• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Yam Sham Drabble Voting Thread

Vote for your favourite

• Drabble 1

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Drabble 2

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Drabble 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drabble 4

• Drabble 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Thanks for all the drabbles

Drabble 1:

Thnx Gvng in the City of...
"We can't just kill him," Fred said. "He is only trying to right the wrongs that were done to his people."

Cordelia scoffed at her. "The magically pregnant woman with syphilis votes for killing him," she said.

"It is not so simple, Fred," Wesley said. "It is not as though we can undo centuries of subjugation and genocide."

"I don't need this," Angel mumbled to himself. "I've spent all day cooking a turkey I can't even eat, just so we could have a nice evening together."

Darla glared at them from the chair she was bound to. An arrow protruded from her forehead like a unicorn's horn.

Drabble 2:

“Hi, mama! It’s me... Yeah, things are all right here. Getting used to it. I love my lab, I think we really have a chance of doing some good here.” Fred sighed lightly into the receiver, knowing she couldn’t hide her heart from her mother. “I just... wanted to wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving and say... I think I might’ve met someone.” A blush spread across her cheeks. “You’ve met him actually, it’s... Wesley.” Fred listened to her mother’s words, then laughed, her cheeks glowing redder. “Grandkids? Mom! I haven’t even talked to him yet. That’s for the future.” She smiled. “We have time.”

Drabble 3:

DANA’S HANDYMAN
Dana had been given an apartment near to Buffy and Dawn. She had often seen the vampire with the peroxide. Dawn told Dana that the thanksgiving holiday was near, she invited her usual boyfriend, Buffy wanted to invite some bloke; a stranger to them. Dana was at a loss as not many men wanted to date a girl who was a bit bat-shit crazy. The only one who Dana could invite was the vampire with the peroxide hair, but how to ask him, she looked at him and realised he was always there: one might say that he was handy.

Drabble 4:

Angel groaned as he shifted in his seat. His wounds still felt fresh.
Spike sniggered.
In response Angel sent a tinfoil package flying across the amply decorated Thanksgiving table, causing the bleached vampire to lunge for it.
“Oi!” He protested. “That’s bloody priceless. Took me ages to find a place that does decent blooming onions. You wanna chuck something, start with that.” He pointed a raw looking finger at the golden cup sitting at the centre of the table.
The reason for their wounds.
“I can’t.” Angel grumbled. “Harmony put cranberry sauce in it.”
“Well happy, bloody, thanksgiving then”, Spike muttered.

Drabble 5:

HARMONY’S UNICORN’S
Harmony sat at the head of the table with her five favourite unicorns each sat dutifully and looked at her. “Why are we here,” they asked. “Didn’t you know tonight is thanksgiving, I have a special treat for you unicorns, I had a chat with a senior partner who told me who to sacrifice.” Spike wandered into the room, “Oh it’s you, so tell me Harm why am I here?” he asked. Harmony ushered him to the other end of the table, the unicorns shot him with their horns. Harmony left the room with five unicorns walking by her side.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Yep them horny horses, they sure gave Spike their version of Mr. Pointy, they musta been stallions.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I went with drabble 2, because I love Fredless. It is so funny that Fred's parents being decent was such a plot twist.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I don't know about Drabble 1. It is almost a word-for-word copy of that Buffy episode. Seems kinda lazy.

I think it’s hilarious. And for me it’s a whole episode worth of entertainment in 100 words! Plus, it’s not like Joss was above reusing storylines/episode concepts on the spinoff. ;)

W
WillowFromBuffy
True. Looking at it again, I see it is actually quite funny. I especially like the title.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Considering there is only 9 votes maybe any future Drabble Competitions should have a separate place on the site. Or is it that not may folk like drabbles? So how about doing a write a poem type comp as there was for Buffy's 10th Anniversary 11 years ago.

nightshade
nightshade
Don't worry, I have plenty of ideas for different competitions! However it does vary, some have loads some barely have any even though the format is the same

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well look at that, it's a tie! @ILLYRIAN and @Taake both won, so Black Thorn receives 100 points from them both! Taake did write two drabbles but I'm doing it per person, just to give Sineya a slight chance of catching us up!

@WillowFromBuffy gets 25 points as well, I can't see that you are in a house so you can choose what to do with your points

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Hey up nightshade I wrote two as well, admittedly one was slightly lacking in votes, but that's okay.
I hate to say it though, how many points did Sineya get?
And I quote from the drabble: ' one might say that he was handy, '
yep young Dana had a weird sense of humour, and as she was the person who cut Spikes hands off and made him handy.
Dawn had a good laugh though.

Congrats to Taake.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Well look at that, it's a tie! @ILLYRIAN and @Taake both won, so Black Thorn receives 100 points from them both! Taake did write two drabbles but I'm doing it per person, just to give Sineya a slight chance of catching us up!

Booo :p

No, seriously though. Thanks to whomever voted for my drabbles, I loved all of the drabbles but Harmony's unicorns cracked me up the most!

W

WillowFromBuffy

Yay! It's always fun to get points for losing :p Give them to Sineya, please. I'm not backing the baddies.

I loved your Fred drabble, Taake, despite the lack of chestage, Wesley having such a beautiful torso and all.

Thanks for voting for me, @Grace, and sorry for questioning your choice. Did you really think it was like a whole episode in 100 words?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
I wrote 2 and 4, that’s all I can say for certain :)

Willow Tara

Scooby
Sineya
Saw this just now :/ I loove the first one! It is so funny to see (well actually read, but it's so beautifully written that I can imagine it on TV so I can see it) how the Angel cast would be in pangs. Love it! And the title is awesome! :D

W
WillowFromBuffy
You're too kind! I feel more deserving of my points now :)
Top Bottom