• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Sometimes I forgot I love Spike because of his fans

P

Paulrina

Spike is probably most overrated Buffyverse character after Wesley.But unlike Wesley I actually love Spike.

But his fans are just ughhhh.So annoying and sometimes hyprocite.I just cannot introduce myself as a Spike fan.Also Spuffy is trash.

Antho

Scooby
I know that feeling. Sometimes fandom can be so toxic that it taints the love I can have for a character. People can be so defensive and trash when they are defending theirs favorites characters that sometimes it is just too much. But I don’t think it’s a Spuffy thing, it’s a fandom thing, there are some crazy fans everywhere.

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
:( I would agree that some fans can take things too far, as is true of all fandoms, but not every fan is annoying. A few bad apples exist in every bushel, but they are not the entire bushel.

I would also say that the character being overrated is definitely an opinion thing. Not every character is for everyone, and that’s great! It’s why we have such a big and great cast in both shows. :)

Also I don’t think that Spuffy is trash… It’s totally alright to not like a ship, as we’re all totally different and have our own tastes. I don’t think it’s all that great to be that harsh on the ship & the fans of it though.

Last edited:
Antho
Antho
Agreed

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I don't see how Wesley is overrated, I think he's got a niche popularity where his fans do think he's the best but he's not got a ton of fans. I think he's a great character, and what people say about his arc is true, it's one of the best.

Top Bottom