• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Which three episodes would have to be your favorite for BTVS Season 7?

Your top three favorite episodes?

• Total voters

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • Lessons - Great introduction to the final season; we see where everyone is after the summer - Xander, Buffy, and Dawn have become a great little unit, Willow off in England with Giles - we see Buffy training Dawn, there's a new high school which really brings everything full circle, and that final scene with Spike and the First is just awesome.
  • Potential - I fricking love this one! Dawn deserved the spotlight and, much like Xander in The Zeppo, this was the one that finally made her more than her detractors mad of her. We, of course, also got that great speech from Xander at the end, which makes sense, seeing as the two have so much in common; it's almost like he's passing the baton, in a way.
  • Storyteller - And we have yet another underrated gem, perhaps mostly because so many fans don't like Andrew; I love him and I love this episode. Another meta one for the books.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Chosen, Help and Same Time Same Place.

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
Selfless: A fantastic episode for my favorite Vengeance demon.
Same Time, Same Place: I just love everything about this episode, and Gnarl is the perfect blend of creepy and disturbing.
Chosen: Not perfect but really good, and a great send off for the series.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Season 7 is mixed for me, some good episodes, some terrible ones, and a plot that could have been cool but not executed well. So, I picked Selfless (great episode to explore Anya's character, sad it came during the last season), Dirty Girls (I love the return of Faith and the complex feelings the gang has towards her), Chosen (not really a great episode but I love it as the ending for Buffy).

katmobile

Scooby
I went for Same Time, Same Place - a really clever episode

Storyteller

And Lies My Parents Told Me

HM - Help

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Same Time, Same Place, Dirty Girls & End Of Days; these are great episodes where I don't have issue with any aspect.
A lot of the rest of the season has good eps but where some parts just bug the hell out of me; Selfless, Conversations With Dead People, Potential, Storyteller being the main ones.

I actually love season 7 so this was really hard for me. I went with potential - for Xander's speech at the end, I love it when Xander comes through and I love Dawn in general; storyteller - because we are as gods, just a hilarious episode with a hard hitting last couple of seconds and Lies my Parents Told Me because it has flashbacks, Drusilla and Buffy siding with Spike over Giles.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Interestingly, all three of the episodes I chose were written by Drew Goddard.

1. LMPTM could easily be the best episode of the season, in my opinion. Of course I love Spike-centric episodes, and adore any and all flashbacks, but especially anything having to do with William/Spike's time in Victorian England.

Some fun facts about this episode include:

-In the DVD commentaries for this episode, David Fury says the episode was originally title "Mother and Son" until Drew Goddard pointed out that it was also about Buffy breaking ties with her father figure.

-Spike's flashback also bears some resemblance to the story of The Vampire Lestat. Lestat's mother, suffering from tuberculosis, becomes the first vampire to be sired by Lestat.

-Spike asks his mother if he should call for Dr. Gull. This appears to be a reference to Sir William Gull, a physician who tended the family of Queen Victoria and who was one of several prominent Jack the Ripper suspects

2. I chose Dirty Girls almost exclusively for the scene between Spike and Faith in the basement. I love that scene so much. The chemistry between them is great. And it's so obvious how jealous Buffy is to see Spike with Faith. It warms my Spuffy heart.

3. And lastly, Conversations with Dead People, written by Jane Espenson and Drew Goddard, is just frankly, a masterpiece. Enough said.

Antho
Antho
If I’m not wrong each writers wrote a scene in « conversations with dead people ». One writer for Dawn, another Buffy, Spike, Willow... I remember having read that

Antho

Scooby
Conversation with Dead People : fun facts : this episode is so fascinating for me that it took me like 3 rewatch I would say to realise that Xander isn’t in it ^^

Same time Same place : the return of Willow. The dynamic with the scoobies. That scene in the Basement with Spike.

Selfless : Finally an Anya’s centric episode and with flashback. I like the fight with Buffy.

whatdBuffyDo

Scooby
Sineya
The first pretending to be Joyce or Joyce herself. If I remember correctly I think Jane espenser has confirmed that it was the first. But that explanation brings a lot of question in people’s mind not finding that very logical
The one that confuses me is the black demon which we see on top of Joyce and who hurts Dawn. Is it supposed to be first too?

Antho
Antho
Yep 👍
Top Bottom