• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question Who was the hottest potential?

71 Avalon

Townie
I used to prefer Kennedy, but after re-watching S7 again I think Molly is the hottest with Eve a close second. There's also a hot blonde non-speaking extra you sometimes see in the background, but I guess extras don't really count here.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I wanted to slap Kennedy's face even on the first viewing before I got to hate this season. I guess she's okay looking, though.

None are particularly hot to me, but I did like the striped shirt one of them wore (and some kind of beret with it?).

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
She must be Violet. 🧡 I really liked her too (I blame Felicia Day for that lol)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I don't really find any of them appealing in that sense, they're mostly vulnerable, scared and (I presume) underage. I will say that Rachel Bilson- 'Colleen from Xander's dream- is quite pretty.

I'm all for a bit of shallow objectification, but really the character has to layered to hold my interest. So Slayers over potentials every time.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Kennedy is the prettiest to be honest it’s really interesting that her pretty privilege never kicks in within the fandom 😂

T
thrasherpix
While I know it's the opposite for many, how I feel about someone is going to determine how "hot" they are rather than how attractive they are determining how I feel about them and their actions. Still, it's not as simple as that, and I'm not blind.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Actress? The one who plays Kennedy. Character? Vi, played by Felicia Day. Kennedy's personality doesn't make her very attractive, let's be honest.

Reactions: Nix

Kendar

Potential
I don't really find any of them appealing in that sense, they're mostly vulnerable, scared and (I presume) underage. I will say that Rachel Bilson- 'Colleen from Xander's dream- is quite pretty.

I'm all for a bit of shallow objectification, but really the character has to layered to hold my interest. So Slayers over potentials every time.
They never give us character ages, but with the exception of Clara Bryant (Molly) all the actresses were over 18 (Clara turned 18 that Feb). Iyari Limon (Kennedy) was 26-27.

Cohen

Hellhound
Sineya
Lalaine (Chloe) was 15. She had just finished filming Lizzie McGuire.
Post automatically merged:

@Kendar I think she was in Showtime, but not Potential? I always found it odd because the Potentials would be in some episodes and not others. I think Molly was gone from multiple episodes--7x13, 7x14, 7x16, 7x17. It can get confusing to keep track of them all.

Also I never understood why Giles said "there's only a handful left" in 7x10.. and then they have like 30-40 by "Chosen," and after Chosen there's hundreds...

Last edited:
K
Kendar
Ahh. She didn't pull up on IMDB in the episode Potential, which is where I went for the main ones.
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
I remember reading somewhere that the girl's playing the Potentials (apart from the speaking roles) were taken from a local acting school & it was whoever was available at the time. That's why it was a load of different faces each time you saw them.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Now that interesting Watcher . Thanks .

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
They never give us character ages, but with the exception of Clara Bryant (Molly) all the actresses were over 18 (Clara turned 18 that Feb). Iyari Limon (Kennedy) was 26-27.

Whilst that's good to know I would say that, with the exception of Kennedy, I think all the Potentials are played young, probably younger than the actresses portraying them.

And, as I said, all too 'damsel-y' to hold any interest.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Truly high stakes intellectual conversation here! In truth though, my vote would be Kennedy, none of the potentials really stood out compared to the regular school extras or the main or supporting casts. I mean, this is a series where the least attractive girl is Willow. That's the floor.... At some point it's like asking whom the hottest girl on Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model (Ann) or Persona 5 (also, Ann) or Parks & Rec is (It's Ann, the answer is always Ann) There's really no wrong answer.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Actress? The one who plays Kennedy. Character? Vi, played by Felicia Day. Kennedy's personality doesn't make her very attractive, let's be honest.
I agree with you . Kennedy did look good but that was because they made her look nice when she was around Willow .
Would have liked to have them spent that time making Vi look that good since she had a better character .

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
As a person, I found Molly was the most interesting, but then, considering what they were to do why even ask that question. Unless of course, you are best friends with the First?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Don't think of it as judging actresses for being hot, think of it more, how well the casting director understood Joss Whedon's fascination for shoeless ballerinas.

Top Bottom