• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Upgrade (Mostly) Complete

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Aside from the skins which need added back, and a couple of things that I'm not sure if I will bring back like the random quotation and video, the upgrade itself is complete.

I apologize for how long this has taken. I ended up having hand surgery and it's slowed me down more than I thought it would, typing with one hand that is not my dominant one lol. Also rebuilding over 1.2 million posts so we could see the old karma comments took a really long time.

A huge thank you to our lovely member @sk, who not only made us a modification so we could still have karma comments, but also built an importer so we didn't lose all the old comments. And he also made us an updated "mark thread as read" modification. So everyone please thank sk!

Thank you also to @Spanky for his help with graphics for new styles (forthcoming)!

A few of the more prominent changes:
  • Mobile Friendly Style
  • Sticky header navigation when the page is scrolled
  • Emoji support
  • Message editing in place instead of in an overlay
  • What's new menu
  • Quick thread - start a new thread in any forum from the main page
  • Most viewed threads this month in sidebar
  • Buttons to scroll to top or bottom of page
Other features have been cleaned up, with more smoothly running code.

And now I can begin rebuilding the old styles :) We'll also be starting up the "Tips & Tricks" series again shortly.

sk
sk
Must admit that I am a bit relieved that the import seems to have finished okay finally. lol

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Conspicuous Only By Its Absence
Black Thorn
Aside from the skins which need added back, and a couple of things that I'm not sure if I will bring back like the random quotation and video, the upgrade itself is complete.

I apologize for how long this has taken. I ended up having hand surgery and it's slowed me down more than I thought it would, typing with one hand that is not my dominant one lol. Also rebuilding over 1.2 million posts so we could see the old karma comments took a really long time.

A huge thank you to our lovely member @sk, who not only made us a modification so we could still have karma comments, but also built an importer so we didn't lose all the old comments. And he also made us an updated "mark thread as read" modification. So everyone please thank sk!

Thank you also to @Spanky for his help with graphics for new styles (forthcoming)!

A few of the more prominent changes:
  • Mobile Friendly Style
  • Emoji support
  • Message editing in place instead of in an overlay
  • What's new menu
  • Quick thread - start a new thread in any forum from the main page
  • Most viewed threads this month in sidebar
  • Buttons to scroll to top or bottom of page
Other features have been cleaned up, with more smoothly running code.

And now I can begin rebuilding the old styles :) We'll also be starting up the "Tips & Tricks" series again shortly.

My Lord, that seems like so much work!!! Your love and dedication for this site is extraordinary, and greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Thanks for all the work you done . You all did a wonderful job & deserve a lot of praise for what you did .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The Always skin looks gorgeous, I have no idea if it was always this pretty, but I'm loving it today

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The new update is great. Thanks to all involved.

@Buffy Summers I have one small request when it comes to a Sprusilla skin (if possible, but don't stress about it if it's not), could it please be possible to have black writing on a light red background please? I know on the old style forum, I would've loved to have a different background other than the Buffy Season 10 one, however I found the text hard to read on some of the skins including the old Sprusilla one so I kind of just stuck with the season 10 skin.

Thanks again for all your hard work :)

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Site looks awesome on mobile (which is all I use nowadays)!

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
  • Mobile Friendly Style
These are my favorites of the listed improvements.

Besides that I really like the new preview function in XenForo 2.
The old one was a bit of a hassle with a complete new page and stuff just to check that your quoting or whatever was correct.

/SK

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I apologize for how long this has taken. I ended up having hand surgery and it's slowed me down more than I thought it would, typing with one hand that is not my dominant one lol.
Been there and done that! You don't realise how reliant you are on your strong hand till you can't use it. I hope you're recovering OK.

A massive thank you to you, @sk and @Spanky for the hard work. I've not been around too much but the upgrade looks nice. The Angel skin is easier on my eyes colour wise until The Prom comes back so thumbs up for that :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Far out Buffy, heal well!

I love it! Its much easier to use on my phone. I like the sidebar thingo with options so easy to access.

Thanks team!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Yes, its A LOT easier to navigate on my phone now! ☆☆☆☆

Nix

🤪
Sineya
OooOooooOOooo my style is back :D Thanks so so so much. Also looking forward to seeing the new ones :) Ta everyone :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Buffy Summers, boss,
I hope your hands are a bit better.
But it does remind me of my good old days, when I learnt how to type with three fingers of the same hand - luxury!
But the prospect of using both hands at the same time! Sadly that was an impossible dream, but there are good things to be found in adversity. How else could I keep typing and have a cuppa at the same time.
I bet you can't wait til this upgrade is well and truly finished,
but give it a week or two then, as its fresh in your mind,
do it again!
Better still, to those people who proved to be so helpful .. .. .. .. ..

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Hi. Will the versions of the skins with the images ever return, or are they gone for good? I now have a menu that is three lines to the left of the screen that I have to troll thru and no pictures. If there's a way to change this, I haven't been able to find it. I know it's probably me. So if someone could help me undo this, I'd be very grateful.

It looks like the mobile version of some of my other sites, but there's no way to change to the desktop version that I can find.

Thanks

Thanks

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
Hi. Will the versions of the skins with the images ever return, or are they gone for good? I now have a menu that is three lines to the left of the screen that I have to troll thru and no pictures. If there's a way to change this, I haven't been able to find it. I know it's probably me. So if someone could help me undo this, I'd be very grateful.

It looks like the mobile version of some of my other sites, but there's no way to change to the desktop version that I can find.

Thanks

Thanks
Are you using a tablet to view the site?

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
no, don't own one. I didn't change anything. just turned on my computer and the layout was different.

couldn't find anyway to undo it.
Hmmm ok, it just sounds like a mobile browser view, which usually is just limited to phones and tablets.

Have you tried a different browser to see if it makes a difference?

Top Bottom