• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Special Feature: Live Stream with Nightshade

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
So BB does have a Youtube, and I don't think the staff will mind me saying, we're not a techy bunch (except Athena, but she's a god) However I'm going to give it a go, which means you lucky lot are my guinea pigs! Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing, but I have scheduled a live stream for Sunday at 7pm (UK). Just chatting about things like the 31 Days of Buffy that we've been doing, you can tell me off if I haven't finished Dollhouse by then, etc. It'll be as long as you want it, well no, I do want to go to bed, but within a reasonable amount of time!

Linky:

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Hahaha. Oh this should be good. Yeah, I can't imagine anything going wrong.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
You should write out a script ahead of time. So you don't just sit there like a goon staring into the webcam thinking of something to say. And be sure you've relieved yourself prior to filming! Don't want little nightshade to have a nervous tinkle onscreen be the thing everyone remembers from the inaugural livestream.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I will have the 31 days of Buffy questions, so I have those I can talk about, I'll probably have a few other notes too, but I'm mostly going to let it flow and probably go round in circles!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
You should write out a script ahead of time. So you don't just sit there like a goon staring into the webcam thinking of something to say. And be sure you've relieved yourself prior to filming! Don't want little nightshade to have a nervous tinkle onscreen be the thing everyone remembers from the inaugural livestream.

@nightshade Yeah, you don't want to be leaving the room either, or if you do have to leave, mute the mic so people don't hear any strange noises.

I might not be able to watch it live, or depending on how long it goes on, I might miss the 1st half. However, I'll definitely tune in and watch it as soon as I can. :)

S
Spanky
Don't wear your PJs and brush your hair. You forgot to tell her that.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
As far as I know, which really isn't a lot, you should be able to watch it from the video in the first post, or via YouTube.

Okay I must remember to dress warmly, if I'm going to be sat still for a while.

Reactions: Bop

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
That's the moving around sorted. Just get up, take the laptop with you do some calisthenics or whatever, it's unhealthy to sit in one place for too long.
I can't, laptop has to be plugged in or it'll die, so it only goes a limited area anyway! Besides how long are you expecting this to be????

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
@Spanky I wish you'd posted your comment in a post so I could've lol liked it :p

@nightshade Spanky brings up a valid point: don't do it in your pyjamas!
I'm thinking I might even wash my hair!

Also I've got to wear my Sunnydale hoody surely!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What the ! Do you mean nightshade, that when in your pyjamas you was not sleeping with your eyes open?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
At least two - three hours. It's a live stream afterall.
But, but what about my bed time?

We'll see, depends on how many people are watching and interacting.

S
Spanky
The average livestream is minimum two hours... any less than that and you're just messing around.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Also I've got to wear my Sunnydale hoody surely!

Definitely! Cater to your audience.

I'd say half an hour is more than long enough for a livestream give or take. You don't want to run out of things to say and then have a video full of awkward pauses, you want it to flow smoothly.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Definitely! Cater to your audience.

I'd say half an hour is more than long enough for a livestream give or take. You don't want to run out of things to say and then have a video full of awkward pauses, you want it to flow smoothly.
Oh it'll be full of awkwardness from start to finish!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
To be correct, it will only be full of awkwardiness if it runs from finish to start. The benefit being, that the audience wont know if they is coming or going!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
You don't want to run out of things to say and then have a video full of awkward pauses, you want it to flow smoothly.
That's why you write a script and have all of the graphics and sound effects planned out in advance. So you aren't doing it all on the fly.

You are going to have graphics and sound effects, aren't you @nightshade

Maybe you're just wanting to do a live video chat and calling it a livestream

Top Bottom