• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Upgrade (Mostly) Complete

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
Aside from the skins which need added back, and a couple of things that I'm not sure if I will bring back like the random quotation and video, the upgrade itself is complete.

I apologize for how long this has taken. I ended up having hand surgery and it's slowed me down more than I thought it would, typing with one hand that is not my dominant one lol. Also rebuilding over 1.2 million posts so we could see the old karma comments took a really long time.

A huge thank you to our lovely member @sk, who not only made us a modification so we could still have karma comments, but also built an importer so we didn't lose all the old comments. And he also made us an updated "mark thread as read" modification. So everyone please thank sk!

Thank you also to @Spanky for his help with graphics for new styles (forthcoming)!

A few of the more prominent changes:
  • Mobile Friendly Style
  • Sticky header navigation when the page is scrolled
  • Emoji support
  • Message editing in place instead of in an overlay
  • What's new menu
  • Quick thread - start a new thread in any forum from the main page
  • Most viewed threads this month in sidebar
  • Buttons to scroll to top or bottom of page
Other features have been cleaned up, with more smoothly running code.

And now I can begin rebuilding the old styles :) We'll also be starting up the "Tips & Tricks" series again shortly.

Buffy, your hard work and dedication to this site is so appreciated. The place looks bitchin'.
Without BB, I'd have no outlet for my Buffy/Angelverse obsession--well alright I'd have a couple but neither remotely good. I've long since abandoned both and would only ever consider returning to one.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
It was working fine, then it changed without me doing anything. same browser.
Please just have some patience, the skins have not all been uploaded, and some were created a long time ago when we had different software. Some may need changing, but Buffy is doing all this on her own, so just give her some time. When she has finished the upgrade I'm sure she will be able to tweak any skins that have issues, but please let her finish doing this first.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Please just have some patience, the skins have not all been uploaded, and some were created a long time ago when we had different software. Some may need changing, but Buffy is doing all this on her own, so just give her some time. When she has finished the upgrade I'm sure she will be able to tweak any skins that have issues, but please let her finish doing this first.

I will be patient. I just wanted to let her know.

The mobile only view issue is present on all the skins. The default skin still has an image but it too is set up in the mobile version with the little box in the top left hand corner that you have to click on for menuing.
No image headers show up in any of the other skins now - they were there before -- mine was Angel. Now it's just text, no image in the header.

Peace.

And thanks, B, I don't know how you do all of this upgrade with both hands working perfectly... this is a serious job of work.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I figured out why the mobile version was all I was seeing. I'd enlarged the text (ctrl +) so much that it scrolled off the page. Apparently, that's what triggers the mobile. The larger the text, the more stuff creates 'mobile' 'boxed' menus and the less extraneous stuff shows (like photo headers). It is apparently a stepped thing.

As you reduce the size of the text, more stuff appears, until it's all visible (and laid out in multiple columns instead of just one). Once that happens, the text appears to just get smaller, with no further changes, but I haven't gone to max small, so maybe there's more that will appear...

I hadn't realized it, but I had enlarged the text b/c I was using a lower contrast background that meant the I was having difficulty reading.... so I kept making the text bigger. Now I'm back to my favorite light blue background (the one with the Faith and Buffy in front of the high school version) and I reduced the text and everything began to appear.

Anyway, it's automatic, so if you are missing stuff, it's due to screen size or text size.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I also want to thank Buffy for all her work . I love this board & glad it mostly upgraded . I willing to wait calmly until the rest is done . Which isn't a strong point for me but for here it is . I glad you got more skins since I able to use one that doesn't hurt my eyes .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Are the image tags intended to work with pictures from a server like postimage or imgur or can you actually go into picture files on your own C-drive and attach them? I have been typing [ img ] then the URL of the image from postimage then [ /img ] (spaces added to keep everything between img and /img from being interpreted as a picture) because the image symbol invites you to drag an image and drop it. It works, but is that how it is supposed to be used?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
You can still use the image URL, just click on the link icon under the image tab instead of the drag and drop

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Is the upgrade now complete? I have a lot of typing lag on my phone. Possibly the browser or the keyboard? It doenst happen on other sites on the phone. I havent checked on the laptop yet. Would this be my issue or a site issue? Thanks in advance :)
Post automatically merged:

I dont have the lag on the laptop. Site looks good from here! YAY!

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Looks great. Easy to use! thank you!!

Question: will we ever get our karma counts back, or will it just be karma with no count? I will understand either way. Thanks again.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
OK let's try image transfer out. If this works, you should have a picture of the late great Cujo and the tree spirit:

DSCF0056.jpg

Octavia
Octavia
Sweet!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
OK let's try image transfer out. If this works, you should have a picture of the late great Cujo and the tree spirit:

DSCF0056.jpg
Nice . Just one question . Are you a Druid since it seems your tree is poesied there .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
It looks like postimage is having a problem. People on other sites have claimed that their images have disappeared from that site as well. One suggested cure is to change the postimage.org part of the image URL to postimage.cc which has cured some of it. This should do it:

DSCF0056.jpg

The postimage.org website has a message on it:

postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.

New uploads already have been changed over but someone may want to write some code to change the postimage.org to postimage.cc in every postimage upload from before today or at least allow the URL to be edited. At least, Cujo is back!

Top Bottom