• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Wesley, without memories

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
Just started S5 rewatch, absolutely loving Wesley (seriously, Lineage is such a good ep!)

But, something's got me puzzled. At the end of S4, we realised that by taking the deal with Wolfram and Hart, everyone's memories of Connor have been wiped from existence, apart from Angel.

So, Wesley never read the 'Father will kill the son' prophecy, never stole baby Connor, never fell out with Angel, never left the team to go solo and really, never went dark (according to his memories). So, what exactly does he remember about that time?

Why is he still S4 Wesley, when he should be early-mid S3 Wesley?

Don't get me wrong, I love later season Wesley, he's a great character, but if nothing happened to change him, why is he still changed?

Spanky
Spanky
He never thought, why is the a scar on my neck like my throat has been slashed. That's a big problem I have with what happened on the show. Same thing with Dawn and the memories of her.

white avenger

white avenger
Probably, it was like the "Ben is Glory" thing. He would notice the scar, think, "Where did that come from," and immediately, not only would he he not have an answr, he wouldn't even remember asking the question. The same goes for the memories of everyone who should have remembered Connor. If they ever questioned what went on during that time, they would forget the question before they even realized that they had no real answer to it. They wouldn't remember, but would then even forget that they didn't remember. That would probably be easier than having W&H construct entirely new memories for everyone whose memories they wiped in the first place.

Kana

Soulless human
I think Wes must have had some kind of memories of going through some kind of dark period as he still remembers sleeping with Lilah. He doesn't seem as dark as he was in Season 4 but darker than pre-throat slit Wes. Unfortunately, those details were never specified.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Yes, this kind of bothered me at the time. We don't get to see what Wesley's new memories are at that point, at all, even though the entirety of his arc revolved around Connor and Angel. It's one of those logic fails that I have to ignore. I'm glad they restored him in Origin. In a way he got his origin story back too.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I treat forgetting Connor the same as remembering Dawn in BtVS. Minds were manipulated and events would have obviously been created on Buffy and minds can be manipulated and memories can be deleted on Angel. We saw an alternate universe where Wesley lost an arm fighting a demon on Angel so I guess this is just a matter of entire blocks of personality being changed as well as memories.

Top Bottom