• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

World Cup 2022 Qatar : Polemics !

Antho

Scooby
We all know there will be a football world cup at the end of the year, in December. There are a lot of polemics about this, such as :

- the construction of the infrastructures. Children were/are involved, and there has been many accident with many deaths. The conditions of working are horrible and apparently there are slaves.

-LGBTQ people are not recommended to go to Qatar. This country has a very hard politics against homosexual/Trans people. They can be locked in jail or worse. If they decide to go there they are highly recommended to not show any signs of homosexuality !

- I just read an article where I learnt that apparently in Qatar it is prohibited to do something sexual with someone unless you do it with your husband/wife, meaning you are married and that you can prove it by a certificate. Certificate that it is obligatory to shown if you want to rent a room of an hotel for example.

I think there is others polemics.. so if you want to talk about it, let’s go !

Last edited:

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I look forward to seeing all those companies who virtue signal during pride month to also find some way to profit off of the world cup in a homophobic country run by a corrupt institution; This will be done through sponsorship, cash-in or simple self-promotion.

I'll also predict that there will be no real critical commentary by the mainstream by this clear cognitive dissonance.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Whole thing has been a disgusting farce from announcement onwards. I'll watch because it's my sport and I don't have to pay extra for it.

Antho

Scooby
I'll watch because it's my sport and I don't have to pay extra for it.
Sadly I’ m kinda in the same mood. But I’m hard with myself because its like l approve all what happens.. look at this thread I created, I criticize, I do have empathy and pain for that situations but I love football and I still feel the need to watch the World Cup.. it makes me a big hypocrite and a bad person. But at least I’m aware of it.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Sadly I’ m kinda in the same mood. But I’m hard with myself because its like l approve all what happens.. look at this thread I created, I criticize, I do have empathy and pain for that situations but I love football and I still feel the need to watch the World Cup.. it makes me a big hypocrite and a bad person. But at least I’m aware of it.
Don't beat yourself up. 99% of everything is awful & corrupt at the moment. An individual watching or not will make no difference at all.

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
99% of everything is awful & corrupt at the moment.

73362188.jpg

Can someone elaborate on the slave labor point? Is this really a thing that the World Cup does? As someone who isn’t European, the most I know about the WC is that the football fans go absolutely mental

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Can someone elaborate on the slave labor point? Is this really a thing that the World Cup does?
It's a Qatar thing, not a World Cup specific issue. Foreign workers have their passports held by bosses and can't leave, along with various other abuse.

Plasma
Plasma
Wow that blows. Thanks for the explanation

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I don't understand people who go to countries like these for holidays/recreational purposes, I would have to be paid a very handsome price or I would have to have a gun to my head to ever go there for a holiday. But a ton of people pay to go there.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The people in charge of the World Cup (F.I.F.A.), were held to account a couple of years ago, that was when a couple of the big bosses were sacked due to taking back handers in the millions of dollars. Sounds like they should have got rid of a few more of them, by the sound of it the World Cup promotion is going to have problems.

Top Bottom