• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Upgrade Complete

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The upgrade is now more or less complete. Here is a description of the new features:
  • Rounded avatars: this is the new standard for Xenforo (though I can't decide if I like it lol)

• Last poster avatar on the forum list: Similarly, there is now the (rounded) avatar of the last poster in the thread on the forumhome before the link to the last thread in that forum

• Better support for iPhone X/Xr/Xs displays: if you have a newer phone with a "notch", the new version makes better use of the space and ensures nothing is covered up by the notch

• Url unfurling: Basically, if you post a link (on its own line), it will auto create a preview which includes the page title, metadata logo, description and favicon.

• Spoiler button: Under the insert menu in the rich text editor toolbar, you can insert regular or inline spoilers.
Like this
Or this

• Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers: Unfortunately, none of these supported devices are made by Apple. Long story short, Apple doesn't support the APIs required for push notifications that everyone else does, so the ball is in their court to do so. But on your PC and Android devices, you can enable notifications under Preferences and then choose which kinds of things you want to be notified about.

• Reactions: As you may have seen already, now instead of just being able to "like" something, there are different "reactions" you can choose. You can see all the reactions you've received in the account menu here: https://buffy-boards.com/account/reactions

• Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access: So, some of the emoji things in this upgrade are emoji suggestions as soon as you type the colon and a couple of letters and a new smilie/emoji combined picker

• Content bookmarking and sharing: You'll see in the upper right hand of posts, a little "bookmark" icon to the left of the post number. Clicking on that will add it to your bookmarks. You have the option to adding a note (message) or label to it. (Word of advice: when adding a label, you have to click on the box that comes up with the words you just typed in order for it to be added. It's a bit weird.) To access and manage your bookmarks, you click on your name like you are going to open your account menu, and you will see a second tab there for bookmarks. There are also social sharing links to the left of the bookmark one.

• BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments: what it says on the tin

• New user online icon on the avatar: No longer in the corner

• Chat popups: You can now open the chatty room in a popup
Also thank you to sk for updating the post comment modification for us! :)

Last edited:

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Oh also, on the reactions, you will get an alert saying that someone has "reacted" to your post...but this will probably change when I think of a better way to phrase that because it just sounds odd.

S
Spanky
Reacted sounds good. Lol we are such a reactionary bunch.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
My favorite is the spoiler one, the blurred effect is totally cool, can't wait to use it :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
/me rolls around on the floor - this is MUCH easier as a circle!

Thanks team :) looks good. Im happy for the chatty.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Right now, my initial reaction is:
tenor.gif

But eventually it'll turn into:
MerryEvergreenAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
I've only used it on an Android device so far but it looks great. 👍

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I LOVE the image limit! I do not enjoy conversations in pictures, I come to read forums to read the original words of the people posting, not talking in gifs or acted reactions. So this is a YAY from me :D

Willow Tara

Scooby
Sineya
The upgrade is now more or less complete. Here is a description of the new features:
  • Rounded avatars: this is the new standard for Xenforo (though I can't decide if I like it lol)

• Last poster avatar on the forum list: Similarly, there is now the (rounded) avatar of the last poster in the thread on the forumhome before the link to the last thread in that forum

• Better support for iPhone X/Xr/Xs displays: if you have a newer phone with a "notch", the new version makes better use of the space and ensures nothing is covered up by the notch

• Url unfurling: Basically, if you post a link (on its own line), it will auto create a preview which includes the page title, metadata logo, description and favicon.

• Spoiler button: Under the insert menu in the rich text editor toolbar, you can insert regular or inline spoilers.
Like this
Or this

• Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers: Unfortunately, none of these supported devices are made by Apple. Long story short, Apple doesn't support the APIs required for push notifications that everyone else does, so the ball is in their court to do so. But on your PC and Android devices, you can enable notifications under Preferences and then choose which kinds of things you want to be notified about.

• Reactions: As you may have seen already, now instead of just being able to "like" something, there are different "reactions" you can choose. You can see all the reactions you've received in the account menu here: https://buffy-boards.com/account/reactions

• Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access: So, some of the emoji things in this upgrade are emoji suggestions as soon as you type the colon and a couple of letters and a new smilie/emoji combined picker

• Content bookmarking and sharing: You'll see in the upper right hand of posts, a little "bookmark" icon to the left of the post number. Clicking on that will add it to your bookmarks. You have the option to adding a note (message) or label to it. (Word of advice: when adding a label, you have to click on the box that comes up with the words you just typed in order for it to be added. It's a bit weird.) To access and manage your bookmarks, you click on your name like you are going to open your account menu, and you will see a second tab there for bookmarks. There are also social sharing links to the left of the bookmark one.

• BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments: what it says on the tin

• New user online icon on the avatar: No longer in the corner

• Chat popups: You can now open the chatty room in a popup
Also thank you to sk for updating the post comment modification for us! :)
Oh that is so great!!! (Not sure I really like the round avatars, but the rest is awesome! :D) Love the different reactions. Sometimes I wanted to tell a person I found their post funny and I just liked it. Now I can choose the "haha" reaction :) :p
Also lobe the push notifications and the bookmarks, because sometimes I found a post very interesting, now I'll always be able to find them again :D

Really awesome! Thanks :)

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Ooooo Sparkly and shiny 🥰 Thanks Buffy and the team :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Holy emojis batman! 👁️‍🗨️🚓 🆒
I'm gone for a few days and everything changes. :D 😎

Top Bottom