• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Tricky and RachM are doing a Youtube watch of the first two eps later . In 40 minutes I think ? .

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
I feel like it was a mistake to do a 2 part drop? Leaving on the cliffhanger in the middle of the story sucks. But I know they’re trying to milk out 2 months for new subscribers (or recurrent subscribers). I’m excited for the finale in July.

Is it the middle? I thought Part 2 was just 2 additional episodes (each like an hour and half-2 hours a pop!)

This “Part” madness is getting out of hand. Even Mission Impossible is splitting its new movie into two parts!

IndianaSolo221

Potential
*A spoiler-free rambling*

I finished S4 a couple days ago. Off the top of my head: I don't understand why they split the season into two parts, considering that there will likely a fifth season to wrap everything up. Everything from this season feels like a natural progression of the third. I like Max's character arc, and watching Joyce figure things out this season was fun. I'm not sure I like the direction they're taking Jonathan's character. I have no idea where they are going with the cliffhanger ending. I can't wait to see what comes next!

Plasma
Plasma
The running theory is that they did it to hit an Emmy submission deadline.

Plasma

Staff member
So question for all you ST heads

I loved the first season a lot. S2 was a big yikes from me, but I sort of enjoyed 3.

Should I watch this one? Like will I enjoy it as much as the first one, or is that just the internet overhyping something

T
thrasherpix
I'd love to answer this, but don't know how (and realize other minds react differently from my own). Could you sum up why you reacted to the 3 seasons as you did?

Cohen

Hellhound
I thoroughly enjoyed this season. It is a little slower than the others, but it is clearly building to something. I'm really excited for the finale in July! The whole season is an homage to 80s horror and I loved that!

Antho

Scooby
yes the season is very slow for me it bothered me a lot sometimes. it takes too long to set up. Too much talk for nothing even I would say. honestly during some scenes I was doing other things.. I even happened to stop in the middle of an episode and resume 2 days later when for the first 3 seasons I had never done that. I was less hooked on this season. but after it is worth watching, and the last episode is great. and small negative point also I'm not a fan of the format of 1h and a few for episodes. I prefer the format 40-45 minutes.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
I haven't watched S4 yet. I've been stuck on a rewatch for months (S2) & then I will watch S4. As part2 hasn't been out yet, it's no big deal. I will try to be ready when P2 will be out so then I will bingewatch the whole S4.

Heard there was a Kate Bush song in the soundtrack, it's nice :p.

Antho
Antho
Yeah that song is fabulous

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
So question for all you ST heads

I loved the first season a lot. S2 was a big yikes from me, but I sort of enjoyed 3.

Should I watch this one? Like will I enjoy it as much as the first one, or is that just the internet overhyping something
I'd rank S4 right up there with S1. It's definitely worth watching. :)

Cohen

Hellhound
small negative point also I'm not a fan of the format of 1h and a few for episodes. I prefer the format 40-45 minutes.
interesting, I loved having more time because of the disjointed set-up of the season. There’s so much happening to different groups, I think a shortened timeframe would have left a lot out. Though I will say some parts of the story left me with a dragging feeling.
For example, the Eleven backstory could get a bit long at times. I think her isolation hurt the story the most.

Antho

Scooby
I think a shortened timeframe would have left a lot out.
Then make 1 or 2 episodes more. 1h for one episode is too long for me. It’s like watching a movie each time. Sometimes I had to stop the episode and continue the tomorrow day.

Plasma
Plasma
Apparently the last two episodes are literally movie length, so I’m sure you’re chomping at the bit for those 😂

WillowsFaith

Potential
S4 is better then I was expecting, and I already had high expectations. Honestly this is my 2nd favorite season. Don’t think Season 1 can ever be topped due to it’s impact on pop culture. Just hope Will plays a bigger part in the finale considering he started the show and has the most connections to the Upside-Down. El will always be iconic, and Max is a legend!

thrasherpix

Scooby
To avoid spoilers, I'll keep this brief. A friend mentioned the possibility of doing a shipping fic between Vecna of ST and the Other Mother in Coraline.

I'm still laughing out loud! But wow, I could see that working, at least initially, until one tried dominating the other (which seems inevitable).

In any case it WILL happen (as fanfic and fanart and probably some YT vid)...soon, if not already.

Plasma

Staff member
In any case it WILL happen (as fanfic and fanart and probably some YT vid)...soon, if not already.

Rule 34: If it has been thought of, somewhere, someplace on the internet it exists. ;)

But like…honestly things like this just make me worry about the internet and the people on it. Like, did you people not like…SEE any of this season yet? 🙌

T
thrasherpix
Oh this is VERY mild to the insanity I've seen out there. One of the most insane stories--Harry Potter being part Veela male and having Draco's baby--had thousands praising the fic with the rare criticism being how a spell was done or some such.
Top Bottom