• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who would've been best for Willow after Tara's death?

Best love interest for Willow?

• Fred

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Spike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xander

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • River Tam

• Buffy

• Wesley

• Kennedy

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Amy

• Giles

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I voted for Amy,
if Amy had been around as Willow's friend long before Warren shot Tara with the magic bullet. (someone up there didn't like Tara) Considering where Warren was stood in relation to Tara the trajectory was so wrong it wasn't funny.
If Amy was with Willow before the shot they would have been a good support to each other, they could have learnt about real magic together and in doing so improved their powers. So much so that I doubt Racks would have been beneficial to either of them. It was almost as though the series was on a downer, having Spike get a soul and helping Buffy made it seem as though Joss didn't think the slayers and the witches were capable of saving humanity.
Buffy and Faith with Amy and Willow, now there would have been a great combination. The end of 7 could have been the same, but humans with slayers and witches would have caused it.

heckate

Townie
I voted "Other" - Faith! Someone kind of the opposite of Tara (the way Kennedy was -- but better than Kennedy). Willow and Faith both had some major redemption arcs to work on, and they could have totally helped each other out. They had the whole ride back to Sunnydale from LA to talk about their issues too! I was just watching "Choices" from Season 3, and there's that great moment where Faith's like, "Give me the speech again, please. Faith, we're still your friends. We can help you. It's not too late" and then Will's all, "It's way too late! It didn't have to be this way... You had friends like Buffy! And now you're just a big, selfish, worthless waste..." and the irony that future-big-bad Willow is the one saying that is lost on none of us.

They are both a little self-obsessed, so the similarities between them make them suitable partners for each other. Willow had some big hate for Faith (just talking about her makes her pencil go kablooey in "Doppelgangland", Faith punched her in the face, etc.) and Faith had a real problem with Willow (remember in Season 4 when Faith imagines stabbing her in the gut?), but that was before they understood each other. I'm just sayin', those are some big emotions and sometimes love and hate get confusing (hey, Xander had it with Cordelia and Buffy had it with Spike -- why can't Will have a relationship like that too?).

Would be growth for both of them -- from what we've seen Faith doesn't do "relationships" and Willow is used to soft-spoken partners who all but worship her. I really think the writers missed an opportunity, especially because Kennedy was such a similar character to Faith anyways. I could at least see them hate-screwing. :)

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
Sexuality labels and real world reactions aside, I think I have to go with Wesley. He also went through his dark period, so they can connect with each other in a way others can't. They also haven't talked much since Wesley left BtVS, so they still have the advantage a person outside the Scoobies/AI has: they can learn about each other and not already know every little secret about the other. Wesley also has the advantage of knowing about the supernatural, which gets rid of the hiding a huge secret straight off the bat.

sunny

Bad Day. Started bad, stayed that way.
I like the idea of Fred x Willow. The brief interactions the two of them had in Angel were just adorable. There was a good alchimy between them, plus they share a lot of common ground (both are brainy types, with an interest in science...) so I wager they would match pretty well... That's a pity we'd never have anything more...

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Dawn. That would have really made S7 good. When Dawn tells Buffy to leave their house, she could have accused Willow of stealing her sister away from her. Willow could relate with Dawn in being just a normal girl, but then on the flip side Dawn could relate with the evil Willow plight of being something of immense power. Both of them learning what it means to be human again.

If I can't have Willow and Kennedy, Willow and Dawn is the next best option.

Kendar

Potential
Dawn. That would have really made S7 good. When Dawn tells Buffy to leave their house, she could have accused Willow of stealing her sister away from her. Willow could relate with Dawn in being just a normal girl, but then on the flip side Dawn could relate with the evil Willow plight of being something of immense power. Both of them learning what it means to be human again.

Any relationship would have had to be non-sexual. Age of consent in California is/was 18 with no exceptions (so no "less than 3 year age difference" like Texas. Dawn is 16 during season 7 while Willow is 21/22.

afanofbuffy

Potential

Yikes!!

I think Oz.
Oz would allow her to mourn Tara and he would be there to steady her.
We know they already love each other and can find comfort in each other. Also... he know what it's like to struggle with a darkness.

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
I agree with AliceTheVampire. Willow shouldn’t have had another significant other after Tara.

What Tara and Willow had was special in a way that could never be matched. Not only did Tara help Willow learn to grow and evolve in her magical capabilities, but she also helped Willow to realize that she was gay, or at the least bisexual. Their relationship was also one of intense emotion and love, perhaps best demonstrated in the final three episodes of Season 5, where Willow took care of a mentally unwell Tara and did so with nothing but love and passion in her heart.

I have a hard time buying that Willow would be with anyone after Tara. The void that would have been left by her would have been too big for anyone to fill

crazy chicklet
crazy chicklet
I totally agree

burrunjor

Scooby
Well I wouldn't have killed Tara off. I'd like to have seen Willow and Fred as they were both cute Duckies, but obvs it wouldn't have been practical. Though maybe it could have happened in the comics.

Spike meanwhile I don't think would be good with Willow in season 7. Maybe they could have made it work in season 5 if they hadn't introduced Tara and had Spike get to be friendly with Willow because she is nice to him, because she's a Ducky and he appreciates that. It could have worked, but to be honest I'm happy she ended up with Tara. Just sad how it ended up.

I agree with AliceTheVampire. Willow shouldn’t have had another significant other after Tara.

What Tara and Willow had was special in a way that could never be matched. Not only did Tara help Willow learn to grow and evolve in her magical capabilities, but she also helped Willow to realize that she was gay, or at the least bisexual. Their relationship was also one of intense emotion and love, perhaps best demonstrated in the final three episodes of Season 5, where Willow took care of a mentally unwell Tara and did so with nothing but love and passion in her heart.

I have a hard time buying that Willow would be with anyone after Tara. The void that would have been left by her would have been too big for anyone to fill
I also have a hard time believing that Willow would realistically be with someone after Tara as well, which is the reason why I believe that she should have worked on herself and relearning magic then if she was ready to be in a relationship the only plausible person I see her being with (after Tara, of course) is Oz.

crazy chicklet

Glory worshipper
No one

Willow should stay single and grief Tara in season 7.Then years later she can found someone outside of supernatural world

Black Thorn
In a platonic way which I think can be just as important as romantically then Buffy Xander or Giles. In a romantic way definitely Fred.

Top Bottom