• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Still Charmed and Kicking

Cohen

Hellhound
Hello Boards!

Oh how I’ve missed thee. Before today the last time I popped in was before the pandemic (weird) and when I was still a late twenty-something. Somehow, I’ve stumbled into my thirties and still find myself in the comfort of these old forums.

Anywho, since I’ve been away, not only have I crossed the thirtieth barrier in life, I’ve also obtained my master’s degree. I’ve completed a whole Buffy rewatch which began in late 2019 and continued through the quarantine. I’m still finishing Angel: Season 5, however. On this watch, I tried following one of those “best way to view Buffy/Angel simultaneously” lists, and got through the end of Buffy but it’s been hard to get through AtS: S5.

Likewise, I’ve also done a complete Charmed rewatch, and a Gilmore Girls rewatch. Oh and I’m currently in the middle of a One Tree Hill rewatch. Listen, I’m a walking encyclopedia of all things WB, okay?

Anyway, I’ve missed these boards. I hope to be somewhat active again in between two jobs and my avid tv-watching.Can’t wait to meet new friends and catch up with oldies! ❤

PS. If you haven’t started Nancy Drew, hop onto HBOMax and stream the episodes because it’s very Buffy/Veronica Mars.

Priceless

Scooby
Hi and welcome back! Congrats at both crossing the 30 border and getting your Master, both huge achievements. 😀

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome back! You never feel older than when you turn 30 because Saturn is returning to its natal position, where it was when you were born. You also realize the beer ads on TV are no longer aimed at you anymore - they are aimed at a younger crowd.

What did you get your Master's in and what are the two jobs? I like to hear how people can accomplish so much now that I am retired.

Cohen

Hellhound
Welcome back! You never feel older than when you turn 30 because Saturn is returning to its natal position, where it was when you were born. You also realize the beer ads on TV are no longer aimed at you anymore - they are aimed at a younger crowd.

What did you get your Master's in and what are the two jobs? I like to hear how people can accomplish so much now that I am retired.
My masters is in educational administration. I am a high school ESOL teacher (English for speakers of other languages) and a server/manager at a local restaurant. I love both! There’s nothing like seeing the growth in a student who comes to you speaking very little if nothing in your language and leaves you a fluent speaker! And as far as serving, there’s so many unique people you come across as a server. I love meeting new people, and have regulars come back!

Mr Trick

Scooby
Welcome back! Sounds like you've come a long way and done a lot since your last visit. I enjoy Gilmore Girls a lot too. Thanks for the Nancy Drew tip. Will look out for it.

Cohen

Hellhound
I was never in the WB boards but I did frequent the UPN chatroom during Buffy’s last 2 seasons and I was also a member of OneTreeHillfans

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Welcome to those who are us. I am one of the lucky few who are fluent in a second language, now if only I could understand what I was fluent in for the second language, tee hee.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Hey hey, welcome home :)

Congrats on the Masters 🥂

Cohen
Cohen
Thank you love! It’s so hard going back to school after years away! Lol

burrunjor

Potential
Welcome back. I just turned 30 too recently. I don't want to admit it LOL.

Cohen
Cohen
I’m embracing it! 30 is SO the new 20!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Hello Boards!

PS. If you haven’t started Nancy Drew, hop onto HBOMax and stream the episodes because it’s very Buffy/Veronica Mars.
Glad you back . I back from being off for some time myself . How is Nancy Drew like Buffy ? . Curious :cool:

ChaseRules

Sineya
Welcome to those who are us. I am one of the lucky few who are fluent in a second language, now if only I could understand what I was fluent in for the second language, tee hee.
The second language I guessing is deceit & evil I guessing since I know what you belong to ;)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@ChaseRules,
you ask how Nancy Drew is like Buffy, there are so many reasons!
Some of the films about Nancy Drew are like the film Buffy, could be a lot better.
Also, and this is a most obvious comparison for the two of them, they are both female.

PS Hello to Cohen, hope you are enjoying us being us.

ChaseRules

Sineya
@ILLYRIAN .
I have just one question then . Is Nancy Drew blond like Buffy & Veronica Mars are :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I don't think so, probably used the wrong bottle of hair colour.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Likewise, I’ve also done a complete Charmed rewatch, and a Gilmore Girls rewatch. Oh and I’m currently in the middle of a One Tree Hill rewatch. Listen, I’m a walking encyclopedia of all things WB, okay?
Me: how on earth did you have time for... oooh right, lockdown.

Only got to the start of season 3 in my OTH re-watch. I’ve never watched beyond s3. Do you recommend completing it? Do the later seasons hold up?

Cohen

Hellhound
Me: how on earth did you have time for... oooh right, lockdown.

Only got to the start of season 3 in my OTH re-watch. I’ve never watched beyond s3. Do you recommend completing it? Do the later seasons hold up?
As an adult, I have come to love the adult years. It’s super soap-y, and everyone ends up reaching their dreams but I love the corny soap feel of the show. Lucas and Peyton leave at the end of season 6, and that brings a certain “finality” to the show. The beginning of season 7, it’s obvious the writers didn’t know what to do without Lucas but it evens out and the end of season 7 (last 9 episodes) are some of my favorite! Season 8 is full of fun and nostalgia (there’s a holiday episode for ALMOST every holiday) while season 9 is one big long soapy mystery. So I say go for it! I’m currently in the middle of 7. Trying to get past the slump. But I have seen this show so many times I just keep encouraging myself (“You can do it Cohen, it gets SO MUCH better in just a few more episodes”) lol.

But season 3 is PEAK One Tree Hill. Everything was going right by then. We never really get back to the amazing stories in that season. It was fun and full of drama. Season 3 will always be in my top 10 of favorite tv seasons. (Veronica Mars season 1 is definitely top for me. Best inaugural season of a TV SHOW ever! Though I will say that Nancy Drew’s first season last year was almost as good!)

Top Bottom