• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

So what’s with Anya and Bunnies?!

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Hi guys, I am really new as I just joined 30 mins ago so I’m not quite sure where to post and stuff but I do have a question: what is up with Anya and bunnies!? I LOVE Anya, I think she is amazing and very funny and her hate for bunnies always makes me giggle but I’m wondering, how comes she hates them so much! 😂 Wondering if any of you have any idea? Ty!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Are you glad you are here, I bet you are.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Seasons 3 and 5 are my fave seasons. Probably Hush is my favourite episode. But plenty of great ones to choose from. Really like Restless, The Gift, Innocence and The Wish among others.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hi there and welcome!

We have an entire section dedicated to the wonderful Anya and her hatred for bunnies, so pop over there and you'll definitely find the answer....

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Oh thanks so much!!! Xx

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Greets, I bet you are glad you can say you are one of us, lucky you or us?

Why does Anya have a thing about bunnies? When you see the times she was happily living with a troll, the bunnies would breed like rabbits (odd that) and the damn things got everywhere. What happens now? Bunnies! Bunnies! Its them bloody Bunnies!

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Hahaha thanks! I am thrilled that there is a Buffy fan site!!! That makes sense about Anya and the bunnies! I can sleep in peace now 😂

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Welcome to the boards! :D

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Reply to Mr Trick: Good choices!!! I love them too (except for the gift because I haven’t seen it yet 😂), I can’t wait to watch season 7, what I find with most series is that the more they go on the worse they get, but Buffy goes up up upidy 😂

Mr Trick

Scooby
Its great to have you here. I think you'll have a great time. Anya and Bunnies that's a thing alright! That's such an iconic shot of her and that costume in Fear, Itself. She's a very good character. I prefer her earlier appearances on the show. But Selfless maybe her best episode.

Do you have a favourite season of Buffy or Anya themed episode?

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Ooh, I love them all! My fave episodes of Buffy are Once More With Feeling, Hush and Band Candy but like you, I love Anya in the early episodes and the Bunny costume is one of my fave things too! What about you!?

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I also love Anya for the same reasons. Buffy and Spike are a few of my favourite characters too. Once More, With Feeling is one of my fav episodes as well.

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Wow! We have a lot in common! Nice to meet ya!!!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@LemonBanana,
did you know that there are two Houses in Buffy-Boards. Sineya are the good guys, (so they keep telling us) and the best is The House of the Black Thorn, it has been rumoured that those of Black Thorn will say fibs about them of Sineya. Regardless of which, you should know that to join Sineya you need to list all the episodes of BTVS in order of preference. We of Black Thorn are very accepting of people.
Are you any good at make-believe or spreading disinformation?

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Wow fighting talk!
LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Oooh I didn’t know thanks! Dunno if it is good or bad but I am very good at make believe and spreading disinformation 😈 Is there anywhere I could go to find out more about these houses?! I could list all the episodes of BTVS in order, but...

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Oh @LemonBanana,
had you asked a member of Black Thorn we could have extolled (notice that did you, extolled, an intelligent word - as used by clever adults) unlike the words used by the members of that other house (as in the comment above by Mr Trick - Wow)

RiverandFaith

Five by Five
I have a theory on this. There are manuscripts from the medieval period where the margins have illustrations of strange things like knights fighting snails and bunnies killing people. For a long time art historians would just pretend they didn't exist as they were kind of embarrassing. There's a proposal that the images are there as an inversion, in other words, show how the world isn't supposed to be. Snails don't pose any threat to knights, bunnies don't kill people. The world is supposed to be a certain way in that time's philosophies. I'm thinking that given when Anya lived through this time that had bunnies were killing humans in the margins of manuscripts, maybe she saw the bunnies and thought back to when she had bunnies as a human. The relief! But maybe bunnies still pose a threat?
Please google "murderous medieval rabbit" you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Memories of Monty Python - esque.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Not mentioned very much anymore, but the musical group that Oz was in Dingoes Ate My Baby had a very little known thing, that the previous name of the group was, 'Anya and the bunnies'.

And for my next dream .. .. .. teehee

Top Bottom