• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Upgrade Still in Progress

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Removing some of the old modifications before the upgrade is taking longer than I anticipated, so instead of keeping the board closed I am going to open it. It will be closed again for the actual upgrade process.

You will see that some features will have already been removed, and others will disappear as time goes on. Assuming I can get everything uninstalled by tomorrow evening, I will do the actual software upgrade then.

Thank you for your patience.

:)

Last edited:
sk
sk
The only thing that is certain during an upgrade is that it takes longer than expected. :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
We are now upgraded to XF 2.0. However, I still have a lot of work to do with regards to formatting things, and various settings etc. But I wanted to try and minimize the downtime. I don't believe I will need to close the board again though for this upgrade.

Also, all of the styles will be added back, but I want to get everything else set before I begin work on our 60+ styles, which all have to be completely redone for this new software version.

I will be posting more info about the changes in this version when we are closer to completion. Thanks again for your patience.

:)

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Well see you when layout allows me not to try to manage this eye hurting color scheme. This is painful. And i do mean literally.
Ttfn

Antho

Scooby
I have noticed that some of my ancient comment given by karma points on another member's post have disappeared, is that normal ? Are we no longer allowed to give karma ?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Looks good. Thanks for all of your hard work in trying to better this place.
[WARNING]hmmm[/WARNING]
[OFFTOPIC]I might like this[/OFFTOPIC]
[EDIT]Oh yeah, I do[/EDIT]

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
This looks like it'll be great once I can get my colour scheme back. We also have an emoji for "I can't believe you're talking such rubbish" :eek:

That one should come in handy :D

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well see you when layout allows me not to try to manage this eye hurting color scheme. This is painful. And i do mean literally.
Ttfn

Try to bring some manners back with you.
Post automatically merged:

I have noticed that some of my ancient comment given by karma points on another member's post have disappeared, is that normal ? Are we no longer allowed to give karma ?

sk73 coded us a new karma modification. I'm trying to get the old ones imported but I'm not yet sure if we will be able to.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Couple of questions...
Will there be more smileys after the upgrade's complete?
Will the layout change any more, or have more options?
Right now my name either shows up as:
HowiMetdaSlaye
r

or:
HowiMetdaSlay
er

depending on my settings/screen size. I'm not one to get all OCD on stuff, but it looks a bit off. :oops:
Overall liking most of the updates.
Anyway, good luck with the upgrades. :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Couple of questions...
Will there be more smileys after the upgrade's complete?

Maybe. I haven't looked at it to see if our old ones will work, and I haven't seen new packs available yet.

Also, there is emoji support as well.

Will the layout change any more, or have more options?

Yes and yes.

Right now my name either shows up as:
HowiMetdaSlaye
r

or:
HowiMetdaSlay
er

depending on my settings/screen size. I'm not one to get all OCD on stuff, but it looks a bit off. :oops:

I didn't get that far yet, but will most likely widen that part of the postbit.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I have a couple of questions.

1. Can we change the skin like before?

2. Why can't I comment on others profile posts?

Thanks.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Also, there is emoji support as well.
I would like to sign up for emoji support please. Then me and a bunch of others can sit in a dimly lit room that reeks of stale coffee and lament our intolerance for emojis. Finally, something for me.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Hey @Buffy Summers I hate to be one of those people... but do you think we would be able to get smaller text again? I know on the previous board you had to disable it because with the smaller text you could also alter the text color which created havoc with different skins. Just wondering if they were a separate thing now? I used small text a lot. I of course can work around it and it's not like a capital offense if you can't so don't worry about Mr. Spanky showing up outside Casa de Buff with a trunk full of accoutrements wanting to string you up from the rafters (unless you are into that sort of thing and then well we can discuss my rates). And it's not a pressing issue, I am sure there are many other things you are having to juggle at the moment... just curious.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
It's not a separate option, and it's annoying :p
Post automatically merged:

@Mr Trick

There is a privacy setting that allows people to only accept profile comments from people they follow. Otherwise you should now be able to comment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom