- Nov 20, 2001
- The City of Angels
The upgrade is now more or less complete. Here is a description of the new features:
- Rounded avatars: this is the new standard for Xenforo (though I can't decide if I like it lol)
- Last poster avatar on the forum list: Similarly, there is now the (rounded) avatar of the last poster in the thread on the forumhome before the link to the last thread in that forum
- Better support for iPhone X/Xr/Xs displays: if you have a newer phone with a "notch", the new version makes better use of the space and ensures nothing is covered up by the notch
- Url unfurling: Basically, if you post a link (on its own line), it will auto create a preview which includes the page title, metadata logo, description and favicon.
- Spoiler button: Under the insert menu in the rich text editor toolbar, you can insert regular or inline spoilers.
- Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers: Unfortunately, none of these supported devices are made by Apple. Long story short, Apple doesn't support the APIs required for push notifications that everyone else does, so the ball is in their court to do so. But on your PC and Android devices, you can enable notifications under Preferences and then choose which kinds of things you want to be notified about.
- Reactions: As you may have seen already, now instead of just being able to "like" something, there are different "reactions" you can choose. You can see all the reactions you've received in the account menu here: https://buffy-boards.com/account/reactions
- Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access: So, some of the emoji things in this upgrade are emoji suggestions as soon as you type the colon and a couple of letters and a new smilie/emoji combined picker
- Content bookmarking and sharing: You'll see in the upper right hand of posts, a little "bookmark" icon to the left of the post number. Clicking on that will add it to your bookmarks. You have the option to adding a note (message) or label to it. (Word of advice: when adding a label, you have to click on the box that comes up with the words you just typed in order for it to be added. It's a bit weird.) To access and manage your bookmarks, you click on your name like you are going to open your account menu, and you will see a second tab there for bookmarks. There are also social sharing links to the left of the bookmark one.
- BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments: what it says on the tin
- New user online icon on the avatar: No longer in the corner
- Chat popups: You can now open the chatty room in a popup