?

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Even after reading all these posts I have no idea how to get my banner back. @Mr. Pole you made it a couple of years ago. Will you help me resurrect it? Early Xmas gift perhaps?
Did you save it to your own device/computer?

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
I'm not that clever sadly. If I ever get a new banner I won't have any idea on how to attach it either, I think @Mr. Pole walked me through the whole process 2 years ago.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I got the time machine working and starting hunting thru the past saves only to realize it was in this version as well. Oh well.
I would put it on your own server in case imgur wants to randomly send me a bill for $100 too.
upload_2017-12-7_11-36-3.png

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I got the time machine working and starting hunting thru the past saves only to realize it was in this version as well. Oh well.
I would put it on your own server in case imgur wants to randomly send me a bill for $100 too.
View attachment 9992

I don't have a server. I'm not even sure how to get the image off here but I'll work on it.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Open the attachment and right click on it and choose save image as to save to your computer. Then you will need to sign up with a free image host like imgur and upload the file there.

Top Bottom