• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

That feeling of oncoming, inevitable doom....

Nikkolas

Glory/Dawn Shipper.......
I'm rewatching all of Buffy for the first time in a long while. I always liked Bangel. Even now, while I see all the painfully cliche romantic speedbumps ("oh no, Buffy saw Angel with another girl!") , it works because it has that Buffy magic. That girl was Dru and gave us more backstory. To say nothing of how great SMG and Boreanaz are together. Just because it's a bit maudlin like Giles says doesn't mean it can't be affective.

But of course I know what's coming. And you know, perhaps it's because I'm all old now, but seeing the Scoobies in pain is so much more devastating. They used to be those awesome teenagers when I first saw the show as a kid. Then they were about my age during my last watch. Now I'm 33 and they're all just babies and I don't wanna see them hurt. Especially not Buffy who goes through so much already and deserves to be happy.

So during every sweet scene with her and Angel there's like a voice in the back of my mind screaming "you know what's coming.",
Same thing with every time I see Giles and Jenny together.

I think this is going to be the most consistent feeling besides nostalgia as I watch through Buffy again. I just want everyone to be happy and it won't happen, or at least it won't last.

Top Bottom