• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Upgrade Still in Progress

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Unread posts are no longer bolded black but rather a faded grey - is that deliberate?

Yes
Post automatically merged:

I'm getting alerts but only if I refresh the page. Anyone else having that issue? I think before the page would maybe auto refresh and it would tell me I had alerts now I have to manually refresh.

I just tested it and you do not need to refresh to get alerts.

Make sure you have your alert preferences set correctly in your Preferences.

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I just tested it and you do not need to refresh to get alerts.

Make sure you have your alert preferences set correctly in your Preferences.

That's strange. I have checked my settings and I am getting alerts it's just I'm only getting them if I refresh or navigate to a new page. It is still happening right now. Where I have to click refresh on the website to get my alerts. If I leave the webpage alone and go do something else an alert won't pop up. I think @EarthLogic was having a similar issue. But I can live with it. No biggie.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I ‘ll keep an eye out, but like I got the alert that you quoted me but had not refreshed the page.

What browser do you use?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Ok, just got back.

In my alerts, there's some that contain the poster's name and the date but not what they're about whereas others do. What's that about?

I'm not sure if I like the transparency where you can see the background between the message boxes. It could just be I need to get used to it, but is there a reason for that? What was wrong with the old style where the picture was just at the top of the boards rather than full page?

Navigation wise it's taking a little while to get used to, how come we have to actually click the boxes like alerts to see what they are, rather than just hovering over them?

It's not a criticism, I'm just wondering what was wrong with the old style and if there was a specific reason for changing it? How long did it take people to get used to the new style?

I also hear a clicking sound every now and then, what's that about and is there any way to turn it off? The old style never clicked.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
the clicking is all in your head :p

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I also hear a clicking sound every now and then, what's that about and is there any way to turn it off? The old style never clicked.

The clicking is because of the shoutbox. You have to go to the shoutbox and click the volume off. It was driving me nuts too! I was like "what is that??" haha.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
nightshade
nightshade
But it did make you come to the shoutbox!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This is virtually the same layout we had before. We offered old style themes as a courtesy, and as I sad we will again. It is important to upgrade to the newest software version for both security and optimization reasons.

You may have some old alerts from modifications we don’t have anymore. Those should clear for everyone though after they visit.

Ansara
Ansara
Test

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Oh that's cool! I just noticed the person's avatar is in karma posts.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Hi i am still hoping skins with contrast will be an option again. I get that this upgrade is a huge undertaking, and i deeply appreciate the hard work, but i am forced to limit time on site to prevent eye strain & headaches. Teal on teal means no contrast & black text on teal is very hard to read.

If the skins are back, i cannot locate them. But i can barely navigate the site. (my eŷes burn)

The only reason i am on at all is that i love this site. I apologize if telling you this seems rude. That was never my intent. Thanks.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Which it said in post #2...

Also, all of the styles will be added back, but I want to get everything else set before I begin work on our 60+ styles, which all have to be completely redone for this new software version.

Hi i am still hoping skins with contrast will be an option again. I get that this upgrade is a huge undertaking, and i deeply appreciate the hard work, but i am forced to limit time on site to prevent eye strain & headaches. Teal on teal means no contrast & black text on teal is very hard to read.

If the skins are back, i cannot locate them. But i can barely navigate the site. (my eŷes burn)

The only reason i am on at all is that i love this site. I apologize if telling you this seems rude. That was never my intent. Thanks.

This was a much more appropriate way to express your opinion than your first post.

Top Bottom